SNF Holding Company Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Emulsions Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA15 March 2018
Busy, and productive place to work. Although managers don't stop pushing for more even when targets are exceeded. Overall great experience. Strongly recommend
This only good thing is you get paid every week.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Plaquemine, LA7 March 2018
This place is the heartbeat of good ole boy network. If you’re degreed & experienced, you still won’t be able to advance. You have to suck up to management and be a yes man.
Pros
Get paid every week.
Cons
Cut throat, dog eat dog environment
Nice pay, trash schedule
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Riceboro, GA1 March 2018
lab schedule rotates, only get 6 weekends four times out of the year. nice job if you're fresh out of college with no experience. paid every week is nice. Hard to advance in the company.
Cons
there is a lot favoritism
It was a great place to work and good people to work with.
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA26 February 2018
My four years at SNF Holding Company was great .I love working for the company I learned a lot. I would've love to retire from there but do to a injury I had to resign .
Poorly Managed Company with Poor Communication
Employee (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA17 January 2018
Many decisions are made without considering the effects upon others. Management is short-sighted and makes some very arbitrary decisions. Not many seek input from others before deciding upon making changes and thus, valuable insight is not gained when trying to perform work. Most people hoard information to protect themselves and their position.
Pros
Good benefits, somewhat relaxed work environment
Cons
Poor management, poor communication
Overall good but they expect a lot from one person
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Riceboro, GA18 December 2017
I liked tge company but i just needed something different. It is very fast paced and if you show initiative then your looked to train more people under you.
Productive and competitive
Chemical Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA5 December 2017
Great place to work!!! You’ll never become stagnant unless you don’t move. Easy advancement. If you take test and do the work you will move up in the company and as always punctuality is a MUST!!
pay
EM Lab Tech, Polytech Assistant, EM Lab Operator (Current Employee) –  Riceboro, GA3 November 2017
There are not many options of advancing in pay if you are not be able to work in the heat or people care for you and look out for you. Otherwise the place is a decent work place does some stuff that other companies don't do or will never do. It's like everywhere advantages and disadvantages in certain areas.
Benefits
Cons
Advancement options
Decent company to work for
Polymerizer Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA16 October 2017
SNF is a decent company with different benefits that a lot of other companies do not offer. The rest of my opinion I keep to myself cause it really doesn't matter what I think. It's everybody's individual opinion to make about a place of employment.
Pros
Secure job and great benefits
Cons
Not everybody can advance the same
Production Based
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Riceboro, GA10 October 2017
Working in general is heavily based on whether or not we have orders to fill or not. If there aren't many orders, work can be manageable. If we have more orders than we can handle, we are expected to meet all demands while still solving everyday issues. Good thing is, there is plenty of overtime and money to make during that time period. Bad; it takes a toll on your work/life balance.
Constant Turnover and The Blame Game
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA9 October 2017
There was constant turnover and little job safety. Work felt like dodging bullets. You always had to save everything: CYA. I have literal nightmares about my time there.

It felt like they didn't really care about you as an individual, only the results they could get.

They would have stack discharges about once every two weeks and it would cover all the cars. Nasty stuff. You didn't want to get it wet because it would turn into goo. I wonder what that stuff did to me breathing it in...

But, hey, I did get to wear jeans everyday.
Pros
Casual dress code
Cons
Little care for you as a person, chemical discharges
Good company
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MI24 August 2017
I loved my coworkers, my boss was great and laid back. Relaxed environment generally on a day to day basis. Thankful for the time I was able to spend there.
Long hours but great pay
Polymerizer (Current Employee) –  Riceboro, GA4 August 2017
You work four 12 hour days with two off with rotating shifts, any hours worked over 8 are overtime and they give you 45 minutes paid shower time for a total of 4:45 of overtime a day. Overall a decent place to work.
Pros
Paid shower
safety
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Riceboro, GA22 June 2017
They don't care about your safety you are only a number to them and management is horrible they love to take short cuts if something breaks on a machine they expect for you to try and fix it instead of calling for maintenace and if the machine breaks again its your fault
Pros
you learn new things
Cons
management is horrible
Good Place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA23 May 2017
Liked the people very much, the job was challanging while allowing a work life balance. However the lack of safety culture concerned me and was why I ultimately left.
Not a Safe place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA23 May 2017
SNF Is Not a safe place to work. There only goal is production and hardly zero focus on safety. They are a small union mill but have a hold on the employees and do not seem to care about anything other then the bottom line.
Hard work
Chemical Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Riceboro, GA20 May 2017
Not a family oriented business at the lower level. Swing shift makes it hard for family time. They do not pay for the hazards you deal with daily. Fast turnover rate.
Auschwitz on steriods
Prisoner (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA31 March 2017
My god. I didn't know places like this still existed. Run, fast. It's that bad...

I can't even begin to describe this place. It's like a bad Hotel Saigon movie.
Pros
Security guards with Machine gun turrets and spotlights.
Cons
You can leave for lunch
Benefits are great
Domestic Accounts Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA6 March 2017
Too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Management is very top-heavy. Also, I feel minorities are allowed more leeway than their white counterparts in regards to behavior.
Pros
Excellent insurance
Cons
favoritism rules, not work ethic
This place shows FAVORITISM, if you're in the CLICK
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA22 February 2017
No matter how hard you work, in the Shipping Department, with cameras rolling, when you're in the click , your word is more believable then the cameras. Alot of back stabbing and lying in this department. Needs better management and employees who dont complain. Grown children work there, not adults.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Personal who are whinners, and lie

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNF Holding Company. Our community is ready to answer.