S & C Electric Company

S & C Electric Company Management reviews

Featured review
S & C Electric Company selected this as a representative review
S&C's culture is second to none, with a strong emphasis on family and safety. It is a truly great place to work. The salary and benefits are comparative to other places.
Pay is very basic and will be follwed by 25 cents if you get lucky Coworkers are not the best in welding dept. Managers and lead hand are a doble face joke Half uniform provided, shirt only. Shoes are ok as well reading glades and ear protection No advances oportunity unless you know the righ people Employees with seniority have the pan by the handle and colored people cancbe a be a real bully because company is afraid of taking action against them. Must to produce on timely maner because time is set by computer. Every time at lunch, morning shift, the eavy noices from de cnc machine will disturb you when eating. Those bangs are heavy loud. Rules are for everithing and they are some times only for the new, enforced by people with seniority.
Pros
Nice clean bathroom
Cons
Is been said
I worked at this company very very briefly, only one day actually but I learned very quickly how they operate. The pay was great 20 per hr back in November 2015. The interview was with three individuals, and it went well. The offices are like walking into the 1970s potted plants, old furniture kind of like 1978 episode of Three's Company. But what I did not expect was how much information they expected me to learn in such a short time. They do a lot of things very old school, and the guy I was replacing had 9 months to pick up the pace, where I only had two weeks. The guy I was replacing told me that after the Christmas break, the company would expect me too remember what took him 9 months. Very complex, old school, schedules and the actual work schedule was until 2am. The people where okay, but I quit after the first day, as from experience I could tell how this situation was going to go. It was too bad though as the money was good, but it was just not what I wanted at that time, I can handle pressure, but not insanity if you know what I mean. LOL
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Work load, shift, management expectations and attitudes.
Absolutely the best working experience in my lifetime career. Profesional management. Oportunities to learn and acvance. The Company went through constant improvement on many levels during the 23 years I was working there. It's working environment became more family-like. The involvment of workers in Company improvement and growth became not only allowed but encouraged.
Pros
Benefits, profit sharing, pension.
Cons
Short vacation - this changed in last years after I retired.
People are very friendly and extremely helpful, safety is a priority, management is always on time as operations are tight
i worked there briefly, good percs cafeteria, pay rate. Training is very very old school very outdated, and ill managed, to much we do it this way on night shift, but on days they do it another way...we knda put this stuff here, but we kinda put this stuff there depending on ..ahhhhh welll ...ahhhh silly training methods, to be honest, needs complete overhaul. Yeah I had high expectations, but the negative reviews are the truth. , even the lobby reception area is like 1975, potted plants,wooden panelling from your parents basement, and they actually made me wait almost 45 minutes past my initital interview time. As a person who is used to scanner technology very very disappointing to say the least. The hours are brutal until 2 or 3am, and then will expect u back early the next day. Anyways, nothing more to add, hey you will find out for yourself.
Pros
cafeteria, pay rate
Cons
weird hours, very old school no system 1981 training methods. old trucks. ect.
just regular work like any other factory but management understand the needs of employees. I learned so many skills since that place was my first ever factory job. management was in great shape to help all workers to understand what is expected of them. Regular workers training on new products was always available for better learning. Being among such diverse environment of people taught me a lot about how to understand individuals of all culture. I don't think there was ever a day i challenge myself to say that i don't want be there to work. Everyone is like one family....from the upper management to those on the flow working , everyone one's job is respected and that makes the work place enjoyable.
Good place to work. Not much responsibly at any level of employment, so some employees feel they are not contributing enough to the organization.
Pros
Not micromanaged, employees continually recognized for their contribution.
Cons
Low-to-mediocre salary
At the beginning is all no pressure, smiles, and happiness. After few months if you are good at what you do, you will find your machines sabotaged at most of the days from the guys at morning shift. Yo will tell supervisors and they will cover everything. The same guys have extra privileges because they have 15 years there and you don't. Their mistakes at work will be on you if they can blame you, if this is not possible they will scrap the piece and hide. This summer time in two day of extreme heat stress one shift didn't produce any part fully covered by management, but other shift worked until the event of feeling sick at work. The manager in charge have no idea about work procedures. Very nice benefits but is hard working in a place like that. Back stabbers all that you can find and more.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at S & C Electric Company?