S&H HEALTH FOODS Employee Reviews

Retail Sales
Retail Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2018
A typical day at work was assisting clients, making sure the store was clean and placing/unpacking shipments. A lot of freedom as you often work alone but you are expected to work efficiently in accordance with company standards.
horrible place to work
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON Lindsey ON, Oshawa/Whitby ON15 January 2018
extremely high expectations for staff that have no training. No support from upper management. No inshore managers but staff required to fill in manager duties with out compensation.
Expect employees to drop everything to cover shifts
Very friendly, family like environment.
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 July 2017
Great Place to work, amazing people and flexible hours. The products are great and although you do not get benefits you do receive a lot of free products from reps and extra shipments and samples from companies which is a cool perk.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 November 2016
It's a good place to work at other than not getting more than 20 hours a week, sometimes less. Other than that it can get a little boring but no problems.
Very Discriminating
Retail Sales/ Customer Service/ Stocking Inventory (Former Employee) –  London Ontario29 July 2015
While I was working at S&H Health Foods, I felt very targeted and discriminated for having tattoos and my choice to switch my religion.

I felt as if a supervisor above me, pushed her own religion on me and continued to try and convert me back into my past religious choice. It was very upsetting.

I found that the hardest part of the job was that it seemed that the employers did not want me to speak to the customers. I always found that speaking kindly to customers and really getting to know how they are and what they were looking for, made them very happy and always wanted to come back to ask for my support and advice and in turn, they came back and purchased more products!

I just felt like it was a "push push push the products" place. I found that customers did NOT like the way that we were told to be.
Pros
Discounts on my supplements and protein shakes
Cons
long days
Inspiring and dedicated workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 August 2013
The team is dedicated to the health food industry and we all demonstrate a passion that goes beyond just our place of employment. I enjoy the casual atmosphere and the occasional free lunch when the owner drops by. My manager is fun and caring as she trusts each of us to work independently and resourcefully.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Pay and lack of health benefits