Ryerson University

Ryerson University Employee Reviews

Canada401 reviews
This was my Capstone project which I needed to complete in order to graduate. We worked with a client which wanted us to implement a chat bot to help new customers.
Research is a fun job, that includes statistical and graphical analysis of data. This job inculcated critical thinking in me and improved my technical skills. I learnt a major part of it with the help of my employer who is not just supportive but also informative and intelligent. My management is superb and flexible.
The staff is always available to support me with any student issues. The job environment is conducive for student learning and I am able to get right to work as soon as I want to begin my class.
I was satisfied to study and work at Ryerson University. Totally staff was helpful and supportive. Although the scholarship did not cover our living expenses, it was a kind of enjoyable experience for me to study and work there.
working at Ryerson was not only fun but also a fast-paced environment where I got the chance to move around a lot. I enjoyed working at Ryerson because it was demanding and you were always busy.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
hours
Ryerson University is a fun place to work at which gives you a good experience and a perfect balance of work and school life. Very professional environment.
Working as a seminar leader for an introductory HR class at Ryerson gave me an opportunity to exercise my adult learning skills. The Professors were very supportive and encouraged the TAs to run the seminars as they saw fit.
Pros
Leading the seminar
Cons
Grading some papers
I’ll be able to work with my colleagues often and in an informal, engaging way. Employees will be expected to bounce ideas off of each other and work well as part of a team. I won’t be siloed from the rest of the company, but I may need to ask for independent work if I want it.
My experience of working at Ryerson has been great. People are supportive and inclusive. There is team spirit and support in every project and the job provides safety and security on campus.
Excellent opportunity to develop your skills as a student. Gives you work experience before graduation in the industry. Support provided in learning to tackle abstract theory, and data interpretation.
Ryerson was a pleasure to work at. Good people, good reputation. I think there are challenges across the board with education these days, Ryerson is not immune from that.
very relaxing place to be. cool students and wonderful management. the location is also wonderful in the middle of downtown. i recommend it to anyone to apply if there if there is an opening.
Worked as a Research Assistant during the final years of University. Lucky enough to be recommended by one of my colleagues. Have to really be willing to learn and be involved with the research being done and be able to adapt to changing schedules.
I found the leadership responsive to my suggestions, and I had the opportunity to meet many people outside of my typical scope of work. Ryerson was welcoming and supporting to my career aspirations.
It's a sgreat location to place on your resume and grow from there. Teach you a lot in a high paced environment. Days are long nights are even longer but once you get into the flow, it all balances well.
Pros
Constantly learning new things.
Cons
Long days
Overall very relaxed and gives you the opportunity to develop real work skills. Ryerson understands the importance of balancing work and education. Also lets you make new friends if you go to school there!
Good workplace and sometime fun place, takes a bit of time to teach student at the beginning. Teachers and/or professors are helpful. Students are generally having good attitude.
A typical day as a recruiter would involve visiting 2-5 educational institutions per day and interacting with students and faculty at each location.

It's hard for me to give a review on Ryerson as a company, as my position involved a lot of off-campus and independent work.

I will say there is great communication and care provided by the team I worked with at Ryerson. I found there is a big 'team player' mentality, even though the role I participated in was very independent. They are committed to excellence and have high standards for the people they employ.
Ryerson University is at the intersection of mind and action. What our students learn in the classroom is enhanced by real-world knowledge and experience. We champion diversity, entrepreneurship and innovation.
This review applies not necessarily to the entire Ryerson university, but solely to the Real Institute, which is part of the university.
A great team of teachers, but badly managed.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryerson University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4