S&P Data
Happiness score is 43 out of 100

S&P Data Employee Reviews in Hamilton, ON

Hamilton, ON193 reviews

Found 193 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,149 reviews

Fast paced call centre position

Can be fast paced and stressful in this job. Training was helpful but once you are taking calls there is a lot of pressure and not much support or resources.

Great place to work everyone is nice

They give you all the training and I learned a lot of customer service skills they actually want everyone to succeed and you are always learning something new every day you come to work.

Insights into S&P Data

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Competitive/Stressful Environment but Good Pay for Entry Level

Call centre job. It is what it is. Paid training is nice, but once that's done, they will 100% expect newbs to take calls from a variety of departments. I was outbound for 2.5 monthes, trained for 4 days on inbound and thrown to the wolves. All within my probationary period. Had a mental breakdown and walked away from the job immediately. But, if you like to talk, and wanna make good money (and you don't know what anxiety is) this is great entry level "career starter" for those with HS diplomas (or without, just charm them in the interview). Also FYI my experience is purely in a WFH context. Maybe it's easier in person? Probably not.

Pros

Bonuses for the Competitive Sales Person(tm)

Cons

No support and inadequate training. Company culture is toxic.

Not fun at all.

We were hired as billing specialists to help consumers reduce their monthly cost. That could only be done if we sold more services so not great. Consumers were looking to save money and not spend more.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, poorly maintained facilities, poor management and coaching and mentoring.

Depends on which Supervisor you have as to how you will like it

Some supervisors are very down to earth and make you feel comfortable. Some are downright arrogant and unrealistic literally telling their assistants to pepper you with "hang up" on cx when the call is too long.

Pros

Good training - nice ease into nesting and learning the job properly

Cons

Many computers and chairs are broken - its a game to try to find the computer that works.

OK Place to work

it is a good place to start, straight out of school and looking to enter the labour market, but the pay was not that great so wasn't there for long, asides that good working colleagues and management at the time was kind.

If you value your mental health, this is not the place for you.

Run. You’re lucky if you get a good tl. Otherwise. Run. It’s not worth your mental health and sanity. TL’s and SME’s complain about the job so much, no one wants to advance

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Horrible upper management

Its okay

It's an okay job, stressful at times having to meet targets for sales when you can't control customer hang ups... the hours in my opinion aren't great mostly because I don't like working until 9pm

Pros

Work from home, flexible with needing time off, bonuses

Cons

Pay could be better, can only use company computer (not a laptop)

Stressful

They don’t value their employees and you have to deal with a lot of stress. Highly recommended not to join for your good health and a peaceful life. They are very tricky as you’ll be lied during the job training and then when it comes to the production. The job is mentally draining no matter what position are you in. They don’t have manners to speak with the employees. Everything is micro managed. You need to request and beg the uneducated and unmannered TL’s or mentors for your breaks and lunches everyday and if you don’t, they will blame you and log you out. They have no attendance system and makes you sit for 8:30 hrs a day and would not even pay you for full 8 hrs. Worst HR and worst Management.They fire employees without any warning letter or any prior notification.They’ll fool you on the name of Bonus and will then put unpredicted criteria.Working with this bad management would be OVERWHELMING, DISGUSTING and FRUSTRATING.

No doesn't recommend

Dont care about employees and you have to deal with lot of stress to fulfill the targets. Highly recommended not to join better with other call centers.

Terrible place

3 weeks of paid training was about the only good thing about working here. The training is watching videos and doing modules about literally nothing you will be doing while taking calls. They throw you onto the pjones with no training at all. They tell you you are customer service but all they vare about is you making sales. They tried to get me to sell yo people who were calling into cancel service for a family member who passed away. When you ask for support, the team leads make you wait. They are fake and want you to lie to customers just to make sales to them. Do not work here. Call after call. And they push you to sell even if the customer doesn't want anything.

Pros

Paid training that has nothing to do with job

20 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize for this experience and want you to know that our managers and human resources are always here to listen and find solutions with you. We would love to hear more from you so please feel free to confidentially message us at feedback@spdatallc.com.

Stay away

Pathetic management. Guys if you work for your pay stay away from this. I worked really hard to get my incentives and they keep on expanding the training time. ( You work same as you work in production) it is just their own way. Even after working hard and being on time i started getting pay errors from my second pay itself. I keep on aproaching my TL, HR manager but never ever this issues were resolved.At last I resigned due to this issues. And guess what even after sending the resignation they never felt to solve my pay difference. Instead i started getting calls from my TL not to resign, as i was doing good. But you can see the results. Here I am, left the organization as i felt they don't care who you are.Afterall we all work for money.

Pros

Cons

Worst management( I wish I could give zero rating)

Nice people

Sales had to make but we get them anyway! i like that they hardly fire existing customers. However; before Covid We used to go and play Tennis that was amazing. .

20 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to see that our vision matches your long term goals! We would love to hear more from you so please feel free to confidentially message us at feedback@spdatallc.com.

Working from home, I'm actually saving more money than working another job that pays slightly higher but requires travelling. I also have more time for my partner and to play my playstation.

Pros

Working remotely

Cons

Odd hours

21 September 2021

Company that no one should apply

I did the biggest mistake in my life joining this company. Very very stressful environment. No care or helpful. You will feel depressed. The environment of the company is very toxic. No Management of company.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Very depressed job

Enjoy working with Colleagues

I have been working with this company since the last May and it's been a fun and lot of opportunities to learn new things with varied people. I am grateful for everything. Thank you.

Great work place 😊

If you are comfortable with customer service, then this work place would be a great fit. I learned alot of things like how to keep patience and be polite in every situation. If you have any questions or difficulty there is a support group who is 24*7 available to guide you.

Horrid place to work

Would give 0 stars if possible. Awful place to work. Management dont knkw what they are doing and treat you like trash for calling them on their bull****. Do not work here past the 5 weeks training.

Do not work here

Absolutely terrible place to work. The training was completely lacking, so by the first day on the job we did not know enough information to answer customers' questions. When we do not know something we are supposed to ask a supervisor for assistance, but they would take forever to respond and then blame you for making the customers wait. There were also certain basic requests that required you to ask a supervisor before doing, but then they wouldn't reply and the customer would get frustrated. Every day was so stressful.Also, almost every single pay cheque I had to go to my supervisor to dispute my hours because they would try and pay me for less than I actually worked. You can earn bonuses, but they put a sneaky clause in the contract to get away with not paying you your last 2 months of bonuses.

sales rep

fun environment, great co-workers, loved working there although I am not a salesperson. Good if you do not have any call center experience. will work with you.

general day

Typically the hardest part of this job is to dissuade the customers objections and talk them into the offers you have built for them. This can sometimes be quite easy but other times it can be as hard as Sisyphus' task to push a boulder up a hill. This type of change can occur every other call you have or they can be the same through the whole day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at S&P Data. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement