S&P Data

S&P Data Employee Reviews for Retention Specialist

Retention Specialist50 reviews
Canada50 reviews

Found 50 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,149 reviews

Steady hour great managers or Team Leaders, I should say.

Great managers and incentive to do well for potential real bonuses at months end. The hours are guaranteed and everyone was very helpful and understanding in my experience. There's definite potential for advancement and growth in the company.

call centre blues

I briefly worked for S &P Data from home during the pandemic. I was working for an American company and the clients were very angry about their services. I had to try and sell the customers new products and services, when they really were just generally calling to complain and were not satisfied with their service provider at all. It was very hard having to be on the receiving end day after day of very angry customers. I don't think it is good for anyone's mental health. The training was really bad and we started taking calls way too early, only to frusterate the customers more. I'm not even sure why we are helping American customers like this from Canada. I think they must have powerful lobbies and our govt accepts this as "work". But it is really demeaning.

Insights into S&P Data

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Horrible place to work

What a horrible place to work. The hire managers and horrible, the management is horrible. If you want to remain sane, please don't go there. Idiot management

Good for independent workers

It’s only hard because of the fast paced environment and waiting for managerial approval to complete the work you need to do. Then they get mad because of long calls because your waiting for their approval.

Terrible workplace

They do not value employees. Employees are just a means to an end. I did not realise how much working for this company affected my mental health until I was laid off. They don't have any policy that protects their employees from abusive customers. They expect more from you with very little support. Working here is all about survival of the fittest. It is a battle ground where everyone seeks to protect his/her interest at all cost

Pros

Cons

It's a remote job

If you value your mental health, this is not the place for you.

Run. You’re lucky if you get a good tl. Otherwise. Run. It’s not worth your mental health and sanity. TL’s and SME’s complain about the job so much, no one wants to advance

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Horrible upper management

The worst place to work

I am happy I left the place and I am enjoying my new place of work. S&P data is the worst place anyone can work. Run for your mental health. Don't work there. You will blame yourself after 3 days of working. All they care about is Positive survey when they have a garbage service to their customer. You will be working for Sprint/Tmobile. It is a terrible work. They don't appreciate hard work. Once you have a negative survey you are pull off a call and questioned all the time. Supervisor are Terrible except some few ones. Their work process is the worst I have ever seen.If you apply for a job there, don't attempt to start. We were 18 that did training, 12 of us made it to Learning Bay and by the time I am leaving only 2 people remain and I am sure they must have left by now.

Pros

Bonus for selling lines and phones

Cons

It will mess your mental health up

avoid company!

This job mentally is draining no matter what position you're in the saving grace was that I didn't have to see these people (supervisor, OM). The most important thing on the job is your survey score and trust me they don't care how you get the positive results just as long as it's positive. Even when doing well there are always threats about losing your job or how the client will not like this or that it keeps a thought in your mind that you can lose your job any day which isn't healthy at all. I don't recommend working here to anyone unless you need to work from home and all other jobs are in the office. Furthermore, as a telecommunications job the prices aren't comparable to industry wages.

Pros

work from home

Cons

everything else

Not productive

Supervisor are not co operative and pay also not giving properly, training which had given some whack but still they have to provide the training by scenario wise

20 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize for this experience and want you to know that our managers and human resources are always here to listen and find solutions with you. We would love to hear more from you so please feel free to confidentially message us at feedback@spdatallc.com.

Numbers-focused

S&P works for other companies, they essentially outsource the manpower. The struggle isn't within the company per se, its the rigidity of the policies that is the issue. There was for instance a 'death policy' that was not negotiable or flexible, frankly disgusting but sales is sales I suppose. Would not recommend for people persons, it's all about call duration and not about providing 'good' service.

Cons

Rigid policies and no room for real empathy

20 September 2021

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at S&P Data?

Run

This is the worst company that you could work for. They don’t even care about you one bit and they have very rude and obnoxious team leaders, run for your freaking life

20 September 2021

Sadly the worst experience ever

In my professional opinion this was the worst experience.. The class level was great the teacher was great.. once in nesting they have rude teachers 4 people quit in one day, fiercely ubderstaffed and diversity but onky for “their” people .. no benefits .. no joy.. no fun for anyone who doesnt want to be treated like a child by rude people

Pros

Being home

Cons

Rude teachers degrading staff understaffed

Stay away

Pathetic management. Guys if you work for your pay stay away from this. I worked really hard to get my incentives and they keep on expanding the training time. ( You work same as you work in production) it is just their own way. Even after working hard and being on time i started getting pay errors from my second pay itself. I keep on aproaching my TL, HR manager but never ever this issues were resolved.At last I resigned due to this issues. And guess what even after sending the resignation they never felt to solve my pay difference. Instead i started getting calls from my TL not to resign, as i was doing good. But you can see the results. Here I am, left the organization as i felt they don't care who you are.Afterall we all work for money.

Pros

Cons

Worst management( I wish I could give zero rating)

Good Company

Flexible hours ,work from home. Calls can be very challenging , overall friendly teams and TL , wish resolution to concerns were organized a bit better.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Short breaks

20 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to see that our vision matches your long term goals! We would love to hear more from you so please feel free to confidentially message us at feedback@spdatallc.com.

Spectacular work Environment

Very Fast Paced, Strict Safety Rules, I love how Flexible they are with schedules and Take consideration to opinions. Great place to start your career and grow if you have the ability to prove your skills.

21 September 2021

Great workplace to start career

You get to meet, talk and connect with so many people and gather knowledge. Pay is good and also they give bonuses/commissions based on the performance.

21 September 2021

Opportunity to work from home

Great help during this pandemic time. They provided equipments and all accesses to work from home. Recruiting process and results are fast. People are friendly.

Pros

Work from home opportunity

Great work place 😊

If you are comfortable with customer service, then this work place would be a great fit. I learned alot of things like how to keep patience and be polite in every situation. If you have any questions or difficulty there is a support group who is 24*7 available to guide you.

Worse place to work

I had the experience of working for this company first the training was good until job started and i got to experience the most unmanaged poor system unhelpful tech agents and unsupportive environment i ever experienced never again stay away from this company if you value your dignity.

21 September 2021

Left to fend for yourself

I liked working at s&P data at first. They seem to have a lot of support and the rest of the staff are friendly enough. What I didn't like is during a part of the training period when we were supposed to have a lot of support for questions that customers had that we didn't know how to answer sometimes we would be waiting over 30 minutes to receive a response. There are also things that you cannot do without approval, sometimes very simple things like providing an account number there is a long list of things you have to go through before you can provide such simple information. Sometimes these two would take a very long time to get approval. They do have coaching, but you cannot depend on what your metrics are like or the client taking your coaching sessions into consideration. I was told that I was doing very well during my coaching session and then I was fired the next day. When I asked why, they said the client didn't like one of my calls and they didn't say why. Work there at your own risk, but do not fool yourself into thinking you have any sort of job security.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

No job security, ridiculous expectations

Place for growth

There is unlimited opportunity for growth if willing to put in the effort. Good culture, easy to work with people. Support is provided if requested. Bonus on salary

21 September 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at S&P Data. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement