San Jacinto College Employee Reviews

Educational and fun
Administrative Testing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX22 April 2018
A typical day at the college was very busy. I learned about how to prepare and help students get ready for a college entrance exam. Our managers in my testing department were very understanding and always wiling to help their employees. I was a very diverse place to learn about everyone's culture because we would have a greet and meet once a week with other staff members to learn about each other. I would have to say the hardest part of this job was the speeches that I would have to talk with the students before the exam took place. What I enjoyed the most was talking with the students, the organizing of all the documents and the meetings and gathering of all employees. Regarding on how to improve our office productively, staff members.
Pros
Education
Cons
Healthcare, not enough hours for part time employees.
College professor / Dept. Chairman (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, Tx19 April 2018
I worked at San Jac as a professor and was promoted to Dept. Chair over Process Tech and Instrumentation. I interacted with adjacent companies in the area, built good relations in the community and had a staff of 4 full time and about 16 part time workers.
Pros
Good company
Cons
college pay is low
Friendly and professional environment with poor department managers
Learning Management System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TX26 March 2018
I worked at San Jac for over a year. The majority of employees here are very friendly and collaborative. The department heads/managers including my own were passive aggressive and played games.
Pros
paid on campus work outs, friendly staff
Cons
Poor management did not listen to employees.
Auwesome work place
District Supervisor Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TX7 March 2018
Great work environment and have the ability to voice your opinion without any retribution or finger pointing. The colleagues are great to work with. The college is a friendly atmosphere and care about student success.
Pros
Great institution to work for.
Cons
Under paid for experience
Good So Far
Adjunct Psychology Professor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX4 March 2018
I work as a part-time adjunct lecturer at San Jacinto College. Thus far, my experience has been positive. The students are a joy and they present new challenges and opportunities for me to learn. I do wish the pay was higher given my depth of previous experience. They do not have a pay matrix, which is very disappointing. Overall, however, it has been a positive place to work thus far.
Pros
autonomy, great experience
Cons
no pay matrix
assistant
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TX23 February 2018
I loved working for san jacintothe staff was amazing and the environment was positive. It was rewarding to work with such a great staff and teachersss
Pros
stress free
Cons
not enough hours
summary
Adjunct instructor/Lab (Former Employee) –  central campus21 February 2018
San Jac was a fun place to work until they hired a new program director who was not well versed with students. Students became immediately aware that they were not her first priority and began to develop problems
slow
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX5 February 2018
Received calls about financial aid. Helped students walk through the difficult steps of applying for financial aid. worst part about the job was how slow time passed
San Jac rocks!
Veterans Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TX5 February 2018
I enjoyed working here so much. With this position you are technically employed by the VA so the pay stinks but you are also considered a work-study so its not san jacs fault. I love that school. It is awesome.
Effective,
Math Professor College Prep (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TX2 February 2018
San Jacinto is a relaxed work environment. Work schedules are created collaboratively. Management is open and honest with workers. Employees are treated with respect.
Low compensation, stressful/ unprofessional environment, but good insurance benefits
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX17 January 2018
Low compensation, stressful work environment, unprofessional behavior tolerated and excused, frustrating and never-ending job task list for administrative staff, but good insurance benefits and time off.
intern
Internship - Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TX10 January 2018
Worked as a intern in the instrumentation department while attending the school. Assisted program director in the training of instrumentation equipment.
It is a good place to work, professional environment.
ESL TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TX27 December 2017
Good atmosphere, very professional environment. Not much supervision, program managers trust that you are a professional. I would go back to work. The job is unstable, not always classes are made. But after hurricane Harvey it became worse, classes for my subjects have not been made (GED and ESL) since then.
Productive and fun place to work
Adjunct Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Pasedena23 December 2017
This organization makes teaching easy and fun. Department heads and staff helps prepare instructors needs and helps direct end of semester stats. I will extend this school to anyone who enjoys teaching.
Work Study Student
Full-Time Industrial Technologies Student (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TX27 November 2017
I would recommend any student to work part time at San Jacinto College. I worked as a lab assistant & learned a lot to further my education as well as giving me more opportunities to find a job,
Pros
Networking
Cons
Low pay
Fun place to work
CNA Student (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX24 November 2017
Staff is nice to work with and the campus is easy to navigate. Hours are decent and you will not be there late into the night. Management is cool most days
Great Start to YOur Education and goals
Freelance Photographer/ Writer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX20 November 2017
San Jacinto College is a great place to start your career. The college allows flexibility on your schedule, propels a person into the working class, and is great money saver to acquiring your basics before you go off to university.
Productive and fun work environment
Digital Literacy Professor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TX13 November 2017
Good work environment. When classes do not make, the professors have no work. Many opportunities to keep up with changes in technology..It's a great place to work!
Great!
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  TX10 November 2017
Loved my coworkers, boss, and had an overall great experience. The job helped me practice my speaking skills and it had an overall good influence on me.
Pros
Free breakfast/lunches, Manager
Cons
hours
The best community
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TX31 October 2017
I feel like all SJC employees are really like a family. If you are looking for a comfortable place to work with good leaders, I believe San Jacinto College is the right place for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Jacinto College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4