Ryerson University Employee Reviews

Great place to work and learn
Teaching Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2018
I Learned a lot working as a Graduate Assistant. The professors are very knowledgeable and inspire you to want to be more.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a group of students to find the solution to a problem.
great job
Maintenance Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2018
amazing job for students to make some money as were going to school. working with peers and fellow students, working together to create scheduled that work with each other and help each other out
Great teaching opportunity for students
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2018
Able to lead weekly seminars with students and introduce them to various topics in human resource management. Responsible for grading papers and exams and providing feedback in a timely manner.
Productive and Fun workplace
Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2018
Very enjoyable workplace with various benefits and job stability. Very easy to apply to as students and continue as alumni. Diverse workplace and very inclusive to diversity, equity groups such as LGBTQ, minorities and persons with disabilities.
Productive and active environment
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2018
I was lucky enough to work with excellent and professional professors and researchers, publish several articles in the high-level journals, and present at international conferences
fun enviroment
Teacher Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2018
a typical day at work consists of meeting the students and interacting with them on a weekly basis. finally acting as their student adviser you get to help them learn. I loved it.
Hardly Worth The Money
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2018
Students can be difficult at times. Compensation is fixed regardless of the hours you actually spend assisting students. Most professors typically give you the freedom to operate as you please.
Good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2018
Working at Ryerson gave me valuable experience in teaching and research. As a Masters student, it gave me the opportunity to gain professional experience while being mentored by experts in their craft.
A lot of freedom given to employees to operate.
Lab Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2018
Not a lot of supervision - trust given to employees to complete their task in the most efficient way possible.

Direction and guidance available if needed.
Great place to start with
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2018
I have begun my career as a RA in two different departments. It was a great start to my career life as I have learnt different software and dealt with multiple challenges.
Close to core downtown
Network Infrastructure specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2018
This is a place which you may like to start a new job and also be close to school environment. You might be able to get help from top academic associates as well.
Informative
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2018
Research position, where I summarize and analyze articles.
The job is very informative.
The hours are flexible.
Comprehension of the materials was the hardest part of the job.
Overall Experience
Technical Advisor and Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2018
Academic institutions are usually nice to work at because of the benefits. Ryerson is fun place to work at because it is located in downtown Toronto. It excels in community engagement. The culture is collaborative and everyone is super interactive. No one is left behind.
Great Internship
Data Science Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2018
Had a great time, learnt many things, team helped me and encouraged me with any task. Not too strict. Was a great experience that will definitely help me move forward with my career.
Great workplace
Professional Practice and Simulation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2018
I enjoyed working at Ryerson. Teaching in Nursing is very different than practicing Nursing, so one will either like it or not. Management was very approachable, and the other staff are all very pleasant to work with.
Pros
Positive Workplace
Cons
Low salary (Typical of academia, not Ryerson specifically)
Good
Sous-Chef (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2018
Fun staff good work environment, long hours, good benifits, meet a lot of new people. Students are amazing to work with. New learning experiences. Healthy environment
Disorganized Management
Graduate teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2018
I learnt a lot from Ryerson on the technical front from my supervisor. The professors are very knowledgable and most of them are very helpful. They tend to help even if they are not from my department. The working hours are long. I'm a workaholic, so I don't mind it. In fact I love working late during the workdays. But from my perspective I believe Ryerson still follows the traditional organizational setup and needs a revamp. Still most processes are done through manual paperwork, CR takes days to fix. The hardest part is dealing with the administration with respect to repetitive paperwork. They require the same information twice or thrice, which increases work duration and reduces productivity due to the redundancy in paperwork. This could be avoided if Ryerson moves all of it's systems to a more digitized platform.
Fun and productive workplace.
CopyRITE Sales Operation and Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2018
Working here is great because there is a great balance between work and life. My work hours work well with the rest of my schedule. The co-workers are amazing and we can all relate well. This job offers a great opportunity to learn about retail and dealing with numerous customers.
Pros
Works with your schedule
Cons
Machines break down and customers are not happy
Great work envorinment with an awesome team
Student Learning Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2018
Working at the SLC was great. We were trained exactly on what to do and how to carry out procedures. They are very flexible with scheduling, and they understand the work/student life balance is important. The team themselves is very friendly and open, and I find myself enjoying coming in to work every day.
Great for young students to get hands-on experience
Undergraduate Research Assistant, Engineering (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2018
I worked as a research assistant for the engineering department. Great environment to gain hands-on experience in engineering fields.

Opportunity to translate classroom knowledge to real life situations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryerson University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4