Runnymede Healthcare Centre

Runnymede Healthcare Centre Employee Reviews

Canada46 reviews
Terrible Management, stressful environment, STAY FAR!
They pay well due to high turnover STAY AWAY!

The current manager of 3rd (L.E.) is the worst manager EVER. She is unapproachable, miserable and a liar. They do not support work life balance at all. You're obligated to Runnymede alone. No alt weekends of work, no benefits for part-time, poor nursing support, broken equipment and heavy patient load. On average the Nurses, OT/ PT, MD are ok. The morale is low and you have little groups that gather in the charting room and speak in their language. I wish I had left sooner!
6 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our nurses are an essential part of our team and we recognize and appreciate the amazing work they do to deliver excellent care. Over the past year we have undergone a significant amount of change as we’ve transformed our programs and our patient-focused service delivery model to better serve our patients and the community. We recognize that this has been a difficult adjustment for some and we’re sorry if this has resulted in a negative experience for you.

We’re working hard to provide a great experience for both our patients and those who work hard to provide them with excellent patient care. Your feedback is important as it helps us in our commitment to quality improvement. If you’re open to sharing more, please contact us at 416-762-7316, ext. 2102 or write to human.resources@runnymedehc.ca
Gift Cart/Administrative volunteer work
I had to price items on the gift cart, count the cash box and fill out cash flow sheet, and fill out inventory sheet.

Then, my partner and I would go to patients rooms and sell items. I would have to write cash receipts and give out change to them.

This was volunteer work.
Pros
They offered free lunch
Cons
It was tedious work in counting the money
27 May 2020
Thanks for sharing your volunteer experience, and thank you so much for generously giving your time and talent to Runnymede as a volunteer. We are grateful for the contributions volunteers make to our hospital – the work you do truly makes a difference and enhances the patient experience in countless ways. Thank you again for your support and feedback.
Run away!
A chaotic and stressful environment. Unreal nepotism: CEO has family members working all over.
It's shocking that a healthcare facility can be so disorganized.

Pay and benefits are good but that's only due to extremely high turnover.

Management is an absolute joke.

Avoid this place no matter what - believe me, you'll regret ever working here!
6 May 2020
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback; we’re sorry to hear that your experience at Runnymede was not what you were hoping for. The dedication of our clinical team is essential to the delivery of patient-centred care and we appreciate your efforts while you were with us.
Like all hospitals, we are currently going through an unprecedented time. We recognize that navigating the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic can be a stressful experience, and we’re sorry that you felt this way. We make every effort to foster a healthy work-life balance and make support services available to help staff cope with stress in their lives.

Runnymede is committed to quality improvement, so if you would like to share further feedback, please feel free to contact us at human.resources@runnymedehc.ca or call 416-762-7316, ext. 2102.
Poor management
Treat front-line staff as bottom level, very disrespectful. A lot of management doesn't have any related and professional background or experience. Very Stressful work environment.
6 May 2020
Thank you for sharing your perspective with us. Please be assured that our leadership and management staff go through a robust selection process and are very skilled in their respective areas of responsibility, and are committed to creating a positive work environment. We are sorry you feel your work experience hasn’t matched this.
Clinical team members like you go above and beyond to provide outstanding patient care, and work-life balance is an important priority. It is regrettable that you are finding your work environment stressful however please be advised that to support you we have an Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) in place to ensure support is always available for those who need some assistance with stressors in their lives. If you would like to use this resource, please call 1-844-880-9142. If you are open to providing additional feedback, please contact us at 416-762-7316, ext. 2102 or write to us at human.resources@runnymedehc.ca.
Horrible environment
The CEO is a bully, she manages with fear, humiliation, intimidation.. the turn over in staff is insane and no one speaks out against her. If your looking for a job dont look here. Try a company that fosters growth and treats its employees with respect. You wont find that here and working here will be detrimental to your future career growth. Its not worth the salary.
8 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate the valuable contributions that nurses like you make to patient-centred care at our hospital every day, and we’re sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your experience here.
Runnymede is committed to a respectful and positive work environment that includes supporting the growth and development of our staff. If you are interested in discussing the resources available to our staff or providing your thoughts about how we can improve, please contact us at 416-762-7316, ext. 2102 or write to human.resources@runnymedehc.ca.
Poor Place
Connie is a nut bar The place is run by her and her family and they make sure there taken care of on the public dime. Its a crazy place to try and start a career, the others work in fear of her
8 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. If you would like to provide further feedback on your experience as an employee with us please contact us at human.resources@runnymedehc.ca or call 416-762-7316, ext. 2102.
Horrible place to work
The place is horrible as per management who hires who they can bully and intimidation with threats. CEO have no idea how to manage. Government needs to step in and take over. The stake holders and CEO are greedy people
Care nothing about public.

This is a horrible place to work
11 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback; we’re sorry to hear your experience at Runnymede left you feeling dissatisfied.
Patients and families are at the centre of every decision we make, and our top priority is to meet their needs with safe, high-quality care. We couldn’t do it without the dedication of our exceptional team, and we’re committed to providing a workplace that enables staff to be their very best.

We’re proud of the respectful environment and opportunities for growth we provide to our staff. That said, we are always looking for ways to improve so if you are open to sharing your ideas, please contact human.resources@runnymedehc.ca or call 416-762-7316, ext. 2102.
CEO is terrible...
CEO should definitely go....she hires all her family in upper management positions. She rules by intimidation and is a bully, I worked there years ago, and it's terribly disappointing to see the reviews are still the same.

Stay away...
6 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your perspective. We value our respectful workplace culture and improving staff satisfaction is always a top priority at Runnymede. If you would be interested in sharing more with us please email human.resources@runnymedehc.ca or call (416) 762-7316 ext. 2102.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Runnymede Healthcare Centre?
Awful place to work
This place was stressful, you hardly get your breaks because you are overworked. Management is not understanding of health or family issues. They are always understaffed, no teamwork.
3 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, our nursing staff are an essential part of our team and we appreciate the amazing work that they do. Over the past year we have undergone a significant amount of change as we’ve transformed our programs and our patient-focused service delivery model to better serve our patients and the community. We recognize that this has been a difficult adjustment for some and we’re sorry if this has resulted in a negative experience for you.

We’re working hard to provide a great experience for both our patients and those who work hard to provide excellent patient care and we appreciate your feedback as it helps us in our commitment to quality improvement. If you’re open to sharing more, please contact us at 416-762-7316, ext. 2102 or write to human.resources@runnymedehc.ca.
Working at Runnymede
Runnymede Healthcare Centre is a highly stressful and toxic environment.

Changes in processes are not effectively communicated to either staff or patients. Patients become really irritated when they receive incongruent information from different care providers and don't know what to expect from their treatment.

This ruins trust between patients and care providers.

Working here may negatively impact your everyday well-being. It may negatively impact your professional life.

Salary is amazing.
2 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback – our therapists are an integral part of the interprofessional team at Runnymede and we appreciate the amazing work that they do. In the past year we’ve undergone an incredible amount of change as we revised our model of care to better serve our patients. We understand this has been a challenging time for some as we reconfigure how we work as a team and we’re sorry if this has resulted in a negative experience for you.
We’re committed to ongoing improvement and if you’re open to sharing more with us we would encourage you to follow up with you manager directly or if you prefer, contact us at 416-762-7316, ext. 2102 or write to human.resources@runnymedehc.ca.
to sum it up
great nursing staff, friendly outgoing and helpful. Poor upper management, implements policies without considering effects on staff. they don't care about the frontline workers only about money and results.
4 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback – our nursing team makes outstanding patient care possible at Runnymede and we appreciate the amazing work that they do. In the past year we’ve undergone an incredible amount of change as we revised our model of care to better serve our patients. We understand this has been a challenging time for some as we reconfigure how we work as a team and we’re sorry if this has resulted in a negative experience for you.
Fast paced environment
Stressful work place, could improve with team building. Clean work place and fast paced work environment. Small cafeteria with limited food and beverage choices.
26 September 2019
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We believe in continuous quality improvement, and the insights you provided will help us to further enhance and strengthen how our staff experience work at Runnymede. Our staff go above and beyond to provide outstanding patient care, and work-life balance is an important priority. As a result we have a variety of resources in place such as our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) to ensure support is always available for staff who may feel that they need some assistance with some stressor in their lives. If you are open to discussing this further, we would love to hear from you so please contact us at 416-762-7316, ext. 2102 or write to us at human.resources@runnymedehc.ca.
Terrible place to work
I really did not like working with Runnymede. It is a glorified retirement home, trying to be a hospital. Starting from the mode of transfer of accountability is ver shallow! The workload is overwhelming. The staff is mostly asian and international nurses which makes other people of different origin hard to settle. They were always communicating in their languages. The management seemed clueless of what is happening on the floors, also rude. They are not flexible with their shifts or accomodating. They expect you to be ready to pick up shifts at their every call.The workplace was not welcoming to me. I did enjoy the cafeteria menu but unfortunately they close at 2pm. The parking space is terrible you have to be on a waitlist to get parking. Breaks are missed. Overall, i would rate this workplace poorly. I wonder how people work there.
Pros
Good menu at cafteria, good hourly pay
Cons
Heavy workload, poor scheduling, poor management & appreciation of staff
23 September 2019
Thank you for providing feedback about your experience at Runnymede, and we’re sorry the time you spent here felt unfulfilling. We truly value our staff at Runnymede; their dedication and hard work makes our patient-centred care possible.

Runnymede is a rehabilitation and complex continuing care hospital that helps people recover strength and ability after injury or surgery. By providing a level of care that goes beyond what is available at home or in long-term care, we deliver the right care at the right time so patients can safely return to their lives in the community. We’re proud of both the diversity and exceptional performance of our staff – our 100% accreditation score in 2018 was possible because of their commitment to excellence, safety and an outstanding patient experience.

If you are open to discussing your comments further, please call us at 416-762-7316, ext. 2102 or write to us at human.resources@runnymedehc.ca. Thank you again for your feedback.
Please Stay Far Away
As a therapist, I would never recommend this as a place of employment to anyone I care about. This facility is based on a culture of fear. Colleagues and coworkers are great, and will be the only thing that gets you through on a daily basis.
Overly staffed with upper management while they increase the workload of therapy/ nursing staff

CEO manages on fear based mentally, there is a ton of nepotism throughout the facility and very unethical behaviour from the her that no one reports due to fear of losing their job (if you are unlucky enough to get a patient connected to the CEO in some way, get ready to be forced to drop everything to prioritize this patient over everything else and create treatment plans against your clinical judgement - or else you'll get called in for a personal visit from the CEO).

Individuals making decisions about therapy programming have no rehab background or competency; setting illogical, ridiculous hours not beneficial to staff or patients alike. (Full time therapists required to work evenings and Christmas day despite this not being an ideal time for patients, lunch breaks cut in half and staggered because staff were found to be 'socializing' too much during lunch... too much more to list).

If applying to a position there, get ready to have no work-life balance and an eventual mental breakdown. Stay far, far away
21 August 2019
Thank you for providing your feedback. We do our best to go above and beyond for our patients and staff, so we’re sorry to learn that your experience here left you feeling dissatisfied. We’re proud of the safe, respectful environment that we provide for our patients and staff, and we want to restore your confidence in us. In the past year we’ve made significant positive changes to the way we provide care so it focuses on more therapy time for patients. As a direct result of this we’re getting patients back on their feet and home to their families faster than ever before, which speaks to the excellent patient care we’re usually known for and we’re really proud of that.

We appreciate that this has resulted in changes for some clinical and non-clinical staff who are now required to work evening and weekend shifts and we understand that’s a difficult transition for some. If you’re open to discussing your comments further, please call us at (416) 762-7316 ext. 2102 or connect with us anytime at human.resources@runnymedehc.ca so we can share news about the work we’re doing to make Runnymede better than it’s ever been.
Poor working environment.
Coworkers are very supportive and collaborative. Management has been absolutely terrible. If you want an environment to grow and thrive, this has been polluted with terrible upper management. There is a lot of nepotism going on here as you can see the CEO is very well connected with some staff as she has a lot of her family members employed here.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, Ceo.
21 August 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We try our best to create opportunities for our staff to learn and grow and we’re disappointed to hear that was not your experience. We’re committed to ongoing improvement. If you’re open to talking to us about this some more, please email us at human.resources@runnymedehc.ca or call (416) 762-7316 ext. 2102.
Things to Consider
The toxic work environment, disorganization, and poor management of this hospital is not worth the excellent salary and benefits.

If you care about providing effective care to patients, this is not the place.
21 August 2019
Thank you for that feedback. We’re really sorry to hear about your negative experience at Runnymede Healthcare Centre. We’ve recently undergone a massive amount of change at Runnymede as we’ve redesigned our model of care to better serve our patients. We appreciate this may have been a challenging time of transition for some. Our goal is to create an excellent environment for both patients and staff and work to improve every day. Please email us at human.resources@runnymedehc.ca or call (416) 762-7316 ext. 2102 if you’re open to sharing any additional thoughts to help us meet this goal.
Inhumanity
In the healthcare field you expect humanity treatment for all. But It seems that’s not always the case. Dogs get better Recognition to fetch a bone than a Nurse saving human life... Nurse in general a great team player but management need to improve with their people skills.
Pros
Nurses are Great team player
Cons
Poor management people skills
21 August 2019
Nurses make the life-changing care we provide at Runnymede possible and we appreciate all they do for our patients and families. We’re very sorry to hear that was not reflected during your time here. Staff recognition is important to us, and that includes making a special effort to celebrate our nurses. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We want our nurses to feel valued. If there is more you would like to share, please email us at human.resources@runnymedehc.ca or call (416) 762-7316 ext. 2102.
Productive and Nice People
didnt work there but did my high school community hours there, meet a lot of nice and welcoming people, not signal bad day, they are all like on big family.
22 August 2019
Thank you so much for leaving a review and choosing to spend your volunteer hours at Runnymede! For anyone else who is interested in volunteering, please find out more on our website: https://www.runnymedehc.ca/work-volunteer/why-volunteer-runnymede
Poor Upper Management
Senior Management run the place and if they dont like you, they will find anyway to get rid of you. They try didnt restructuring models and end up back in the same place where they started. families are not happy, clients are neglected.
21 August 2019
Thank you for your feedback. In the past year, we’ve made significant improvements to the way we provide care. Our goal in everything we do is to benefit our patients and help them to get back to their lives sooner. We recognize this has been a difficult time of transition for some and we’re sorry to hear you’ve had a negative experience. We want to foster a safe and healthy environment for our staff and patients and we are committed to ongoing improvement. If you’re open to sharing more with us, please email us at human.resources@runnymedehc.ca or call (416) 762-7316 ext. 2102.
good working environment
friendly co-workers and good benefit,but work load is heavy. nurses are usually go for modify because of the heavy work load. The second floor staffs are very nice.
22 August 2019
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. We greatly appreciate our nurses and work toward creating the best work environment possible for our staff. If you’re open to offering us more insight, please email us at human.resources@runnymedehc.ca or call (416) 762-7316 ext. 2102.
Supportive Staff
Runnymede has very team oriented staff members which ensure that patients are receiving the best care. Management tends to not include staff members in decision making processes which can make work a bit challenging
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Runnymede Healthcare Centre. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9