S&P Global

S&P Global Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
Fun environment & beautiful girls; it was always fun with those beautiful girls. Clean office, good view, nice location, great gyms nearby; very comfortable location
I was an out bound costumer service agent. I called people that had gotten rid of their Rogers products in the past 5 years and tried to get them to come back to the company. I was selling home phone, internet and cable and at discount price so it would be more enticing.

the hardest part of the job was just getting people to talk to you. if you could get two minutes passed your opening you still only had a 15-20% chance to make the sale. you can usually tell who will buy what depending on their age, tone and enthusiasm

my favorite part of the job was just interacting with people all day. I felt like when I sold them something they needed or on the off chance I got a costumer that was looking to perches new products anyway I felt like I was helping them out because they got the same services but for cheaper.
Pros
good co-workers, trained well, had the support I needed
Cons
they did this thing where if to many people called in sick that week and we were behind on hours, they would take away our saterday day off. make the whole floor come in.
Management and superiors received more pressure with the take over and publishing going more digital. Managers slowly placed pressure on all senior sales members and caused many stress leaves. Over time, they hired out of school students who would take almost a half the salary of the senior territory reps.
Pros
Salary, great benefits, Entrepreneurial, car lease and free gas
Cons
Manager expected you to be always on call
Energetic and focused people always working on product improvement. Positive and supportive as well as encouraging. Great place to start a career in the learning science industry.
Working at McGraw Hill Ryerson has been a blessing. The location is above par. Located currently on the Whitby waterfront it is an ideal location to zip out during lunch for a quick walk to clear the mind. The people that work here are amazing. The different roles I've had over the years have been challenging and rewarding. Its a place I feel lucky to be part of.
I learned a lot throughout the years. My colleagues were all wonderful and we learned from each other. It was like a second family to me.
Pros
flex hours
Working for Mcgraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd.
is like working with a tight knit family. we all get along quirks and all.

Over 23 years I have learned Order Picking,Picking and Packing

Postal Machine, Receiving, dispatching, inventory Cycle counts,

Receiving, Returns clerk and shrinkwrapping plus computers
Pros
Company Functions
Cons
I am still traumatized by working there.

Poor training, micro-managing, non-existent work life balance.

Clique-y, back-stabbing, never felt secure in my position despite being 10% over target. If the regional manager was havinga bad day, then you can bet you're gonna have a bad day too!

If you are a size 0, vegan single woman with no life outside of your job then you'll be very happy there.

Otherwise run far, run fast.
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
micro-managing, unrealistic expectations, no work/life balance
I was hired to full a position that had been vacant for more than six months. It was a highly stressful position with much to do and little turn around time on projects. Unfortunately, there seemed to be some conflict between my managers expectations and those of management, the latter of which informed my contract and my decision to take on the job in the first place. Given that this was a commuting job, I was told by management that I would have at least two work-from-home days per week and that I could meet directly with authors -- whatever it took to ready key final draft manuscripts. Within a few weeks, it was clear that my immediate manager was not in agreement with this arrangement, and I was forced to commute daily, After spending upwards of 40 hours commuting weekly for an already stressful job, I determined this was not the job for me.
Pros
learning seminars.
Cons
commuting. rather unfriendly, highly stressed employees.