S&P Data

Toronto, ON239 reviews

Found 239 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,149 reviews
databonuscampaignsaleagentleadercommissionincentive

It's meh

This is an easy job where you can work from home, but it's very unrewarding and boring. Pay is about minimum wage, you'll be talking a lot, and always remember that you have this job to pay the bills, not to make an actual career out of it.

P.O.S. Company

Terrible. They tell you you're in sales, 2 days later, your a CSR, with no say.The management team is slime.Your trainer is great.But the rest of them, are slime. DO NOT APPLY. GARBAGE.

Cons

Lying mf's.

Insights into S&P Data

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Neutral leaning good

Love working from home, love being able to make bonus, got to know team members and between the team there is encouragement. Lots of research and multitasking skills required for this role. Management can be condescending and unrealistic when it comes to meeting metrics when there is a lot of factors that can effect your stats that would be out of your control. Like any job there is good and bad days but as retention, you're signing up always get the worst situations.

It sucks

Take their money for training and then quit. They don’t care for their employees. Nothing more to tell you just don’t waste your time. It’s definitely not a real career choice, just something if you’re insanely desperate and even then it’s still not a good option.

Extremely stressful with minimal training

You would be thrown to the wolves with just a week of training. You cannot help the customers even if you want to, the management is not helpful at all. Almost everyone who joined with me quit within a month

Pros

Can’t think of any

call centre blues

I briefly worked for S &P Data from home during the pandemic. I was working for an American company and the clients were very angry about their services. I had to try and sell the customers new products and services, when they really were just generally calling to complain and were not satisfied with their service provider at all. It was very hard having to be on the receiving end day after day of very angry customers. I don't think it is good for anyone's mental health. The training was really bad and we started taking calls way too early, only to frusterate the customers more. I'm not even sure why we are helping American customers like this from Canada. I think they must have powerful lobbies and our govt accepts this as "work". But it is really demeaning.

The most disorganized workplace I've ever experienced

If it was possible to give 0 scores, I would have. S&P was the most disorganized place I have ever worked (e.g. they'll hire support staff then demote them because they've hired too many). Management does not support its agents on any level. They don't even know what to do when a fire alarm goes off in the middle of a shift. It's common for the higher ups to use intimidation tactics to force staff to agree to things that contradict Ontario employment law.Love yourself and simply click past any S&P Data postings. Save yourself any frustration, anxiety or stress.

Pros

Amazing coworkers (agents) who are supportive

Cons

Disorganized management culture; favouritism

Avoid at all costs it’s not worth the headache

One of the worst and inhumane company in Canada, if you can’t find anything just work there for a while until you find something else. It’s not worth it.

Pros

Free headaches and get cursed at by customers 24/7

Cons

Unorganized management, bad hours, false promises, low pay, HR doesn’t care at all

Energetic and productive environment with a good work life balance

SP data digital is a great company to work with fine work life balance. The company provides ample growth opportunities with very well inclusion and cultural balance. The management is thoughtful and encouraging. There are targets to meet which brings out the best of you. The team as a whole is very fun to work with and you are engaged in many team building activities.

Productive and collaborative team!

I absolutely love the team atmosphere in the company. I also like that I have a voice and I always feel heard. When I have concerns, I don't feel hesitant at all to approach my supervisor. Not only do they listen but they also take action.

No review needed, avoid at all costs

Avoid at all costs. This place is so bad that I wouldn't even let my grandma work here. Absolutely terrible, would not recommend to anyone if you care about your life

It is ok

Provides the equipments, good team leaders, relaxed work environment.Pays fairly and good bonus structure.You can earn a lot in bonuses if you work hard enough.

Stay Away

I have nothing good to say about this company. Training wasn’t sufficient they don’t teach you anything you actually should no to assist customers on calls. They heavily micro manage. You can’t step away for a minute, even just to use the washroom, unless it’s within your break time. If you do you will get a message from your TL telling you to get back on calls. Everything has an allocated time. It is like we are not human. They tell you to put customers on hold for only 2mins if you go slightly above the 2mins you will get a message telling you to go back on calls. All they care about is taking calls. There is absolutely no floor support. If you’re not sure how to help a customer there is no management EVER available to assist you. This company is severely disorganized. They give you an old 2005 desktop computer with a huge hard drive, which they tell you, you have to pick up at the office yourself and travel with back home to use for taking calls. If you desperately need money try it, if not I strongly encourage you to find elsewhere to work.

Stressful and repetitive.

Pretty face-paced work with little help from management. Training was decent but you’re on your once you’re live and there’s almost no time between interactions. Do not recommend.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Unhealthy work environment

Alright place to work

This was an ok place to work. Glad I got the opportunity to work here as I gained valuable experience. You will have no difficulties once you understand your tasks and follow the work culture and protocols.

avoid company!

This job mentally is draining no matter what position you're in the saving grace was that I didn't have to see these people (supervisor, OM). The most important thing on the job is your survey score and trust me they don't care how you get the positive results just as long as it's positive. Even when doing well there are always threats about losing your job or how the client will not like this or that it keeps a thought in your mind that you can lose your job any day which isn't healthy at all. I don't recommend working here to anyone unless you need to work from home and all other jobs are in the office. Furthermore, as a telecommunications job the prices aren't comparable to industry wages.

Pros

work from home

Cons

everything else

okay place

what you got training on is not wht you do on the phones. Team leads will call you and log you off if you are 30seconds to 1 min late from break. if you are not logged in 10 mins before shift you are late. Team lead always has bad to say about your calls, even tho job is done and customers are happy

Pros

work from home

Cons

everything else

Worst place to work at. I pity on the S and P clients.

No benefits, Worst salary to start with. They don't even pay for the 15 mins. meetings. Worst HR. No management at all. You are not introduced to any HR people.

Pros

If you don't have any job, take it for few weeks and fly for another job.

Cons

Not paid well, They cut from your hours worked, They kick you out while you are working on your sales.

Good place to start your career. The operations team is very good.. supportive and help anytime you want it.

Good place to work. People are friendly and helpful. Good work ethics.. ample support provided during training. If u perform your job you will be appreciated.

Pros

Helpful supervisor and collabrative working

Cons

Salary

20 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to see that our vision matches your long term goals! We would love to hear more from you so please feel free to confidentially message us at feedback@spdatallc.com.

Worst Job I ever had.

The trainer was fine. Liked him. But QA was questionable. Tech issues were regular. Frustrating. Spent more time dealing with tech issues than actually being able to do my job. The fact that I was not PAID for the issue is rude. Was told NO SUNDAYS when hired, only to learn I would have to work ALL holidays and SUNDAYS... take it or leave it attitude.

Pros

Met new people

Cons

Not honest

20 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize for this experience and want you to know that our managers and human resources are always here to listen and find solutions with you. We would love to hear more from you so please feel free to confidentially message us at feedback@spdatallc.com.

satisfactory work place

- long hours with extremely short breaks, when you're even a minute over your break the TL's (supervisors) call you every time - very low pay- fixed schedules that change weekly and you only receive your schedule weekly... making it hard to plan your life outside of work for anything, also strict rules around switching around shifts

Pros

full time hours, remote

Cons

long hours, short breaks, low pay, no flexibility with scheduling, stressful calls, unexpected expectations from tl's/management

20 September 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at S&P Data. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement