S&S Transport

S&S Transport Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work

Job interview was just a phone call with a few simple Questions such as whether or not you can do heavy lifting, handle dirty wet environments, as well as in regards handling seeing birds in less than desirable states. Not a job for those with a weak stomach.

Pros

Wages

Cons

Dirty, painful, frequent injuries, no benefits, hot smelly enviroment

I enjoyed working with the team at S and S Transport.

S and S Transport has a great owner/employer, who manages the team very well. I enjoyed my position with the company. I was given a very responsible position and I was treated with great respect.

quick temporary income

Not a good job. Wages are okay but the hours you get it becomes less than average earnings. Nobody here is business oriented. Its farm industry work killing turkeys all day every day. If you are versed in gum boots and pickup trucks. Doctors are doctors. Drivers are drivers. Farmers are farmers. Businessmen are... You get it. Expect to be treated as cattle because its farmers trying to run things.

Avoid...you will regret

Filthy disgusting work. No management present and manager tries to get you to do his job for him. Coworkers don't care and come in late. Leaving you to do the jobs of them and you. Manager will call with list of things to do. Say ok and hang up because he doesn't realize you dont6have time to yap on the ohone all day gossiping. Gossiping is about all the place does well

Work was ok but management sucks!

Don't recommnd any1 here unless you are desperate for work they have hard time keeping drivers. Pay good wage but people don't stay for long either they leave or get fired Management sucks! They would have better luck keeping drivers if they learn to treat them good because everything isn't about money. At times witnessed workplace harassment of yelling, swearing f words

Enjoyed my time there

They took a chance on me, they had no problem with me being an amputee. Between co-workers & crews on jobsites, always had plenty of assistance. I would still be thier if it wasnt for health reasons. Overall, it was a great experiance.

great place to work

lots of travel opportunities, great way to meet lots of new people and travel all over bc and sometimes to Alberta, lots of good people to work with at the company

Pros

travel

don't wast your time

the only good thing about this company was short hours but poor wage and very unorganized with very poor management and they wonder why they cant keep drivers. i highly recommend not driving for this company they will F you over at some point i seen it done to a few people including myself

Good company to work for and gained alot of experience with live haul.

A typical day would usually start around 5-7pm and work anywhere from midnight till 3am or so depending on the work load. Amazing how quick the trailers get filled with live stock. Fast paced!! If you ever get a chance to work for S&S......do not hesitate especially if you like good pay and a company that cares a great deal for thier employee's. Owner of S&S Transport is one of the best employers I've ever worked for.

Pros

Good equipment, great pay, awesome company and steady work.

Cons

Stinky and can be pretty muddy at some farms.

Fast pace, clean, safe

Great company to work for. They like to make sure safety is a key component to there employees and also like to make sure their equipment is always up to date.

Pros

Good pay, understanding

Cons

Long dirty work

Jobs at S&S Transport

See more jobs

Quiet yet enjoyable

Arrive at 9am, finish at 3pm. I learned a lot about the transportation industry and how to obtain permits for oversize loads, as well as payroll, and government remittance. The management was "skeleton" as I worked unsupervised majority of the time. I basically had to train myself on many of the tasks I provided. That was the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable was my co workers. They were very friendly and made my day complete.

Pros

Benefits and lunches, great Christmas Party too :)

Cons

Lack of proper training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at S&S Transport. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement