Ryerson University Employee Reviews

Great learning environment
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2018
Rolls at Ryerson can be problematic, most of the positions are contract based and there are no guarantees that you will have your contract extended, however the rolls are very broad and there is a lot of freedom in your duties.
Excellent work place
Co-op Librarian (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2018
My position was just a co-op role. Everyone was really friendly and Ryerson is a fun place to work. I got to do many different tasks from reference to working on archives.
Pros
People
Excellent student jobs
Teaching and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2018
I worked as a teaching assistant and a research assistant. The wages were extremely fair. i found it very easy to balance work with my studies as well.
nice sometimes
cashier in Pitmann Hall (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2018
nice, but my boss was never there and left his workload on the associates. Also all the associates other than me and one other guy barely even knew English so I couldn't really talk to them.
Pros
free food
Cons
repetitive
Had a pleasure working at Ryerson University
Catering Assistant(Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2018
The work environment is ideal for self growth, with the management's full support of all of the decisions i performed on duty. A typical day at work consists of dealing with event planning and making sure everything is ready for that particular day.
Great place
IT ACCESSIBILITY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2018
amazing work culture, lovve the atmosphere. Learned a lot while I was at Ryersom. Colleagues were very adjusting and always willing to go above and beyond to teach the tips and tricks.
Great
Various positions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2018
it is the best institute to work for. Earn while you learn. You are free to innovate and grow. There are always support around you. Resourceful from every aspects.
Warming environment to work in
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2018
Ryerson works to build a warming culture among students and my volunteering experience turned out to be great as the workload is given with considering factors of us being students. It was easy to balance volunteering work with school work yet have fun.
Fun!
Racism and Education Panel Moderator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2018
I loved being a moderator here. The staff was friendly and very inclusive. The environment was fun and you could tell that everyone there was eager to learn.
Research projects is the best opportunity to update the knowledge of someone who has graduated long ago.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2018
This job was a valuable opportunity for me to update my technical information or knowledge and get familiar with the details of residential building in Canada.
The most enjoyable part of my job was when the result of my simulation was matching with experimental data.
Pros
Friendly and productive environment workplace
Cons
That was a part time job without benefit.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Technical Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2018
Professional communication, collaboration and teamwork. Exposed to lots of problem-solving. High quality and accuracy of work.
Ability to accomplish goals and meet deadlines.
Volunteer
Research Participant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2018
Participation in research studies is important as first-year students to aid upper year students working on thesis projects. Students are compensated for their time with class participation instead of money.
Crowded university
Full-time Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2018
the university is located in downtown Toronto which is extremity busy all the time and there is not enough space for students to study in quiet places. Some of the professors and teaching staffs are not qualified to teach at this level.
Good learning experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2018
As a volunteer RA at Ryerson Unviersity, I have learned several new skills regarding data collection, recruitment and data entry. The best part of my experience was being able to meet a diverse set of people at Ryerson, who provided me with advice and guidance.
Great place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2018
All in all fellow research engineers were great to work with. everyone creating a great working environment, including supervisors, head researchers. Great learning experience.
What I learned
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2018
I met a lot of different people in this job from different sides of the work. I learned to respect their culture and ways especially in finishing work and task. I learned to cope up with other people and other kind of jobs and tasks in an efficient manner
TAing engineering students
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2018
it was really nice to learn different aspects of being an engineering teacher. it was a good way to recall engineering courses and then teach them to students, take quizzes and help students perform their lab work.
Pros
best environment
Cons
sometimes night shifts
Great place to work and learn
Teaching Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2018
I Learned a lot working as a Graduate Assistant. The professors are very knowledgeable and inspire you to want to be more.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a group of students to find the solution to a problem.
great job
Maintenance Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2018
amazing job for students to make some money as were going to school. working with peers and fellow students, working together to create scheduled that work with each other and help each other out
Great teaching opportunity for students
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2018
Able to lead weekly seminars with students and introduce them to various topics in human resource management. Responsible for grading papers and exams and providing feedback in a timely manner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryerson University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4