Russell Stover Candies

Russell Stover Candies Employee Reviews

great company

I worked for Russell Stovers for 4 years. The company was fair and paid their employees well. The company has been sold and Lindt has taken over Russell Stover Candies. All employees from RS have been let go and the company is no longer in business.

Pros

company car

Cons

no longer in business

Bad job.

If you like factory work it's perfect. But to be treated worse then an animal in a cage is worse. I was never made to feel important, always felt like I was never good enough for them when I was busting my hump. When I was pregnant they didn't care they were still having me lift 50+ pounds, over worked and it felt like I was underpaid for working 12 hours a night. Co workers are normally dirty people, body odors, breath odors and you do end up working close to someone for an extended period of time. People are always yelling at you, sometimes bad things, calling you stupid, dumb, or cursing at you.

Pros

Paid weekly

Cons

Everything!

great hours and benefits

typical work day consist of 10 hour shift learned how to be productive in a timely manner and to manage my time accordingly. co- workers were great. hardest part of the job when machines break down throws u behind on production and quality.i loved working on 4 and off 3 days.

Pros

paid lunch and breaks

Cons

not any

Great work enviornment

This is a great place to work for anyone who needs factory experiences they have good opportunities from learning to make the chocolate to how to make the boxes they go in and shipping them to the customers.

Pros

Smells amazing

Cons

High turnover.

A day at RSC

One a typical day, I will visit between 12-15 key account stores each day starting from 7:00 am until 5:00 pm. Working with all major chains from CVS, Wal-Mart, Target, Walgreens,etc. Rotating and ordering product on the shelves. Creating promotional in store campaigns.

Pros

Working with Store Managers

Cons

Wonderful factory to work for.

I loved my job. Worked in the service area of the factory. Moved stills of candy to different areas of the factory for packaging, filled stills with fresh candy off the belt, packed candy for shipping, inspected packing for package damages.

Fun product to sell! Everyone loves chocolate!

A typical day was visiting stores to maintain the chocolate rack and to sell seasonal products to the manager. Learned to match products according to the store's needs. Work mostly on my own, and loved to eat their chocolate! Learned many selling skills!

Pros

Selling training!

Cons

Too much chocolate and driving!

Nice place to work

Exciting and enjoyable place to work, climate controlled environment. Many opportunities to cross train in other departments. Teams were well managed and personable. Fun place the co-workers got along with each other

Pros

Management Team was Great

Cons

smoking section to close to building

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers. They make the day go by faster than working alone. A typical day at work is fast paced and repetitive. The hardest part of my job in the heat and consecutive lifts I have to give through out the day.

Pros

Off three days a week

Cons

Swift changes in the company's rules and regulations on the day-to-day procedures

The job is good.

This job would be better if it was more than seasonal. The people are good to work with. The environment is very clean and smells good.

Great product..... Poor management

Selling the best boxed chocolate in the world and meeting with some customers is fun...... The management in the company is very broken.

Pros

Great product

Cons

Poor management

Good Pay for a safe manufacturing job

In my capacity the responsibilities were routine. The culture in the factory leaned more towards avoiding responsibility with a "That's not my job or problem" attitude. There was very little desire among the workers and lower management to improve the work environment or product in general.

Pros

Good pay for the geopgraphic location

Cons

No satisfaction.... a place to "earn a buck"

VP of Field Sales Merchandising needs to be fired by Lindt

Fields sales will not ever grow unless the VP of Field Sales Merchandising and DVP's (now known as Regional Managers) are all released from the company. With the new parent owners (Lindt) many sales reps are hoping to see new difficult, yet, positive changes to be made by new CEO from Lindt/Ghiradelli. Here's hoping...fingers are crossed.

laid back factory setting

Clean enjoyable work area. Friendly management and co-workers. Company cared for its employees. The hours were 10 hours a day 4 days a week.

Great work/life balance, work team

Good company to work for, working on getting with the times. Management is great, co-workers are great. Rarely work more than 40 hours/week. Flexible schedule.

Pros

Flexible schedule, 40 hrs/wk, great co-workers

Cons

Antiquated IT, ok health insurance, lower pay.

I work in the forming department as a striper. I put the stripes on the candy.

When I am not striping, I work in other areas. My supervisor puts me in all areas as a fill in, It is hard for me to describe a typical day because it changes. I have been on the weight station. I have done candy hauling. I have packed the chocolate in the choco pak area. I do the RCF where I put the center in the machine so it can take shape of the candy. I am learning the enrober position for an advancement opportunity. I palletize and use a pallet jack. I am a hard worker and not afraid of doing something new.

Pros

I only work 4 days a week

Cons

Only company I know that someone can lose their job going to the hospital

russell stovers was a good place to work.

I believe they need to work on production issues and issues in a timely fashion, some of there machines need updated. I really liked being a lead and working with all the employees to get product out.

Awesome Place to work

I have learned a lot working at Russell Stover Chocolate factory about good manufacturing practice. How the state operating system works. I find the supervisors are very knowledgeable and hardworking. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone.

Pros

good pay

great work atmosphere

i enjoyed the job, and the room for advancement was abundant, your drive and motivation to work and excel, gets you far with this company which also has excellent health benefits.

Pros

overtime is offered, and room for advancement is plentiful

Cons

seasonal

A very difficult job

I enjoy working. This job was very severe and has somewhat diminished my love for work. I was forced to move boxes onto pallets for 3 months straight and suffered from sever back pain. But, I am going to keep looking for a decent job.

Pros

Income

Cons

depressing potentially stressful boring repetitive

Good place to work.

Their are a lot of good people to work with but the hours are long and a lot of over time.

Pros

Good money, learn alot of new things

Cons

Too many hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Russell Stover Candies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement