s.t.o.p. Restaurant Supply

s.t.o.p. Restaurant Supply Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
Good for anyone needing a start in a work environment, easy to do, can be fun
The managers at the Kitchener branch must have taken Toxicology in college or university. Stay away from this place. Nothing but frustration, stress, anxiety, and belittlement.
I worked full time at STOP for 8 months, and it was a great experience. The regular hours, considerate and friendly co-workers and supportive management made for a very pleasant workplace. Working there feels like being part of a family, as they are very understanding if things come up, help you improve in the workplace and celebrate everyone's success. As long as you put in the work, be prepared to have a supporting experience in return.
If I could give this company a Zero rating, I would. Management creates a chaotic and non-productive workplace. They will suck the life out of you if you let them. The more you are capable of doing, the more work they will pile on you without recognition and without financial compensation. Instead of dealing with "slackers" as they should be dealt with, they expect the "higher performers" to pick up all the loose ends. Then the Manager will turn around and tell you "well if I don't do it (all the work) nothing gets done around here", without giving you any acknowledgement for you picking up the slackers work at the managers "command" (because in the managers mind, they do all the hard work, not You). So don't expect any appreciation for the extra work and unpaid time you give them or the company either. The manager creates an atmosphere that is extremely negative and toxic, which reflects poorly on everyone including the customers. You can expect whining, back-stabbing, gossiping, lies, disrespect, screaming and yelling and to be pushed around and if you refuse to allow yourself to get caught up in all that toxicity or stand up for yourself, they will do what they can to make your life as miserable as possible. (example: having someone completely tear your desk apart and tossing everything in a grocery cart and sticking everything in a back room while you are on your vacation, which is one heck of a mess to come back too. It took me 3 days just to find and put together all my Computer components). This Manager is incompetent, miserable, unstable, envious, and full of Self-pity. - more...
Pros
Dental and Health care benefits
Cons
Incompetent Management
I would ask to work there in a heart beat if I got more out of it. Staff is great I was leaving because they didn't have nights there that I needed. But they got every other shift anyone would enjoy. Very fun and cool people.
Management was accommodating and always very fair
Staff was very friendly

Able to have a home life as office close at 6pm the latest

Enjoyed the people I worked with

Family feeling
Cons
s.t.o.p Restaurant Supply is a great place to work and grow. Onsite training, great benefits. Profit sharing and much more. Management is very approachable and understanding and is is willing to work with you. Staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. Overall I enjoyed my time at s.t.o.p
Pros
Benefits, profit sharing
So glad to work here! I had a GED and they have support me to move up in the company and paid for classes/course for me.

Yes I have to work hard but I do not know many companies who support their employees to move up’
Pros
Advancement creative open to change
This was the most toxic work environment I have ever worked in. I was made to feel like I was stupid and useless from day one. When I was only a few days into my training I could hear my department manager saying to another manager that she thinks that I am stupid for not mastering the job after only being there for a few days. It doesn't matter how hard you work your rear-end for these people they will not appreciate you or say thank you. If a customer is still in the store at closing time you are NEVER to say I am sorry we are just about to close. If a customer wants to shop for another hour or two after closing time they are welcome to do so. This job has no work/life balance if you are in retail get ready to work every weekend because it will be rare if you do get a weekend off. In the slower times when sales are down the retail employees are the one's that get blamed for the lack of customers coming into the store. Honestly don't waste your time applying to this place because it will be a never ending nightmare if you do end up getting hired.
Pros
Cons
Toxic managers/work culture, long hours, no work/life balance
My experiences working for this Company were not pleasant. The Managers "natures" are very toxic, creating chaos for everyone. The Company policy is to NOT give anyone a Letter of Reference other than one which confirms that you worked there. The harder you bust your rear-end for these people, the less they will appreciate you and you will be rewarded by having more work and responsibilities dumped onto your plate, without any acknowledgement or financial compensation. You will be expected to "wear many hats" performing jobs and work that is NOT included in your job description. It's like working with a bunch of 2 year old's in adult bodies!
Pros
Dental & Medical Benefit Plan
Cons
Toxic Managers and work Culture, over-worked with low pay, too much chaos
Not much above minimum wage for the responsibility level and complexity of work. Unreasonable expectations and used car salesman ethics to make the sale.
Pros
Cons
Training is pathetic
I found working at s.t.o.p was far too much drama and work for such a low paying job. High turn over rate in the retail department and warehouse, not a place i will ever want to go to again.
Never worked for a company before who gave feedback in a positive manner. No blame laid. Lots of room to advance. Managers are easy to talk to and very approachable.