SAP

SAP Employee Reviews

Canada107 reviews

Found 107 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,635 reviews

Productive, fast-paced environment and supportive team

While I cannot speak on behalf of all staff, my time as an intern at SAP was rewarding and I felt well-supported. Other interns and staff were eager to connect and overall friendly. Many opportunities to transfer into a full-time position was offered, and when there wasn't people were glad to help vouch for you so long as you displayed good work ethic. My ideas were often considered and I had the opportunity to bring my projects to life as well.

A company as large as SAP means that you are constantly meeting new people, learning new things, and probably travelling. The biggest frustration is that they are a technology company and yet they have terrible internal systems. The sales tool we use to create order forms is slow as molasses and full of bugs.

Good, not great

I've been at SAP for 5 years and have truly enjoyed my time here. The work is challenging and fast-paced. I've grown and developed my skillset while tackling truly unique problems. I worked with an excellent team whom I've become friends with outside of work. The company culture is great with a fantastic flex work policy, leading you to feel like, in a lot ways, SAP cares. But for all the good things at SAP, it is by far not a perfect company. Career progression is slow, if happens at all - in my 5 years, I've only been promoted once and many quit to pursue actual advances in their career elsewhere. This results in a terrible retention of talent. In that sense, SAP is a great place to gain experience, but not to build a career. Management lacks vision, purpose, and experience; with my direct manager being passive, ineffective, and detached. She doesn't understand what I do, is slow to recognize good work, and has no idea how to help me or my team advance. I don't understand how she remains in her position and I often feel 'stuck' working under her. The pay is good but not great, and your salary increases are bad. I've heard leadership, both direct and from the board, say the reward of SAP comes from its company culture and the variety of work available. But that just means you end up making choices and stressing out about things that are way above your pay grade. I don't think I'll last much longer here, so I'll be exploring options outside of the company soon. But in general, I would recommend SAP as a great place to gain experience and develop new skills, but not a -

Pros

Flex work policy, company culture, amazing people

Cons

Average pay, slow progression, bad management

Excellent company

SAP is a really great place to work! Working hours are flexible, so you can definitely have a proper life balance. Your opinion is always listen and value.

Excellent Company

I worked here for 18 years and enjoyed every day. a quality product that addressed the marketplace and offerred me the opportunity to learn and my skills to flourish/

Pros

free coffee, lots oif internal training, lots of job opportunities

Cons

none that i identified

A great intern experience!

The intern community was very close-knit and friendly. There were many events and opportunities to meet other interns and coworkers from different departments.

A good work life balance in a competitive environment

SAP provides employees with the opportunity to write advanced code at a pace that allows them to be productive and efficient while maintaining their personal lives

Pros

Great environment

Cons

Lack of advancement

Great company with great people

Great company with great people. Great at: Overall rating Job Work/Life Balance Salary/Benefits Job Security/Advancement Management Job Culture Great company

High-tech, fast-paced company in the heart of Yaletown - great local leaders!

The Vancouver office has an exceptional culture of quality leadership and collaborative people, with a huge focus on interns, young talent, and working with employees to help them align their careers to their passions. Every part of the company is represented in the Vancouver site, which compliments learning about and networking with any development direction that might be of interest.

Pros

Fantastic facilities & location, gym, lunch program, volunteer opportunities, mentoring, Bwn, Toastmasters, top talent rewards, access to leadership team

Cons

Fast-paced, corporate HQ in Germany, long hours often encouraged, large corp politics

Work hard play hard

Great workplace and people are usually supportive, but headcount matters and Interns are very unlikely to advance to a full time position after their internship.

SAP has a friendly environment for work.

SAP has a friendly environment for work. I worked with a fantastic research group. They were always available for me. The research group manger was a fantastic person.

A great place to be an intern

I worked as an intern at SAP Vancouver for 8 months. It was a fantastic experience! You learn a lot in your jon. Plus, there are plenty of programs/workshops for interns to take part in. And it looks great on your resume!

Energetic Environment

Everyone is friendly, the space is beautiful. I loved being able to turn around and see the beautiful view from bankers hall. Working here temporarily has been an amazing experience.

Fun Place to work

It is a busy and fast-past work environment, but it's a fun place to be where there are parties with beer and samosa being served! Friendly and diverse work environment.

Great company to get experience with

You learn a lot, great benefits and have some good coworkers. Lots of training available if you want to take it. Good experiences and events for staff

No review provided

I am choosing not to write a review at this time. I may decide later to provide one. The reasons for this are personal and are not a reflection on the company.

fast pace

- Escalations, critical issues and customers, - Lunch program - global teams - stock options - share matching - full benefits - transportation expenses subsidized

Great place to work very relaxed

The workplace culture was fantastic. I learned quite a bit while I was working there. Management were fair and always had good ideas to help you along. People and Management were wonderful.

Not a bad company

Pay is good, benefits are good. If you're looking for stability this is a good option. SAP has been around for a while and it's not going anywhere. But ultimately your experience at SAP will depend on your team, managers, and department.

Pros

free lunches

An amazing company to work for

I had the chance to work with SAP for 8 years Great people ! Great moto help the world run better I had to quit because I am very creative but miss my old colleagues

Great internship program

SAP is very supportive of interns. They understand how to teach co-op students the skills we need to make valuable contributions to the agile team. I had no experience going in and learned so much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement