S & C Electric Company
S & C Electric Company Employee Review

Overall experience

2 October 2018
I worked at this company very very briefly, only one day actually but I learned very quickly how they operate. The pay was great 20 per hr back in November 2015. The interview was with three individuals, and it went well. The offices are like walking into the 1970s potted plants, old furniture kind of like 1978 episode of Three's Company. But what I did not expect was how much information they expected me to learn in such a short time. They do a lot of things very old school, and the guy I was replacing had 9 months to pick up the pace, where I only had two weeks. The guy I was replacing told me that after the Christmas break, the company would expect me too remember what took him 9 months. Very complex, old school, schedules and the actual work schedule was until 2am. The people where okay, but I quit after the first day, as from experience I could tell how this situation was going to go. It was too bad though as the money was good, but it was just not what I wanted at that time, I can handle pressure, but not insanity if you know what I mean. LOL
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Work load, shift, management expectations and attitudes.
25 June 2020
Marketing Support Specialist (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
People are very nice, great benefits and their business is growing. Turn overrate is very low, so there's limited room for career development for the younger employees. A great place to stay until retire.
Pros
Flexible working hours (depends on the role)
Cons
Lack of public transport access (better to have a car)
20 May 2020
Manager - Infrastructure Services (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
S&C's culture is second to none, with a strong emphasis on family and safety. It is a truly great place to work. The salary and benefits are comparative to other places.
6 May 2020
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
S&C Electric Canada Ltd. is a great place to work. People are always helpful and appreciate initiativeness. Salary is average but it increases based on experience.