Ryder System Inc.

Ryder System Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 213 reviews matching the search See all 4,067 reviews
Revolving management / unprofessional
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2020
Ryder offers good opportunity's to expand your warehouse experience but lacks a professional environment with its constantly shifting management. The work culture is highly competitive and based on what i would call a high school level social platform. Because of that coworkers are promoted into positions that are unsuitable for their behavior and knowledge. Resulting in a workplace that grossly operates in a way that circumvents Canadian labor laws, safety regulations, and company policy.
I enjoyed driving lift truck in this face paced environment
cross dock, Dock Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 January 2020
The warehouse was very hot in the summertime and freezing cold in the winter time. Some of the people I worked with were really great. I meat a lot of nice people.
Fast paced / Hard Labour
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC6 January 2020
The management is enthusiastic about getting you on the floor and getting to work immediately. Cross-training at several positions is a must. If you want a fast moving job where you need to think quickly - it will be at Ryder.
It’s great.
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON26 December 2019
I liked it it’s great for new drivers or drivers with some experience I really enjoyed working for Ryder Logistics
I would prefer my friends to work there if someone is looking for driving job
Good holiday hours with stressful pressure
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 December 2019
I worked loading skids at first until they needed a forklift operator. I started receiving skids and locating them in there designated spots. I learned to quickly organize the shipments quickly.
Very stressful fast paced
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON12 December 2019
Depending on which team you are hired for. Your job may be relatively stress free or will turn your hair grey overnight. The jobs in management are salaried and lots of after hours responsibility that greatly affects your work life balance.
Great Work Environment
Information Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2019
Hi Everyone

If you are about to join Ryder, then its a good thing for you.
Its one of the most reliable company in my carrier. They value their employees.
Unfortunately no longer open
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC26 November 2019
This is for Ryder Container Terminal Not the rest of Ryder. Unfortunately they close the container division in Port Coquitlam. I have no knowledge of any of their other companies.
Decent pay and benifits
Truck Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 November 2019
Somewhat dysfunctional office. Told different ways to do things by different people. While they preached safety I did not feel it was a safe working environment by the end of my tenure. At the end of the day there was good and bad there. I received zero actual training in 2 years which I feel put me at a disadvantage. Tough to leave as the pay was good, but started hating to go to work.

Insist on proper training if you choose to work here and get to know the characters fast.
excellent company
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 November 2019
excellent company
great management
health and safety training
Dynamic fast paced company with great people at every level"

"Good work environment /supporting colleges"
Poor
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 October 2019
No respect
Worked for them for 20 years and they ripped on my last pay me off when I quit.
They are always trying to find new ways to save money and it usually comes on the backs of the drivers.
Cons
Below average wages
Negative workplace,manager at that time was not co operative and jumped to conclusions when talking to him
DZ Driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON21 October 2019
The manager expected us to deliver products more than a block away from customer, to much hand balming for driver. Trucks were loaded to the back door so we couldn't turn skids around when we had to. Customers complaints were handled badly by not supporting the drivers.
Lower pay attracts younger & inexperienced people
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON8 October 2019
Ryder is a good company to work for. If you want to make it your career it is important to align yourself with a seasoned vet to learn everything you can. National company means you can transfer anywhere across Canada, more opportunities
lack of communication
lack of communication between management and the rest of the employees. Over all too many hands in the cookie jar. Company itself offers amazing benefits if non union.
Same old rule: Don't trust anyone. Don't make mistakes. If you did, blame someone else!
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON30 September 2019
Mediocre management done by mediocre manager at Milton. No planning whatsoever, everything is a reaction! as above: Don't trust anyone. Don't make mistakes. If you did, blame someone else! Overtime is abused like no tomorrow. Yet, a good start hiring new top, then get rid of the wannabes.
Pros
Got a job
Cons
Confusing
The company isn’t a good one to work for .
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2019
A very bad company that doesn’t listen to its employee in any ways . The politics in the company is just too much . Wrong supervisor and you get judge by the floor of the skin .
Worst place I've worked
Material Handler / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary13 September 2019
Too much politics and favoritism. This is the only company I know where favored temps gets promoted twise in a row in 3 months. While hard working employees don't even get considered.
Stressful
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 September 2019
The management is unforgiving and do not treat their drivers with respect. They regularly yell at the workers and there is a general vibe amongst workers of a want to leave due to extreme micro management.
Very neat and professional work place
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 September 2019
Good place to start up your career. Good management. They have lots of opportunities to change career into any other ryder department. Very easy to grow up the rank. Down side with this company the that career growth path is not defined. Definitely lot of HR deficiency. Most of the promotion is done at the manager's/ supervisor's discretion. They make lots of bad choices some time. This problem might just be unique to the account i worked for in Edmonton. Might not be a Company wide problem.
Terrible place to work wish i could find something else
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dashwood, ON3 September 2019
Bad hours 3:30am to 4pm. Heavy lifting low pay. Complete chaos. Manager is completely incompetent and should not be there. Bosses will not listen to employees at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryder System Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K