Russell Meadows Retirement Community Employee Reviews

3.3Pay & Benefits
3.3Job Security & Advancement
Amazing home for many residents with exceptional food and care
Server/Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Russell, ON4 June 2018
I absolutely loved working for Russell Meadows. The activities, care, food, and general help they offer to the residents is outstanding. A typical day at work could consist of a variety of tasks including serving the residents, dishes, cleaning up and resetting the dining room, food preparation and cooking, and plating orders. I learned to work in a fast paced environment while serving residents, plating orders, or doing dishes. The management was amazing, she is the best manager I have had yet. The job is tense therefore the workplace culture wasn't always very pleasant, although eventually we all got along. The hardest part of the job was honestly making the residents happy while still looking out for their well being. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships you make with the residents. Working at Russell Meadows made me love retirement communities, and I will never forget working there.
Pros
Amazing relationships made
Cons
Short shifts
Treatment of Staff
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ontario24 January 2018
Appreciation of staff and their hard work to help residents is not always considered. They do the best they can with at times limited support from the management.
great place to work
Server/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Russell, ON30 January 2017
Every shift i set up the dinner placement for the residents, followed by serving dinner. Throughout this time, i strike up conversations with the majority of the residents to ensure they know they are in a welcoming environment. The management ensures that shifts are spread equally among all the workers, and always let us know when we are doing a good job. The hardest part of the job is being able to cope when a resident passes or moves to a different location, however the best part of the job is getting to know the residents on a personal level and forming friendships with them.
get to do fun activities with the residents
Service team member (Former Employee) –  Russell, ON16 February 2016
i learned alot about how dementia affects people differently. co-workers are amazing, wonderful work environment. Hardest part about the job is loosing someone that you see and take care of everyday.
Pros
meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons
loosing residents
Residents are well cared for at Russell Meadows.
Assistant Director of Care (Former Employee) –  Russell, ON25 October 2015
The team is very caring, the food is great and the activity schedule is ever changing and fun. Residents interact with staff on many levels and families are always welcomed.
Pros
Great team spirit.
Cons
CEO micro-manages everyone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Russell Meadows Retirement Community. Our community is ready to answer.

Russell Meadows Retirement Community Reviews by Location