Russell Hendrix Foodservice Equipment

Russell Hendrix Foodservice Equipment Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
Fun workplace, resourceful across the board. Family atmosphere.
If you want a fun place to work for, Russell Hendrix is the way to go. I always felt secure working there. The staff was so kind and motivated. It felt like one big family that cares about customer service and the well-being of its employees. Many good new challenges every day with fun customers. Never felt out of place or forgotten, the upper management made sure that i felt part of the team. They may be all across Canada but their love and respect for the french language is a detail to not neglect. It' a brand that knows where it is going and reflect excellence.
I was considered part time at 32 hours a week. I received no benefits.
I had been employed at Russell Hendrix 2 separate times, 2011-2012, and then again after 3.5 years where my job was a lead Baker. Then hired a 2nd time from January 2016- March 2020, when we were laid off because of the virus covid 19. Then were terminated after 4 weeks because this store location was permanently closing. I was treated quite fairly.
Use to be great, Now it's circling the drain. Will not last.
This used to be a great company to work for, family-owned for more than 70 years. the original owners sold it. The new owners do not know how to run a food service company. Management is consumed with infighting. The computer system is easy to use but slow and you will have no support when you need. The feeling is everyone is fighting to save their paycheck.
Good company to work
You have to be working hard,you have to learn new equipment every day.
You have to be willing to go school,

Gas fitter ticket,and understand electrical schematic,very important and learn refregiration . If you ready for that the company will support you.

Send you to Rational course,MDM course,Quest equipment.

Very rewarding,very good pay,good benefits.

Company growing all the time
profit driven, poor management, low compensation, no training, high turnover
company is profit driven. many management layers. employees are the least important. no training. lower end compensation for the role. the department manager is diving staff insane with unrealistic expectations. was fired in few moths.
Not a good workplace if you want to advance in your career
Management does not care for employees. Managers are full of ego and want to get their job done anyhow. I suggest you look for someplace where you will be valued. Do not waste time on this company.
Pros
Nothing much except good pay
Cons
Managers do not value employees
Dysfunctional Central
High turnover, gossiping supervisors with very few soft skills when it comes to handling staff and very little training, if any, which is unfortunately left up to fellow staff. This combination creates a toxic environment where unhappiness and stress are the results. Hard to believe that a 'management' team cannot see this. Look elsewhere....
Pros
Acceptable starting salary
Cons
Belittling management style, very low morale, brutal turn over
Productive and good vibe Monday at work
Great place and adequate management. Good people to work with, very helpful if you are new. Love it here as there are positive impact working in a team that help one another.
Pros
1 hour Lunch
Cons
No recognition
Challenging/enjoyable work
A large organization with lots of opportunity for professional growth. A stable industry and plenty of training opportunities. Great work-life balance and support from managers. The change of senior managers over the last year has been well received, with the organization trending in the positive direction.
Pros
Great staff
Do not recommend to work here
I would like to rate zero but can not be done here
no budget for resources; you are on your own.or like to learn as you go yourself, No raises, no bonuses,

they say about raise but it never happens

no competitive pay no promotions.

job is all labor job and tough but your job is not valued by management.

only other technicians are friendly and that is because we were in same shoe

Management Neglects their employees total disrespect toward employees

company offer a Company Group benefits package but you have to pay %100 !!! for it and you can get same coverage from somewhere else for half the price and if you say no than they mandate you to take it or you should leave
Pros
Cons
my review
One of the worst places I have ever worked. Avoid.
I would rate this a 'zero' or lower if Indeed would let me.

Absolutely zero initial and on-going training. Zero communication between departments. Sales team lacked any reasonable project organizational skills. Most couldn't figure out how to send a proper email never mind navigate the extremely easy-to-use but completely useless computer system.

As mentioned, awful computer system with, again, zero training and on-going training. The system is slow and you spend more time watching the hour-glass icon then you do actually working so efficiency is totally impeded. Tech support is some of the worst I've seen, might as well have been non-existent.

Most projects were rushed due to lack of organization and professionalism which caused delays, problems and unhappy clients.

Gross misuse of resources by management.

Departments hemorrhaging money due to lack of training and organization.

No raises, bonuses, promotions or even a pat-on-the-back or a 'good job' led to a complete downturn in workplace culture, staff morale and teamwork.

The department I worked in had some of the laziest, complacent, entitled people I have ever met and worked with. It's amazing that anything got done at all here.

Not recommended.
Pros
None.
Cons
See my review.
Great place to work!
I have been working at RH for some time now. I love that management encourages employees to apply and grow within the organization. If you are someone who likes challenges, who is committed and focused, you can accomplish a lot of things here.
Pros
work-life balance, growing opportunities
No training awful computer system. Poor tech support
Worked for 4 days, couldn't log on to computer even once, password provided didn't work. Point of sale is inefficient and not user friendly. Tech support could not help, customers complain every time. Terrible job, would not recommend.
Pros
Hour long lunches
Cons
Long hours, low pay.
Not a very good company anymore
Typical work day: 8am to 5pm
What I've learned: Lacking training but have learn a lot about kitchen equipment and restaurants

Management: Neglects their employees and is very sales orientated

Workplace culture: A lot of workers are very down and unmotivated it doesn't have the same teamwork feel anymore

Hardest part of job: Hardest part about working here is knowing how good of a company it used to be compared to now

Most enjoyable part: I like most of the people I work with
Pros
I like most of the people I work with
Cons
no advancement, no raises, no bonuses, benefits keep getting worse, poor management, lacking safety and high turnover
Zero training
I worked for a total of one week and walked out. They did Zero training for me and when the product was done incorrectly they got mad and handed me a broom and told me to stop welding and go push the "broom broom" total disrespect toward employees! Not recommended to work for!!
Pros
wages
Cons
management
Very large nation wide company with great pay.
I enjoyed my time with Russell very much. A lot of installs done which is a good way to learn new equipment. Pay was excellent and hours were hard, sometimes overnight or weekends Overall great company to work for
Pros
Great wages
Cons
Long Hours
Pain AND Gain
Ongoing turnover of rank and file staff, revolving door turnover at admin level; corporate merger/acquisition plans are a mystery with poor communication from immediate management; no formal performance metrics; poor/no budget for resources; one forward two step back way of doing things. Can be ok if you're a problem solver or like to learn as you go yourself, however lack of resources will keep you from progressing and demotivate you.
Pros
extended health; not micromanaged..yet; easygoing staff
Cons
lack of resources; corporate structuring induced pain
I love my job!
I do love my job. I have opportunity to share my ideas and my boss listens to my ideas. When the ideas are used it's a great feeling.

The benefits were recently improved and includes dental, eye glasses, physiotherapy. There is a fitness benefit and training benefit if you want take courses. I have not taken any courses yet but I plan to.
Pros
The people I work with are fun
Burger King have better pensions
Not the best place I ha e worked. Management very much out to lunch all the time. Way behind in wages, safety, training for staff.
Benefits are very basic and no pension or investment plans for staff.

One of the poorest organized companies when it comes to employee relations and management/HR.

Not recommended as wages are out dated and manangent treats staff poorly
Pros
None after 5 yrs
Poor management no training provided
Management is not hands on. Very very poor training provide if any. Managers have no experience in there own departments. No opportunities to learn new things.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Ok place to work but safety sucks
Not very safety oriented management doesbt comincate with employees very well hires teenagers right out of high school woth out aby forklift experinacre
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Russell Hendrix Foodservice Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6