S.R.T. MED STAFF

S.R.T. MED STAFF Pay & benefits reviews

Canada69 reviews
I worked for SRT maybe 15 yrs. Its a good homecare company because they answer the phone if you need to talk to someone or they return ur call if you leave a message. If yiu need assignment you just check available shifts online and thats cool. The company is very helpful and supportive to the staff.
Pros
free PPE, supervisors are helpful
Cons
no benefits no sick leave for part timers
its ok not bad, very low in ppe they don't give you enough for what you need to work with it.i have very bad an experience. Specially gloves and mask,they count how much hours you work not how many clients you do.specially cluster care.
Cons
S.R.T Med Staff is an organization that provide a good quality of care and safety of the clients. I've learned a lot and broadened my knowledge in caring people who are in need.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
I dont get enough hours
Working at this company will impact your mental health. The environment here is so toxic that you will want to cry every day. The job is already stressful on its own add the environment and management it is not worth the compensation. No one here is happy management is not helpful at all when it comes to support there is none. The pay vs stress of the job not worth it at all.
Official response from S.R.T. MED STAFF
3 February 2020
We welcome all feedback and are truly sorry to hear of a past employee’s negative experience.
It is well known amongst health care service provider organizations that the role of a coordinator can, indeed, be very stressful and not suited for all.

We wish this past employee all the best in her/his future endeavours.

From the Owners & Management Team
This trusted Agency has been around for many years. I know colleagues in and out of office who are still working at this company, for decades! Most times, coordinators try to match you with clients in your home area. I can call the office for shifts or any other inquiries and get help. You can choose your hours and available to fit your lifestyle. Compare to other agencies the salary here is good!!!
I enjoyed working here, good work culture and great management team. Wonderful team to work with and continuous learning. Weekly payment is like a bonus , good health benefits and group RRSP for employees.
Pros
Pizza parties on last friday of month, cakes on birthday, good management, fair compensation, Good Health Benefit and RRSP plan
I am a full-time university student working as a PSW. I am working during weekends. Managers really appreciate your work and try their best to reflect your preferences when scheduling your shifts. I get paid weekly so I do not have to worry about late bills or so.
Very flexible with scheduling, just call to pick up shifts. However there can be slow periods where there aren’t any shifts available. Calling coordinators are all generally nice. Pay is definitely not adequate for the work we have to do in the hospital, hospital psws get way more. No raises in the foreseeable future.
satisfactory pay and good benefits if you work fulltime hours. Supportive office staff and management. Provide paid orientation and education programs for a fair price.
There's always inservices to enhanced our skills . It gives us flexibility in the workforce. They treat us with fairness and equality. They encourage us n praise d us for our good work
Be prepared to work as a PSW despite your qualifications. General disregard for schooling and or certifications. Long hours, no benefits, no upwards mobility, no guaranteed shifts, no respect for seniority. No Job/Work life balance if you depend on this job to supplement expenses.
Pros
Friendly Coordinators, Flexible Scedule
Cons
Long hours, non-livable wages, no benefits, no gaurenteed shifts, no upwards mobility, no seniority, disregard for skillset, disregard for shift preference, blacklisting refusal of unsafe shifts
A good company, coordinators are friendly.
schedule system is really good.

Not enough hours. working hours are not consistent. some times distance between clients are too far.
This company expects you to work insane hours for an unliveable wage. Management will lie to you to try to keep you on staff. They will cancel on you at the last minute but black list you if you have to call in sick.
Pros
Fast paced, changing environment
Cons
Less than minimum wage
Since one is able to set up hid own day, there are some flexibility, handy if you have small children
No guarantees in hours , lonely as you are on the road all day and your only conversations are with people who are unwell and you are the social worker as well ,all day

Never a raise ,unless LHIN increases rate , poor benefits, no job security,no pension, no union , no seniority respect
Management has very little care for you or respect for your work , no work parties , no bonuses
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Long hours if you want to make decent money, lots of work at home
the staff at srt are very good to work with and also they are various programs to improve staff..the pay is great, they have well-managed team and also it a loving place to work
Pros
free gloves
Cons
Able to work in many different departments.
Good learning environment.

Able to work with other nurses and staff.

Flexible work hours
Flexible work schedule
Multiple shifts given in the same area to reduce the travel time and distance. Management staffs always available to answer questions, and to give guidance on new assignments.
Pros
Flexible shifts and free gloves
SRT Med-Staff is a good agency to work for; majority of the staff are pleasant and supportive. Healthcare workers have the ability to create their own schedule. Learning opportunities are endless because the exposure to many different health care facilities are available. The wage of pay is competitive however, there is no wage increases available no matter how long you are with the company. Beyond that the best part is that there is always work for you most of the time and the management staff are very supportive and understanding. I will stay with SRT Med-Staff for a long time.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
No increase in wages no matter how long you work with them.
The pay is good, but I find that most of the work is downtown Toronto. When I signed on last year January, I was allowed to think the company still had contracts for GTA like Trillium and Credit Valley. It's been lots of give and take especially in the Summer when there's not much work to go round. Luckily for me that I'm flexible and will work other areas besides hospital.
Pros
Good pay rates, benefits, and direct pay
Cons
Too few contracts outside of Toronto
I enjoy working with this company, because I get to take time off and have chances to do other things and spend time with my family. This is a good Agency to work for long term.
Overall great people to work with. Gained much needed experience as a new graduate.
Pros
Free Lunches and paid training.
Cons
long hours at times.