Russell Meadows Retirement Community

Russell Meadows Retirement Community Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews
The best part was the relationships you create with the residents. There is so much to take from that. The job was fast-paced and had great moments, however, my personal experience with management was poor.
I absolutely loved working for Russell Meadows. The activities, care, food, and general help they offer to the residents is outstanding. A typical day at work could consist of a variety of tasks including serving the residents, dishes, cleaning up and resetting the dining room, food preparation and cooking, and plating orders. I learned to work in a fast paced environment while serving residents, plating orders, or doing dishes. The management was amazing, she is the best manager I have had yet. The job is tense therefore the workplace culture wasn't always very pleasant, although eventually we all got along. The hardest part of the job was honestly making the residents happy while still looking out for their well being. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships you make with the residents. Working at Russell Meadows made me love retirement communities, and I will never forget working there.
Pros
Amazing relationships made
Cons
Short shifts
Appreciation of staff and their hard work to help residents is not always considered. They do the best they can with at times limited support from the management.
Every shift i set up the dinner placement for the residents, followed by serving dinner. Throughout this time, i strike up conversations with the majority of the residents to ensure they know they are in a welcoming environment. The management ensures that shifts are spread equally among all the workers, and always let us know when we are doing a good job. The hardest part of the job is being able to cope when a resident passes or moves to a different location, however the best part of the job is getting to know the residents on a personal level and forming friendships with them.
i learned alot about how dementia affects people differently. co-workers are amazing, wonderful work environment. Hardest part about the job is loosing someone that you see and take care of everyday.
Pros
meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons
loosing residents
The team is very caring, the food is great and the activity schedule is ever changing and fun. Residents interact with staff on many levels and families are always welcomed.
Pros
Great team spirit.
Cons
CEO micro-manages everyone