Ruth's Chris Steak House

Ruth's Chris Steak House Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, can be very fast paced

I really enjoy my time working at Ruth’s. Tending the bar and serving tables. Management was fair and we were compensated well. The hours are there if you’re willing as well

Extremely productive and overall great place to work

At Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, your expectations by management to full-fill the customers needs are high due to the high class restaurant that Ruth’s is. Working at Ruth’s Chris has taught and shown me to be very productive while under a lot of pressure as well as following time slots to ensure that everything about the customers experience is a great one.

I like to work in Ruth's chris

I really enjoyed with all the employees and also like the environment of the workplace. I really suggested all my friends to work in Ruth's chris restaurant

very busy place

The best things in the work is people are nice and we also do like a teamwork inside the kitchen we use to help each other who's needs help and the hardest thing is very busy and under pressure work.

Productive and fast paced work

very fast paced, kept me on my toes. Delightful work throughout the dat though. Ongoing learning experiences and collaboration. Learned many new recipes and perfected my existing skills.

Productive and fast paced

I found my time working at this establishment to be exceedingly interesting, to say the least, I enjoyed every last moment I got to spend with my co-workers and working in a friendly and energetic atmosphere.

Very Enjoyable Place to Work

Its a typical kitchen when you look at the set up. People I dealt with made it enjoyable there. I personally thought pay was very competitive amongst other kitchens that I've worked at. Its a kitchen job, if you're expecting a relaxing setting, you're only gonna be let down. If you work hard here, Chef will put you in a good position to succeed.

Good steak but

Great food and beautiful restaurant. Some of the ownership was lovely some was not. Needed more marketing background as seemed to change promo concept too often

Ruths=ruthless

Everyone for themselves. Management are a bunch of either a coward or Ruthless. Never accept it was their fault. The owners, the Dukes are unappreciated people. If you have no pride, go there.

Fun people, bad management

Coworkers were always a reason to go in, but management over worked you and underpaid for your efforts. Asking for raises came with disgust, and your complaints were brushed under the carpet. Hours would disappear from your paycheque and often times you’d find management had clocked you out before you even finished your shift, sometimes hours early. Correcting these hours would takes weeks. There was a large communication problem all around. While efforts were made to fix these, lower level employees were often overlooked. Good workers quit monthly. They didn’t know how to keep employees

Jobs at Ruth's Chris Steak House

See more jobs

Horrible Working Conditions - Minimum Wage

Working at this location as a full time dishwasher was stressful and not a fun place to work. The tip pool averaged $10 a week for each dishwasher and the tip out for the servers was 7% of sales, clearly management is lining their pockets instead of passing the tips to the hardworking back of house staff. You frequently work functions where there is no gratuity at all that is passed to the back of house. Functions of up to 500 people are regular and the dish pit is understaffed. Those that do work with you are older, lazier workers and the management doesn't seem to care about their lack of performance. You are frequently sent home early and there is no reliable hours at this location. Your paycheck is never consistent. Seniority doesn't seem to matter either. In short, it is not worth working here given the amount of work you must do and the poor tips you do receive.

Cons

No free meals, poor tip pool management, managers that don't care

Has it's ups and downs

While working at Ruths Chris i've grown to love the diversity of the team. Working here is more meant as a part time job, I wouldn't recommend a career here.

the environment

the environment is very friendly with my co-worker. The chef will help the helpers every time as well as Co-workers. I felt that I just came and had fun.

Great

Great atmosphere, great for people who want to be a host but not deal with rushes. Laid back job, short shifts, and you get tips. This is also great if you are entry level, you can learn a lot from this environment.

Cons

Not a lot of shifts

good place

very fast paced work environment with high standards. teamwork is a must. I have learned teamwork ethics. very good place and they give free meal as well.

fun workplace

fun workplace with lots of great staff and managers tourist area slow days busy nights fun drinks to make enjoyable atmosphere .....................

Not what i expected

Not quite what I expected. With a 7% tip out of your read plus an additional tip oUT to food runner and server assistant it's next to impossible to make money. Banquets often go on your paycheck with no clear acounting of what function is was.....many go unpaid. Time off is easy.request it and it's given. But if your thinking a high end steakhouse think again.most guests come in with coupons or vouchers that the server has to tip out on......the turnover in staff is massive.

Pros

Flexible time off

Cons

Tipping out insane money and going home with very little.

Below Average for a High Class Establishment

For a company that marks up their products by over 200 percent, I was expecting more than just above minimum wage. Despite my drive to work, I was never offered a raise or praise for going above and beyond. Management refuses to acknowledge their poor choice in hiring and frequently chose to hire underqualified workers. This restaurant is the reason I left the culinary industry. If you are looking for an easy job, stay away but if you love the industry and want to help grow a restaurant, go ahead and try.

Pros

free lunch once a week, good tipout

Cons

penny pinchers, poor hiring practices

fair

not bad of a place to work when it is busy .otherwise it could be challenging to stay focus at time.A lot of unnecesrary time off in between.make it difficult to plan your financial life.

awesome

Ruth's Chris is an amazing environment to work in. Co-workers are outgoing and make the shift go soothly. Management is very understanding and willing to work with the staff to ensure they are happy at work.

Fun and exciting environment

Although it is an expensive restaurant you feel right at home working there. The staff members instantly become friends and family and there is truly no other job I've felt so comfortable with so quickly. I enjoyed every shift there.

Pros

Discounts on meals

Cons

Long nights home if you dont live close

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruth's Chris Steak House. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement