RUSSELL SECURITY SERVICES INC Employee Reviews for Security Guard

Good place to work with
Gatehouse Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2019
Management is really nice and flexible, very cooperative staff and very nice sites to work at, pay rate is good, you need to do job with great sense of responsibility at their sites.
North Bay Hospital Management is a disaster
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON12 May 2019
Management is racist and is not aware of their own standard operating procedures. Staff gets disciplined for no fault of theirs. Plus the manager has an inflated ego. Would rather be on welfare than work for them again. Its a MYTH that if you work here its easier to make it to law enforcement.
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Overalll i enjoyed working with Russell Security
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON8 May 2019
The environment was very good and I like to work with russell security team and I was proud to be a part of Russell Security. The management was very good and caring.
Keep Looking!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON3 March 2019
High stress, low pay, minimal training that changes with each surprise task thrown your way. Bullying from the Account Manager and her hench-girl straight out of Mean Girls.

Watch your paychecks-they'll be wrong and good luck getting that corrected!

Expect calls just before you leave your shift to stay longer as somebody quit again/didn't show for a shift; days off will be interrupted repeatedly with pleas to fill in. (Not that you'll get acknowledged or rewarded for your sacrifice.)
Pros
It's in the GTA
Cons
Need more space
v v good cop I'm deed.
Security. guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto. mississagua11 February 2019
O am well trained air fotcebwsrrant officer .I worked on 7 company in Canada. I heard this an good cop. I should work with u. There all facilith
Dup ate v b goof the executive are welfare minded
It is nice to work with u
One will be happy to make career in rrssule security
It is cstrer oriented cop. I like to work on Russel security.hive me a chance to work with u.thanks
I think those are seeking to make career they can join rrssule security
There are many many benefit.dress is very good.dress issued with no charge. Working condition v v good
Pros
it goof work with u
Cons
zero professionalism but good start
Security Guard (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2018
this company is not professional. no proper shifts but it is a good start to your career as you will get use to the problems of jobs and know how to deal with it.
Pros
hires easily
Cons
no proper shifts
Horrid
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON19 September 2018
I recently worked at the Ajax location for a short period of time, while rotating between front desk and gatehouse shifts. Throughout my time here, RSSI has went through many guards however they do not appreciate the guards that remain throughout the problems. The company does not appreciate the people who take shifts and come in all the time. Not worth the time to stay in this company. They complain about different shifts and create uncomfortable work experiences for guards. They truly only care for the client not the guards.
Pros
shifts
Cons
long hours, poor management skills, poor organizational skills
Good to work with them
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  333 bay street5 August 2018
I worked as the security guard with Russell security in which I worked in different kind of position for example as a contractor escort and also as a patrol guard and all kind of shift on their one location which is Bay Adelaide center But from now they don't have a contract with bac so not getting more hours
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not inuff hours
Good comapny
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 July 2018
Good company just needs better wages, but they give good support and are thankful when you put the work in as well as the site supervisor is willing to accommodate and give time off to recuperate if you put in overtime hours
Pros
Helpful managment
Cons
Overworked, under paid
its good work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 March 2018
great people to work with, always there, good place to work.lots of hours . different sites and areas to work . uniform comes out of first pay cheque.
Pros
great people
Cons
people cancel too often
Professional and fun
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto7 May 2013
Loved to work there. Everything was good, except that this was a seasonal position and just part time.
Pros
Free soft drinks, and coffee