S&P Data

St. John's, NL69 reviews

Found 69 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,149 reviews
databonuscampaignsaleagentleadercommissionincentive

Fine if you’re desperate

Very poor workplace culture. Constant management infighting with no direction. HR is hard to speak too. Will try to cast blame elsewhere. Interviewer made lots of promises they couldn’t keep

Horrible experience.

The management doesn’t care and you’re not properly trained to start off. You go into it with so much stress and no time to step away and have a moment for yourself. It’s all together a bad experience working there.

Insights into S&P Data

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

S&p

Office in of itself was good, the higher ups for the campaign were very rude, all they care about is the static’s of the company and not you as a individual. Threatening your job every chance they have. They Do Not offer any sort of accommodations, overall my personal team leads were great, but everything else was not worth the stress they applied to you, this job was mentally exhausting and they will bully and humiliate you. Helping customers was amazing, even when you would get angry and rude customers, it was easy to handle, but the people above management, they are what made me quit.

Horrible place to work

What a horrible place to work. The hire managers and horrible, the management is horrible. If you want to remain sane, please don't go there. Idiot management

Good for independent workers

It’s only hard because of the fast paced environment and waiting for managerial approval to complete the work you need to do. Then they get mad because of long calls because your waiting for their approval.

Over promised under delivered

Bad management (some were alright), long hours and no bonuses were given to those that earned them. Floor managers would leave is hanging as we were trying to help customers. Not exactly a great and nurturing environment. Only allowed 5 minutes per day to go to the bathroom!

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Too many to list

Customer service representative

They don't properly train you for the job and you do not have the support from management to properly do your job.You are constantly put down when trying to do your job and you have to wait long periods of time to get approval for anything and managa holds it against you.You do not have any support from management when dealing with customers who curse at you while trying to help them.If management don't want you there they do everything possible to force you to quit and you constantly work knowing you can be fired at any time.Also you are constantly scheduled to work before and after public transit is not operating.You are expected to be cursed at by customers.

Pros

Full time

Cons

Poor management and work environment

20 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize for this experience and want you to know that our managers and human resources are always here to listen and find solutions with you. We would love to hear more from you so please feel free to confidentially message us at feedback@spdatallc.com.

Meh

It was okay, difficult at the start as all the customers are angry, but a decent Summer Job. Aside from the angry customers it ain't bad, and when I left they were making solid improvements to the management style. It can be cool as some customers are a joy to talk too, and I know one girl who met their partner over the phone, as an aside this is shunned upon, but worth detailing.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Illogical Customers

20 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback! We would love to hear more from you so please feel free to confidentially message us at feedback@spdatallc.com.

Nice people

I went through the training and i loved the people i trained with.Unfortunately the training program was awful. They throw people to the wolves ready or not. i was so disappointed because i truly wanted to continue working with S&P. (i resigned)I wish this company nothing but the best but please do a better job training your employees. I guarantee if you train better the turn over will be much better.

Pros

nice people

Cons

everything else

Productive fun workplace

S&P are a well oiled machine there is so much to learn from them and the coworkers. Working here has taught me many things and will teach me many more. The staff are very friendly and understanding. The life skills that I have learned are now getting more techniques on how to use them.

Pros

There is always someone willing to help you

Cons

N/a

21 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to see that our vision matches your long term goals! We would love to hear more from you so please feel free to confidentially message us at feedback@spdatallc.com.

Toxic

Management suck. Company is losing contracts and employees as fast as they can, I think it's a game to them. Lots of nastiness all around. DO NOT WORK HERE.

Pros

Cons

Everything about it

Does your heart beat?

S&P Data will hire anyone. You will get some very basic training. Not near enough. There is no point in training you too much you won’t last 6 weeks. That’s not S&P s fault. Most people can’t take getting screamed at by angry people. You are held to a high NPS that you can do little to control. The 5 star posts are decoys to keep the funnel full.

Pros

If your tough, extremely experienced and can do it all on your own you can make money.

Cons

It is all up to you. Even if your great, NPS scores can get you fired. Customer revenge for someone else’s mistake can hurt you.

Avoid if you can

I honestly don't know where to start. I worked there for a few months. I never met anyone who had many good things to say. SNP will lie to get you through the door. I've talked to various other people who work there and no one has ever gotten a raise after 6 months, a year, etc. One guy said they promise additional $5an hour on top of overtime but it never gets paid out. The same person told me that they constantly have to get their pay fixed. There is no local HR and the one HR they have services multiple sites and don't respond to any emails. There is a lack of management. You don't have any support and if a customer leaves a negative survey they blame you. I felt as if no one cared about others. No such thing as two days off in a row ever. You'll constantly have your schedule changed with no notice because you can't access it unless logged into one of their computers. If you manage to get a bonus they "tax" 17% but it won't be on any stubs or a t4. They keep 17% of any bonus you might earn. The bonuses are apparently supposed to be paid in American dollars but they told other employees they would look into it and never did according to one person I talked to. The site didn't follow proper covid policy while I was there. On top of that one of my friends that still works there said that for months they were promised an essential worker top up in Newfoundland and it wasn't even applied for. Management constantly lie and for no reason. I'm glad I left months ago. Soo many people come and go off of stress leave including management and upper management. I decided that my mental -

Pros

There are none in the two months I was there

Cons

Not one employee I talked to had anything positive to say

Stressful environment I DO NOT RECOMMEND

Always have dispute on every paycheck like overtime, bonus, work hours and even internet pay!! If you got a bad surveys that is not your fault cause survey question is about the company, you'll get fired though your others stats are good!! Worst company ever!! Do not make employees feel belong. Supervisors and managers are nowhere to be found when seeking assistance! You are on your own. They set high standards but do not give importance to employees such as bonus and perks!

Pros

Colleagues are fun and kind

Cons

Stressful, incorrect pay

Helpful team leaders

I am working from home right now. I found everyone really helpful while I stuck at something. If my team leader is not available, some other team leaders will definitely help me if I an stuck at something.

Pros

opportunity for free breaks

High Stress environment

It's a call center. Calls are ok most of the time but when confronted with difficult situations that need managerial or supervisor intervention, the people are no where to be found. You are on your own.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

No team work

Not good and stressfull

Not a good place to work, constant pressure, customers are shouting at agents, poor helpdesk chat (they take forever to respond). They are just doing fraud with customers in US, even if someone died in the family of customer, they won't allow us to cancel line, Not good for health, they treat you very badly. There are missing hours in pay, they fire you quickly if you get bad reviews even if there is no fault of agent. But if you are a student/ or newcomer in Canada, not too bad job because this company can give you a quickstart in your career and you take a lot of bad/good experience which will help you to perform better in other jobs, once you leave this company. But please don't expect that they will respect you or this islongterm job. Trainers are uselesss they provide you just a theoretical training which is useless

Pros

good pay, bonus n incentives

Cons

stressfull, poor management, discrimination, mental harassment

Stay away

worst place to work. got harassed by management about calls. put on stress leave after 2 weeks. TL would come in and just yell about how bad i was.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

18 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize for this experience and want you to know that we take our employees’ satisfaction very seriously. We would love to hear more from this experience so please feel free to confidentially message us at feedback@spdatallc.com.

Stay away at all costs

I started working here and for the first two weeks it was good. The nesting hours for training were GRUELING; 2 to 10 pm. The first two weeks were okay but recently I got a TL who was micromanaging me every step of the way, harassing me, and saying I shouldn't be there. This TL also called one of the other employees a racial slur. You get very SHORT breaks, and at one point they threatened to cut them by about 5 mins. If you value your sanity and your self esteem, I would stay far, far away from here.

Pros

You may meet some new friends there

Cons

Long hours, rude managment, stress

18 September 2020

Worst job ever

Terrible experience, bad pay for the work you do. 90% customers are frustrated and difficult. Many complex programs and softwares that you NEED to learn to use. Very rude and disrespectful management. Mental health will suffer. Honestly, this call centre makes others feel like a dream job. Still haven't received 150 hours of overtime i did in May. Wouldn't recommend even if starving,

Pros

Cons

Abusive staff, helish schedules, delayed pay

Stressful and not at all likeable

Job was very stressful, working in a call center is hard but this one was the very stressful as well, the compensation was good but I hated going to work. Everyone warned about this job but I said I will try it anyway and I resigned after two weeks.

Pros

Salary and bonuses

Cons

Stressful work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at S&P Data. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement