Ryerson University Employee Reviews

Fun quiet work space
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
3 hours of calling with breaks every now and then to socialize with coworkers. It was a real enjoyable experience with very flexible hours due to a good cover system.
Focus on Education
Practice Placement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
Focus on Education, job advancement, work life balance.
They focus on work life balance that may provide benefits to staff.
Regular staff meetings. Strong union
Pros
Benifits
Cons
travel time
Good Salary
Professor of High Advanced ESL (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
The payment was good and reliable. The students were great. I would recommend this job to someone. The only thing is that the work fluctuates depending on how many students enrol and this does not help with job security.
Exciting environment to work for
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2017
Co-workers are great and supervisors are friendly. I can learn a lot in here. But there are too many applicants for the positions and some supervisors prefer to hire a certain group of ethnicity.
N/a
Project Coordinator (RA assistant) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2017
Best position that I ever had at Ryerson University. Solid paycheques, good life/work balance. Exposure to new construction methods. You can use all theory methods of civil engineering in real life design/build projects.
Excellent place to work, amazing colleagues
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2017
Great work-life balance and opportunity for advancement. As a research assistant I got an opportunity to learn, and conduct research, which has advanced my career tremendously.
Great Culture
Course Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2017
- the supervisors are amazing and they really care for your career advancement
- since it is part of the university, they are flexible with your school schedule
This is a graduated student review of Ryerson University
Master of Engineering Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
Ryerson University is a great place to do University studies and also get connected with industries.
Professors ask students to do projects for each course and if the student has enough eager to choose hard projects and do them correctly, it would be great experience for them to become familiar with industrial technologies in their field.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2017
The workplace was very productive and fun. This job was mostly for students of Ryerson University, so it was easier for them to have a job closer to their place of study.
Productive studies
Data Analytics Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2017
I studied in the Certificate in Data Analytics, Big Data, and Predictive Analytics program. I definitely recommend to anyone who is interested in the field.

Want to know more about Ryerson University?

Ask a question
Fun fast paced workplace
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2017
Working at Ryerson is amazing, being a recent graduate and alumni of Ryerson I couldn't be happier being here. Everyone is so accommodating and understanding.This position allows for a lot of freedom in your working hours, provided that the work is done for your supervisor when you have your meetings. Great place to work.Very friendly environment. Everyone willing to help and guide.
Everything is on schedule.No pressure on employments.good accessibility to downtown.A typical days of work is really interesting, since we get to meet lots of different people every time and have to face new problems all the time. In some cases, we are given instructions, on how to do. But in many cases, we have to improvise and solve the issue.
Pros
Adjustable Schedule
Cons
minimal advancement
Amazing
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2017
Well paced work environment
Master's Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2017
Marking assignment load depends on the professor of the course but it is usually balanced well. Lab and tutorial sizes are average. It is a friendly and helpful environment to work in.
School
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
attended school here
did not work here as an employee
great school with multiple facilities to use as a student
great education program in Business technology management
Fun research lab
Summer Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2017
Data Extractor
Data Extractor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2017
The training and work environment is very nice. The campus is modern and equipped with the latest technology. People are professional and human resources helped me out when I needed them.
Pros
Training is good.
Good place to be
Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 June 2017
Good place to be, Good work-life balance. Could be more productive if all "workers" were not student and if deadlines were tighter. Students need to get out and contribute more to the industry.
Very Short Term and Very Little Hours
Ted Rogers Leadership Centre (TRLC) Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2017
I loved this job, and I love Ryerson. This particular job was very very part time, so that's the only reason I gave "salary/benefits" 3/5 stars. This was a great job to have while enrolled as a student.
Friendly
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2017
Very friendly environment. Everyone willing to help and guide.
Everything is on schedule.
No pressure on employments.
good accessibility to downtown.
Work Life Balance
Personal Trainer and Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
Being able to make your own hours and schedule is helpful but not much opportunity for advancement with in some of the departments. The people make the job worth while and the events that we put together are always a blast.
Pros
Adjustable Schedule
Cons
minimal advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryerson University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4