Ryder System Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Ryder System Inc.:

Ryder System Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada225 reviews
My time working for Ryder in all was positive, my only complaint was that the management at the time was not very good at their jobs and made decisions without any input from the people actually doing their jobs.They were also impartial of who they chose to promote,a lot of time people that they liked would get promoted without having the necessary experience for the position.very unfair.
Come in the morning & have my toast while doing paper work and organizing my route for the day! Chat with co-workers and discuss the best way to avoid the bosses should or when they come in!
ITS A REAL LOSS TO GET ACCUSED OF USING COMPANY TIME WHILE EATING TOAST!! REALLY!!!! I WAS DOING PAPER WORK AT THE SAME TIME!!
I enjoyed the meeting with clients and interactions with clients. As far as the sales process goes, it was very cumbersome with more data entry than sales activity
They treat you well with dignity. The night supervisor and lead hand both were amazing and helpful. Workplace wasn't stressful at all. Forklifts were maintained and good in condition.
Work at Ryder is well organized and face paced. Schedules to keep and enough time for appointments everyone I've met knows their position and what the demands are to be successful
I could handle pressure and my job required lifting auto parts into stores , so hiring process was fairly easy. They were looking for workforce people. I did it.
Great Benefits, great retirement benefit, but little opportunities for growth. work shifts also great with shift premium. friendly team mates and good coordination
Overall, Ryder is a great place to work.
Ryder is focused on the well being of each employee, promote an open door policy.

Recognition from executive team is rare.
Flexible with time off, not much for home life , work/ life balance , work nights long shifts, an get home every second night on most runs, management is good to work with, hire process was long though about 3 weeks, by the time you do drug test an criminal record check
Is not the best place for work. Some of places are closing because the economy. Is a lot of personal with not directions and Humans Resources
office are not close to the shop.
This is a great place to work and they are a very employee focused company that pays attention to its client and employees needs and always help to give employees the best situation.
The have a good manageable company culture of skills and hard working i dears when i join the team I'll also put my own experience and share them to the company
Ryder offers good opportunity's to expand your warehouse experience but lacks a professional environment with its constantly shifting management. The work culture is highly competitive and based on what i would call a high school level social platform. Because of that coworkers are promoted into positions that are unsuitable for their behavior and knowledge. Resulting in a workplace that grossly operates in a way that circumvents Canadian labor laws, safety regulations, and company policy.
Company closed its doors in port Coquitlam after 8 years of service. They payed a good severance and i moved on.one of the best jobs i ever had to bad they closed the port i was at
Pros
Union
Cons
Closed its doors
The warehouse was very hot in the summertime and freezing cold in the winter time. Some of the people I worked with were really great. I meat a lot of nice people.
The management is enthusiastic about getting you on the floor and getting to work immediately. Cross-training at several positions is a must. If you want a fast moving job where you need to think quickly - it will be at Ryder.
I liked it it’s great for new drivers or drivers with some experience I really enjoyed working for Ryder Logistics
I would prefer my friends to work there if someone is looking for driving job
I worked loading skids at first until they needed a forklift operator. I started receiving skids and locating them in there designated spots. I learned to quickly organize the shipments quickly.
Depending on which team you are hired for. Your job may be relatively stress free or will turn your hair grey overnight. The jobs in management are salaried and lots of after hours responsibility that greatly affects your work life balance.
Hi Everyone

If you are about to join Ryder, then its a good thing for you.

Its one of the most reliable company in my carrier. They value their employees.
This is for Ryder Container Terminal Not the rest of Ryder. Unfortunately they close the container division in Port Coquitlam. I have no knowledge of any of their other companies.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryder System Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
1K