S.U.C.C.E.S.S

S.U.C.C.E.S.S Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
Be Prepared to be proactive to learn latest knowledge of the community
It is a neat place to work in. And it is good to understand non-profit organisation expectations. People are basically friendly. Need to be multitasking and quick to respond to ad hoc work. Most of all, be knowledgeable and have excellent personal relation skills.
Success
I am working there as a volunteer. I love working there because of the nature of work which is assisting new immigrants (I love helping people) with their needs.
productive
good helper, active teamwork, good team work,need goog communication skills with co workers and clients ,good manner and be kind and be patient with clients,be on time
Great place to start your career
Good management. Good place to learn job skills. Fast paced. Immigrant organization with good staff. I really liked working here, I learnt a lot and continue to grow in my role. Jobs are contract based and can be difficult to become permanent as they are all government funded projects.
Excellent boss
Had some problems with payroll checks payroll clerk was sick but company helps you and understands your circumstance and helps out when needed.I enjoy working for success.
A well established work environment. Reliable mentors to guide on the daily volunteer program to enhance and fortify skills and abilities for young adults.
Pros
Free bus ticket every session
Cons
Short hours
Jobs
- build objects to display outside and stock items
- learned that customer is always first

- there are times when storage gets busy so management begins

This is a great institution
I learned lots of office skills when I was a volunteer at SUCCESS, and improve my English skills as well, all stuff of SUCCESS are really nice. And I hava a great experience at SUCCESS
Pros
Improve skills
Cons
good
I just did the volunteer work for two hours per week. The colleagues there are very kind and helpful. What I did there is just to lead the new immigrants for their consulting services with success experts.
unsecured,stressful,multicultural
the regional manager was awesome and perfect manager,lovely teamwork, under stress environment,the team was multicultural and very kind & cooperative.
Great place for experience
The work culture might not suit everyone. But I feel that this is a really great place for learning and to gain experience and you'll be ask to do a lot of task and to handle a lot of different situations. Not much advancement opportunity but I feel it's a good place to learn and start.
Good property/tenants, poor office culture
I worked in Hillside Gardens for one year, help them solved over 30 suites bedbugs' infested problems, improved fire/security safety, solved tenants' conflicts, there are still many things I can do there, but I have a different plan after.
A typical day at work
A typical day at work, I'm there to teach the seniors about how to use their electrical devices and how to speak English. They were very happy that I was there to help. I enjoy help other people, that is my objective.
Pros
Good people
Good company
Overall good, very busy but learn a lot, good colleagues, fun, enjoyable job, nice people, good company, good management, salary average, job security ok.
volunteer
it's a volunteer job with no pay. help to do some administrative works.
help to organize events and prepare materials. Sometimes you need to work independently.
Pros
learn some skills
Cons
no pay
Horrible and worst company ever
Low wages. Hiring and firing people so easily (Do not come to work if you have a family because you will be fired so easily). No HR department (Manager hires and fires its own staff). Ridiculous evaluation.
Nice workplace and nice co-workers
On the day I voltureered in S.U.C.C.E.S.S. , I learned the cashier skills and how to arrange the registeration information. I was used to be polite and enthusiastic to welcome and satisfy the customers' needs. My leader and team members were very nice and always willing to help. I learned how to perform well in the teamwork. The hardest part for me was to try all my best to satisfy a hurried cunsumer's needs who always had new questions and felt hurried to get a good answer. However, it was so awesome to overcome challenge! Also, the nice working asmosphere was very enjoyable!
Pros
Nice co-workers
Bureaucratic
As a front line worker, you have to face numerous and demanding clients with limited resources. You get yelled at by clients for being cheap, and management does not do much about it as they are not providing with additional resources.
stable Job

connection work place

confidential work place

Fun work place

Enjoy work place
Pros
Academic
Cons
multi-task
A productive company to work at
Success is a company where I improved my communication skills through talking with customers on the phone and face to face. I improved my organizational skills through filling over 60 files a day. Success is a good workplace to start as a volunteering job or as the first job because they don't need every worker to have any work experience because once you work at Success, they will teach you the basic skills and learn to communicate with new immigrates using your knowledge and skills.
Pros
able to gain working experience from this company
Cons
low salary
Forward thinking
My day involved working with ELSA teachers on developing new and Innovative ways in delivering their lessons to ELSA learners. I visited our various offices and trained teachers in integrating new technologies into their classrooms. I also developed the online learning classrooms at all ELSA/LINC levels. This included learning resources for both online and face to face classroom use.
Pros
Very versatile
Cons
Long Commute
Ask a question about working or interviewing at S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2