S & C Electric Company

S & C Electric Company Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews
Featured review
S & C Electric Company selected this as a representative review
S&C's culture is second to none, with a strong emphasis on family and safety. It is a truly great place to work. The salary and benefits are comparative to other places.
People are very nice, great benefits and their business is growing. Turn overrate is very low, so there's limited room for career development for the younger employees. A great place to stay until retire.
Pros
Flexible working hours (depends on the role)
Cons
Lack of public transport access (better to have a car)
S&C Electric Canada Ltd. is a great place to work. People are always helpful and appreciate initiativeness. Salary is average but it increases based on experience.
S&C is a wonderful place to work. You can work with a lot of key players in the business which help make coming to work a lot easier everyday. The President really care about all of his employees which makes it such a great place to work.
very productive workplace with good and helpful emplyees. very good enviroment. I learned how to become a team leader and how to work in a warehouse setting. the Hardest part of the job was the early hours but other than that it was fairly enjoyable.
Never a dull day. My coworkers welcomed me very warmly and all my bosses were good people. I learned a lot during my time here about business and work ethic.
Pay is very basic and will be follwed by 25 cents if you get lucky Coworkers are not the best in welding dept. Managers and lead hand are a doble face joke Half uniform provided, shirt only. Shoes are ok as well reading glades and ear protection No advances oportunity unless you know the righ people Employees with seniority have the pan by the handle and colored people cancbe a be a real bully because company is afraid of taking action against them. Must to produce on timely maner because time is set by computer. Every time at lunch, morning shift, the eavy noices from de cnc machine will disturb you when eating. Those bangs are heavy loud. Rules are for everithing and they are some times only for the new, enforced by people with seniority.
Pros
Nice clean bathroom
Cons
Is been said
great company, family oriented, and fun place to work at. Learn a lot from them. long hours sometime. Company president know almost all 500 people work there by name. great president!
I worked at this company very very briefly, only one day actually but I learned very quickly how they operate. The pay was great 20 per hr back in November 2015. The interview was with three individuals, and it went well. The offices are like walking into the 1970s potted plants, old furniture kind of like 1978 episode of Three's Company. But what I did not expect was how much information they expected me to learn in such a short time. They do a lot of things very old school, and the guy I was replacing had 9 months to pick up the pace, where I only had two weeks. The guy I was replacing told me that after the Christmas break, the company would expect me too remember what took him 9 months. Very complex, old school, schedules and the actual work schedule was until 2am. The people where okay, but I quit after the first day, as from experience I could tell how this situation was going to go. It was too bad though as the money was good, but it was just not what I wanted at that time, I can handle pressure, but not insanity if you know what I mean. LOL
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Work load, shift, management expectations and attitudes.
• Helping to create work orders, enter sales and purchase orders, track inventory • Filling the closed sales orders and work orders • Learned To use Oracle Software • Trained and worked in their Power Systems Department
Absolutely the best working experience in my lifetime career. Profesional management. Oportunities to learn and acvance. The Company went through constant improvement on many levels during the 23 years I was working there. It's working environment became more family-like. The involvment of workers in Company improvement and growth became not only allowed but encouraged.
Pros
Benefits, profit sharing, pension.
Cons
Short vacation - this changed in last years after I retired.
People are very friendly and extremely helpful, safety is a priority, management is always on time as operations are tight
i worked there briefly, good percs cafeteria, pay rate. Training is very very old school very outdated, and ill managed, to much we do it this way on night shift, but on days they do it another way...we knda put this stuff here, but we kinda put this stuff there depending on ..ahhhhh welll ...ahhhh silly training methods, to be honest, needs complete overhaul. Yeah I had high expectations, but the negative reviews are the truth. , even the lobby reception area is like 1975, potted plants,wooden panelling from your parents basement, and they actually made me wait almost 45 minutes past my initital interview time. As a person who is used to scanner technology very very disappointing to say the least. The hours are brutal until 2 or 3am, and then will expect u back early the next day. Anyways, nothing more to add, hey you will find out for yourself.
Pros
cafeteria, pay rate
Cons
weird hours, very old school no system 1981 training methods. old trucks. ect.
just regular work like any other factory but management understand the needs of employees. I learned so many skills since that place was my first ever factory job. management was in great shape to help all workers to understand what is expected of them. Regular workers training on new products was always available for better learning. Being among such diverse environment of people taught me a lot about how to understand individuals of all culture. I don't think there was ever a day i challenge myself to say that i don't want be there to work. Everyone is like one family....from the upper management to those on the flow working , everyone one's job is respected and that makes the work place enjoyable.
A typical day at S&C is always a run around. I have learned how to communicate with drivers, couriers, shop floor and office personnel. How to corrdinate pick up's and deliveries. Also expediting parts for the company. The hardest part of my job is dealing with what I like to call Union workers. Alot of people employeed by S&C are "old school" and are not willing to change. It is hard to hear someone say that is "not my job" when we all work for the same team. The thing I enjoy most about S&C is how fast the day's go by. I like working in a fast pace enviormnment where I am never bored and the days go quick.
False promeses by leaders, useless persons leading because they have well placed family in the company, Making they own set of rules. Some of those people they will writte positive reviews when they know it is not true. Be aware of those situations and keep looking for a certicated company. They are becoming cheap and benefits are being reduced to generic medications and basic dental. More reductions are on the way. Unfortunatly costumers are finding better and more cost efective products and they are not returning. No support from managment is available when necesary. Frustration due to ineficient work practices and unfair share of responsability.
Pros
Free BBQ once at year. Training provided.safety shoes every year.
Cons
Promeses about money and work conditions are not fullfilled.
its a great company, love the people i work with and will miss them after i leave. bosses are fair co workers are friendly. harest part of the job would be starting at 6am sometimes even 5:30
Pros
free bbq lunch
Cons
long days
- Regular cycle counts to ensure and communicate order delivery status - Daily interaction with shop floor, production control, engineering and operations to address any issues - Correction and/or re-order of any defective raw materials - Expediting internal or external orders as needed - Backup MRP planner during planner vacations and absences - Excellent team of co-workers and shop floor associates - Wonderful cohesive culture with high emphases on respect for each role in the company - Completely lean environment -100% on time delivery record - Incredible quality record
Pros
Excellent learning opportunities all around
Cons
Traffic congestion in Toronto
Good place to work. Not much responsibly at any level of employment, so some employees feel they are not contributing enough to the organization.
Pros
Not micromanaged, employees continually recognized for their contribution.
Cons
Low-to-mediocre salary
I was just a summer student. My responsibility was to help productivity of the factory. Many employees went on vacation and the company hired students to cover those positions. I did not have just one job, I moved around the factory. I learned many different positions and responsibilities. My main responsibility however was building SMD fuses. The person I worked with taught me how to work efficiently. "Work smart, not hard." We had to complete several fuses by the end of each week and we never missed a deadline. Coworkers were all full of stories and really helpful.
Pros
Fun working environment, Company BBQ
At the beginning is all no pressure, smiles, and happiness. After few months if you are good at what you do, you will find your machines sabotaged at most of the days from the guys at morning shift. Yo will tell supervisors and they will cover everything. The same guys have extra privileges because they have 15 years there and you don't. Their mistakes at work will be on you if they can blame you, if this is not possible they will scrap the piece and hide. This summer time in two day of extreme heat stress one shift didn't produce any part fully covered by management, but other shift worked until the event of feeling sick at work. The manager in charge have no idea about work procedures. Very nice benefits but is hard working in a place like that. Back stabbers all that you can find and more.