Ryerson University Employee Reviews

Good workplace environ
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2018
During my time at Ryerson, I have seen it come from a Polytechnic Institute to the University it is today. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and interacting with colleagues and students.
Pros
Opportunity to volunteer on special events
Great place to work and learn
Science Instructor /Technologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2018
I loved working at Ryerson. As a young adult, it allowed me to grow as a professional by teaching me wonderful professional work skills. My former colleagues at Ryerson were so eager to mentor and assist me in enhancing by professional work skills.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Lacking job security
Great Job Culture and good Work Balance
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2018
Ryerson University has a great Job Culture and I found that their Work Balance is optimal to elicit performance and promote achievements. Management and staff were wonderful to work with,
Ryerson mainted Excellenct Professionalism
Accessibility Project Grant - Lead Recipient (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2018
Ryerson University was a pleasure to work for. They reported back promptly, when required. They also generated proficient leads and services as an Industry Partner.
Good
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2018
Nice people
Great location. Good opportunity for advancement and recognition.
Great benefits and compensation. highly recommended employer
Great Atmosphere
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2018
Enjoy working there, it is quite a pleasant environment. Pay is always on time and there is customary deductions for tax but you also get very good benefits.
Student Jobs
Student Learning Centre Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2018
Working at Ryerson has taught me a lot. The environment is very diverse and inclusive. As a student working with Ryerson, this was my best choice! I would recommend it to any student, it makes for great job experience on your resume!
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
commute
Great learning environment
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2018
Rolls at Ryerson can be problematic, most of the positions are contract based and there are no guarantees that you will have your contract extended, however the rolls are very broad and there is a lot of freedom in your duties.
Excellent work place
Co-op Librarian (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2018
My position was just a co-op role. Everyone was really friendly and Ryerson is a fun place to work. I got to do many different tasks from reference to working on archives.
Pros
People
Excellent student jobs
Teaching and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2018
I worked as a teaching assistant and a research assistant. The wages were extremely fair. i found it very easy to balance work with my studies as well.
nice sometimes
cashier in Pitmann Hall (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2018
nice, but my boss was never there and left his workload on the associates. Also all the associates other than me and one other guy barely even knew English so I couldn't really talk to them.
Pros
free food
Cons
repetitive
Had a pleasure working at Ryerson University
Catering Assistant(Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2018
The work environment is ideal for self growth, with the management's full support of all of the decisions i performed on duty. A typical day at work consists of dealing with event planning and making sure everything is ready for that particular day.
Great place
IT ACCESSIBILITY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2018
amazing work culture, lovve the atmosphere. Learned a lot while I was at Ryersom. Colleagues were very adjusting and always willing to go above and beyond to teach the tips and tricks.
Great
Various positions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2018
it is the best institute to work for. Earn while you learn. You are free to innovate and grow. There are always support around you. Resourceful from every aspects.
Warming environment to work in
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2018
Ryerson works to build a warming culture among students and my volunteering experience turned out to be great as the workload is given with considering factors of us being students. It was easy to balance volunteering work with school work yet have fun.
Fun!
Racism and Education Panel Moderator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2018
I loved being a moderator here. The staff was friendly and very inclusive. The environment was fun and you could tell that everyone there was eager to learn.
Research projects is the best opportunity to update the knowledge of someone who has graduated long ago.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2018
This job was a valuable opportunity for me to update my technical information or knowledge and get familiar with the details of residential building in Canada.
The most enjoyable part of my job was when the result of my simulation was matching with experimental data.
Pros
Friendly and productive environment workplace
Cons
That was a part time job without benefit.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Technical Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2018
Professional communication, collaboration and teamwork. Exposed to lots of problem-solving. High quality and accuracy of work.
Ability to accomplish goals and meet deadlines.
Volunteer
Research Participant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2018
Participation in research studies is important as first-year students to aid upper year students working on thesis projects. Students are compensated for their time with class participation instead of money.
Crowded university
Full-time Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2018
the university is located in downtown Toronto which is extremity busy all the time and there is not enough space for students to study in quiet places. Some of the professors and teaching staffs are not qualified to teach at this level.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryerson University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4