Ryerson University Employee Reviews

Good
Sous-Chef (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2018
Fun staff good work environment, long hours, good benifits, meet a lot of new people. Students are amazing to work with. New learning experiences. Healthy environment
Disorganized Management
Graduate teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2018
I learnt a lot from Ryerson on the technical front from my supervisor. The professors are very knowledgable and most of them are very helpful. They tend to help even if they are not from my department. The working hours are long. I'm a workaholic, so I don't mind it. In fact I love working late during the workdays. But from my perspective I believe Ryerson still follows the traditional organizational setup and needs a revamp. Still most processes are done through manual paperwork, CR takes days to fix. The hardest part is dealing with the administration with respect to repetitive paperwork. They require the same information twice or thrice, which increases work duration and reduces productivity due to the redundancy in paperwork. This could be avoided if Ryerson moves all of it's systems to a more digitized platform.
Fun and productive workplace.
CopyRITE Sales Operation and Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2018
Working here is great because there is a great balance between work and life. My work hours work well with the rest of my schedule. The co-workers are amazing and we can all relate well. This job offers a great opportunity to learn about retail and dealing with numerous customers.
Pros
Works with your schedule
Cons
Machines break down and customers are not happy
Great work envorinment with an awesome team
Student Learning Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2018
Working at the SLC was great. We were trained exactly on what to do and how to carry out procedures. They are very flexible with scheduling, and they understand the work/student life balance is important. The team themselves is very friendly and open, and I find myself enjoying coming in to work every day.
Great for young students to get hands-on experience
Undergraduate Research Assistant, Engineering (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2018
I worked as a research assistant for the engineering department. Great environment to gain hands-on experience in engineering fields.

Opportunity to translate classroom knowledge to real life situations.
Great
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2018
Short but sweet. Supervisor was great. Job was easy to get and easy to work at. Coworkers were great. Definitely recommended to any students looking to earn an extra income, for the short term.
Fun
Summer Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
Learned alot in this job, gained many skills that I can use today. Very friendly staff, a lot of room for growth and crew is awesome. Will definitely recommend to a friend.
Work was fun and given numerous opportunities to grow
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2018
The required work was fun, because you can be your own boss and voice whatever opinions you may have for the project. It was unpaid so that was the downside.
Conducted a weekly 1 hour seminar for 25 students to strengthen their knowledge and expertise in topics related to Human Resources Management.
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2018
Utilized variety of teaching methods including lecture, role-playing and group discussion to reinforce learning concepts, help complete assignments and improve performance.
Excellent experience integrating theory with practice.
Legal Clinic Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2018
This was an excellent program led by Ryerson University connecting entrepreneurs with Law and Business students and assisting lawyers. Educational lectures in-class, while completion of client deliverables and communication with lawyers were on-going projects.
RU Summary
Applied Research and Commercialization Intern (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2018
- Flexible
- Not competitive pay
- Great benefits such as free courses you can take
- They promote education a lot
- Great workplace culture
- Management is understanding
Pros
Free lunches
Great educational institutions
Teacher Assistant & Grading Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2018
Offers a lot of encamps activities and interactive learning opportunities. As a graduate student, you have ability to work for the university, which allows you to stay on campus and focus on your program.
Educational, Amazing Experience
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2018
I had the pleasure of working with a great professor, and help many students. The experience taught me a lot about time management, communication with students, and also helped with my networking skills.
amazing facilities
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2018
Ryerson University houses an amazing selection of audio equipment that gives students and employees amazing opportunities to explore projects in a fun environment
Pros
state of the art technology
Cons
non
Great Place to Work
Research Assistant (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2018
I worked here during my studies in the marketing department. It was a great place to work! The staff there are really nice. There is also lots of opportunity for growth which is great!
Pros
The people are great to work with and there's lots of room for growth
Fun and flexible work
Social Media Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2018
accommodating to student schedules and student hours.
Worked with great co-workers who were also students. Work was related to the degree I am currently pursuing.
student part time job
TEACHER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2018
working while studying, work experience, improve skills, fun, teaching assistant and research assistant, good money, independency working hard easy on students
good
First Generation Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
Lots of room for growth. Ability to transfer departments. Variety of jobs to do. Encouraging staff, lots of holidays and lots of free food. Also lots of events take place. Staff is concerned about your growth.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Writing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2017
I loved working at Ryerson University because it gives you the opportunity to interact with a diverse groups of individuals and learn new things every day.
Supportive work environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2017
The staff at Ryerson University was accommodating of a student's schedule. Training was always provided as needed. Administrative procedures ran smoothly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryerson University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4