S&P Global

• Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Great Work Culture

Ample opportunities for growth. Good Management. Workplace culture is good. Should invest in people a bit more by providing funds for certifications..

Fun

Fun environment & beautiful girls; it was always fun with those beautiful girls. Clean office, good view, nice location, great gyms nearby; very comfortable location

You could do a lot worse... but also a lot better

For data and research work it's pretty hard to beat. Schedule is often what you make of it and highly flexible. I've been with the company for five years and rarely feel locked in if I need to make appointments in the daytime. Work from home or in the office, that kind of flexibility is hard to beat. On the other hand the pay borders on a disgrace. I was hired in 2014 as a professional, and offered an annual salary of $40k. It would have been laughable if I wasn't desperate for work at the time. Five years later I've advanced a bit and the pay has certainly improved but it's still well under market averages. The company offsets the low cash pay with a good benefits package and the promise of annual performance bonuses. This last item however is never remotely close to the target that was promised and the company finds new ways to slash bonuses every year. Except to senior management of course. Then there's the fact that it is a large, international company. As such, the internal communications are filled with spam and meeting invitations that you probably won't care about. The company wastes a lot of time in meetings. Plus there is a lot of staff in "low-cost" data centres on the other side of the globe. Those offices are filled with lots of great people who excel at their jobs, and there's also lots of worthless people causing problems over there too. If you need to communicate with those offices it can be challenging as some don't have the best abilities with the english language. Toronto office has absolutely terrible coffee. It's free but if you can afford coffee, -

Pros

Flexible working hours / locations, good benefits

Cons

Low pay, bloated corporate culture, patronizing management

good work environment, good people,

I was an out bound costumer service agent. I called people that had gotten rid of their Rogers products in the past 5 years and tried to get them to come back to the company. I was selling home phone, internet and cable and at discount price so it would be more enticing. the hardest part of the job was just getting people to talk to you. if you could get two minutes passed your opening you still only had a 15-20% chance to make the sale. you can usually tell who will buy what depending on their age, tone and enthusiasm my favorite part of the job was just interacting with people all day. I felt like when I sold them something they needed or on the off chance I got a costumer that was looking to perches new products anyway I felt like I was helping them out because they got the same services but for cheaper.

Pros

good co-workers, trained well, had the support I needed

Cons

they did this thing where if to many people called in sick that week and we were behind on hours, they would take away our saterday day off. make the whole floor come in.

Pressure to work beyond 40 hrs a week

Management and superiors received more pressure with the take over and publishing going more digital. Managers slowly placed pressure on all senior sales members and caused many stress leaves. Over time, they hired out of school students who would take almost a half the salary of the senior territory reps.

Pros

Salary, great benefits, Entrepreneurial, car lease and free gas

Cons

Manager expected you to be always on call

Good atmosphere. Great people and amazing location

Energetic and focused people always working on product improvement. Positive and supportive as well as encouraging. Great place to start a career in the learning science industry.

Productive and flexible workplace

Working at McGraw Hill Ryerson has been a blessing. The location is above par. Located currently on the Whitby waterfront it is an ideal location to zip out during lunch for a quick walk to clear the mind. The people that work here are amazing. The different roles I've had over the years have been challenging and rewarding. Its a place I feel lucky to be part of.

Productive Work Place

Long hours. Reputable. Good benefits. Competitive salary. Low job security. Constantly changing management. All in all, do recomment working here.

Pros

Good Company

Cons

Long Hours

You work with very smart people on challenging projects

Cool open concept office in downtown Toronto. Fast paced environment, very smart people, opportunity to work with new technologies. Competitive compensation.

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

Workload

Analytics

S&P is a great place to build analytical skills. You get the opportunity to interact with senior management of major companies and investors and media.

I learned a lot throughout the years. My colleagues were all wonderful and we learned from each other. It was like a second family to me.

Pros

flex hours

Great work inviroment

Working for Mcgraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. is like working with a tight knit family. we all get along quirks and all. Over 23 years I have learned Order Picking,Picking and Packing Postal Machine, Receiving, dispatching, inventory Cycle counts, Receiving, Returns clerk and shrinkwrapping plus computers

Pros

Company Functions

Cons

be afraid ... be very afraid

I am still traumatized by working there.Poor training, micro-managing, non-existent work life balance.Clique-y, back-stabbing, never felt secure in my position despite being 10% over target. If the regional manager was havinga bad day, then you can bet you're gonna have a bad day too!If you are a size 0, vegan single woman with no life outside of your job then you'll be very happy there.Otherwise run far, run fast.

Pros

salary, benefits

Cons

micro-managing, unrealistic expectations, no work/life balance

Might be a good place to work if one doesn't have to commute.

I was hired to full a position that had been vacant for more than six months. It was a highly stressful position with much to do and little turn around time on projects. Unfortunately, there seemed to be some conflict between my managers expectations and those of management, the latter of which informed my contract and my decision to take on the job in the first place. Given that this was a commuting job, I was told by management that I would have at least two work-from-home days per week and that I could meet directly with authors -- whatever it took to ready key final draft manuscripts. Within a few weeks, it was clear that my immediate manager was not in agreement with this arrangement, and I was forced to commute daily, After spending upwards of 40 hours commuting weekly for an already stressful job, I determined this was not the job for me.

Pros

learning seminars.

Cons

commuting. rather unfriendly, highly stressed employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at S&P Global. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement