S&P Data
Happiness score is 43 out of 100

S&P Data Employee Reviews in Trenton, ON

Trenton, ON100 reviews

Found 100 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,149 reviews

It is a job that trains you to accept that life was better at your former emploment

They have some really nice employees in management but some others are definitely robots. The HR person A.W is very cold. Lost a child and this lady read and ignored my messages. Chatted me up later and left me hanging when I asked for time-off

It was ok

Too many people taking themselves too seriously for what they are doing.some contracts were better than others. I worked for one, and it was amazing until they canceled it. After starting on the new contract everything went out the window. it got sleazy, cold calling British Columbia selling home phones to people who were dealing with evacuating their homes.... like how hard would it have been to show some basic human decency and take that area off of the dialer. That and more made it a gross place to work.

Pros

Some OK people

Cons

Sleazy

Insights into S&P Data

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Long hours and your pay is never what you expected

Very mean work place. Toxic! Quite sketchy when it comes to paying what is owed to the employees and always ready with an answer why you got paid less and made less for bonuses than you expected. Management does not care that you have life or family outside of there

Pros

It’s a job

Cons

You are just a number on a contract

Great employer

My team is very collaborative and cooperative - I am well managed and feel that the management know and understand my job and support me when I need it.The culture is professional but very friendly and I feel that in my job I actually make a difference.

Pros

Collaborative team, energetic professional environment.

Cons

None that I can think of

Mostly a great place to work.

I had a problem with a policy that gave me anxiety but this was more a personal issue. Mostly they set you up for success and give plenty of training, some of the best training I’ve had. There’s no real AHT either but metrics are still hugely important.

Pros

Wfh

20 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to see that our vision matches your long term goals! We would love to hear more from you so please feel free to confidentially message us at feedback@spdatallc.com.

Shady Practices And Favouritsm

Was coached to sell shady and then when you are caught doing what they told you to do they tell you that they didn’t teach you to do it that way. Felt like I was selling a piece of my soul working there. Also rules don’t apply if you can make sales happen. Truly burned me out working there I would only recommend if desperate for work and to leave as soon as possible.

20 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize for this experience and want you to know that our managers and human resources are always here to listen and find solutions with you. We would love to hear more from you so please feel free to confidentially message us at feedback@spdatallc.com.

Not my best experience and wouldn't recommed as an employer

I specifically told recruiter the department I didn't want to work in and that is where I was put. Told I would only have 2 weeks on site training (1.5 hr drive twice a day) but they kept extending it. Seemed like some of the Team Leaders picked the people they gave more support to and recommended for advancement. Independent thinking is definitely not encouraged, Who can work in such conditions? Even though I met some very nice people it wasn't enough to continue to put up with the hounding and power trippers on a daily basis.

Pros

I met some very nice people

Cons

Constant hounding and harassment, constant shifts changes are used as punishments for not meeting quotas expectations .

Card activation specialist

High performance based company that helps everyone to succecced their goals .great place to work. They motivate and provide guidance every time how to improve performance

Good and fun workplace

My first job in Canada. I had a wonderful experience working with fun loving team members. My supervisor was extremely supportive, encouraging & cooperative. I thoroughly enjoyed my working hours there. It's a great place to work and they support the newcomers in Canada as well, which makes the company extraordinary.

Pros

People are amazing

21 September 2021

Productive processes and best place for networking

I had a very good exposure to Customer service. I had to experience new challenges every day , however, was able to resolve customer needs and issues effectively and learnt how to handle stress with ease.

Excellent work Environment

Very Fast Paced, Strict Safety Rules, I love how Flexible they are with schedules and Take consideration to opinions. Great place to start your career and grow if you have the ability to prove your skills.

Pros

Good people

Helpful Team Leaders and Management

The Team Leaders make sure that all the work is and intervein whenever required to provide full support. I got so much help when I started to work from home.

Pros

Good people

Commissions besides base pay

This is was amazing that I used to get a good amount of commission in addition to the base pay. I used to do my monthly grocery with the commissions I used to get.

21 September 2021

Left to fend for yourself

I liked working at s&P data at first. They seem to have a lot of support and the rest of the staff are friendly enough. What I didn't like is during a part of the training period when we were supposed to have a lot of support for questions that customers had that we didn't know how to answer sometimes we would be waiting over 30 minutes to receive a response. There are also things that you cannot do without approval, sometimes very simple things like providing an account number there is a long list of things you have to go through before you can provide such simple information. Sometimes these two would take a very long time to get approval. They do have coaching, but you cannot depend on what your metrics are like or the client taking your coaching sessions into consideration. I was told that I was doing very well during my coaching session and then I was fired the next day. When I asked why, they said the client didn't like one of my calls and they didn't say why. Work there at your own risk, but do not fool yourself into thinking you have any sort of job security.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

No job security, ridiculous expectations

Stressful

System issues on their end you got blamed for. Team Leads would shame you or on power trips. No support or help. Left to sink or swim. Payroll issues. HR and Operations Manager are cold.

Pros

Cons

Stressful, chaotic, disorganized

21 September 2021

Probably not a career choice

Either non stop calls for months, or certain days with hours between calls, limited possibilities to call customers back - not easy to obtain certain personal information, training could be better. Coworkers, for once, 99% are great!

Pros

Work from home during C-19 available

Cons

8.45 hr days + travel time, not much home time as a reault

21 September 2021

Starting a career or winding down from one?

It's a call centre. Plain and simple. Great place to start a career or to wind down from one. Very inclusive culture. People of all races, religions, etc. You'll work with people at the beginning of their career all the way to people at the end of their career.

Public Review

I have been at S&P Data now for a total of just over 5yrs. The work environment is friendly and co-workers have been supportive when needed. It's like any workplace, come to work, put in your best effort and don't take advantage of privelages and you will be just fine.

Not paid enough

I enjoy working from home. The atmosphere on site is a lot more negative so being at home alleviates stress. I feel like we dont make the amount of money we deserve. Its extremely taxing work, mentally. When we were receiving the covid premium for working from home at $17.50 an hour i felt much more fulfilled and accomplished after a day of work because it felt worth it. It does not feel worth it when working for a lesser amount considering its such high stress.

No Typical Day

There is no typical day at work - especially in the last few months - the new normal has created a dynamic workplace where we've been learning a new way of doing things (sometimes a few new ways of doing things) but management and other workplace connections (a global S&P community, really) have all been with us all the way.

I had an excellent experience here and would even consider going back. I like the people and I like the ever changing business strategy. I learned more from working here than any other place but i had to be a team player. They celebrate holidays and even have events.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at S&P Data. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement