Rubicon Pharmacies

Rubicon Pharmacies Reviews with Jobs

Canada24 reviews

Fun workplace

These pharmacies need support long term from pharmacists that will dedicate yheir career for this companyOnce such pharmacist is found then upper management needs to understand their value and promote them so that they can get involved in business decision and make them profitable

Collaborative, fun, good experience

I sold my pharmacy to rubicon and continue to work as a manager here. It is a wonderful company to work for, i wish that they had more stores where i live. The operations team, the HR, the staff are all helpful to work with. Great company! As a manager you are not bogged down with quotas etc , and it makes it easy to work for them.

Insights into Rubicon Pharmacies

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Nothing special. Don't expect to get paid well. Corporate usual nonsense.

After 3 years with the company, COVID hit and it was a very stressful and unknown time. After being re assured that anything I chose would be aupported...I decided I needed a couple days off for my mental health.After 2 days passed, I was told I wouldn't be allowed to take my vacation pay for any further days off for "COVID". Then was also told that IF I CHOSE to take any MORE days off, that my job "might not be here" when I returned.That was all I needed to know about this company. Way to treat your loyal employees during a global pandemic. Especially in a pharmacy! Also, a 23 cent/hr raise after 4 years is bullsh*t. Good job Rubicon. I will not be supporting you as a customer!

Pros

The people are great. They suffer along with everyone else!

Cons

Too many to put in this small space. Read above!

Good company to make your career with , your work stress based on location you work at. You have to collaborate with the other staff members. They should make front store staff totally independent from pharmacy staff.

Pros

Great benefit

Cons

Low salaries

Stressful, unappreciated

worked for about 2 years. learned a lot about pharmacy procedures. Management was awful in terms of how to choose the right candidates resulting in unqualified individuals doing nothing(mostly undergrad students, irresponsible), while others had to meet deadlines. rather than that neat place to work.

Front line staff and management great corporate management awful.

The front line employees and the store manager were great to work with however corporate treats all of their frontline employees terribly. They say they will review your wages every year in January but it’s been three years since they have done that. (That is three years without any chance of getting a wage). Every time someone from corporate would come by they would say nasty things to their front line employees and treat them no respect. The regional manager for my store is clueless most of the time on how to solve problems even though that is what their job is.

Pros

Great people to work with on the front line.

Cons

Poor corporate management.

Lots of opportunities for growth and collaboration

I have been with Rubicon since graduation and have been very rewarded by the opportunities in this company. They value innovation and invest in manager development, as well as provide opportunities for engagement with fellow colleagues. The company is open to feedback and positive change. It has been a very positive experience and I am continually motivated to grow in my leadership, as well as work with others in various specialty areas: LTC, clinical work, culture, leadership growth. There is a lot of focus on optimization, technology, patient care and special focus group work. Complete clinical encouragement and positive freedom to operate in the method that you see fit for your patients and community. Care before commerce is the mantra of the company and I couldn't be happier in a job! This company invests in their leaders and offers all to take Leadership Circle training, as well have pharmacists and managers participate in ambassador group projects.

Good

Very typical company Remotely operated Less onsite visits Very predictive Casual works Remote/ rural locations Pharmacy managers are the weakest in their judgments

Good company to work for

I have worked for a Rubicon pharmacy for about 4 years now. They have been great to work for. Although head office gives their pharmacists tools to succeed, they tend to stay out of the day to day operation of the pharmacy. Pharmacy tends to be a high paced profession and our store is no different. If there are issues at the store level, the company will try to find ways to help. No pharmacy company is perfect, but Rubicon tries to keep improving.

Fast Paced Community Pharmacy

Community pharmacy in small towns is a unique opportunity unto its self. Fast paced, stressful, demanding. This is the nature of the beast. Rubicon Pharmacies is supportive and allows for the best of everything. I have worked in the business for 18 years for multiple different corporate and private owners. No owner or company is perfect, however, when I reflect on other groups Rubicon is far superior in support, benefits and overall culture.

co-workers are awesome at the location I worked at.

The hardest part of this job was getting the management to acknowledge your ideas and suggestions. The benefit pkg for the location I worked at was sufficient for my needs but not sure if it would be for a family. All in all the location I worked at was a good place to work because of my co-workers which I still miss.

Supportive and collaborative environment

While other companies are cutting hours and wages, Rubicon continues to invest in its employees. The company truly embraces the attitude of care before commerce. I have worked for other big chain pharmacies, and I would never go back. I always have the support I need to be successful. There are lots of opportunities to collaborate and advance.

Fast paced, but enjoyable company to work for. team orientated company

Rubicon Pharmacies has a great benefits program and is a great company to grow and learn with. Employees that I have worked with are friendly and hardworking. Corporate has an open door policy and is always available to all employees.

Great Place to Work!

Great culture where I work with the most amazing professionals and pharmacy teams who are passionate about their patients and customers. Supportive and collaborative team environment and amazing co-workers. Benefits are new and greatly improved, and training available when needed.

Fast Paced Retail Business

Working for Rubicon Pharmacies is a Fast Paced Retail business in the Pharmacy and Front Store - It is always changing with the different Customers you meet on a daily basis - Working as a Team whether if you are in a Store or if you are in Management, everyone works together and supports each other - Rubicon has an excellent Benefits Program and is comparable in wages with other Companies.

Great Company with oppurtunity for advancement

Over the last 10 years I have had the pleasure of working for this company. They have provided great support to me when needed and have shown me that there is opportunity for advancement as well. Being that there are many stores in this company you get to meet and network with lots of great people across western Canada.

Great place to work!

Rubicon is a great place to work. I am not just a number here, my manager and co-workers about me as a person. New benefits plan is awesome. The culture is very family-oriented. I would definitely recommend working here.

Poorly run from corporate

The shop I was at was very poorly run and it wasn't even from the management on-site, even though that was a joke as well. The corporate offices don't care. They acquired a bunch of pharmacy locations and some have their focus while other, older ones, don't. They hired people who looked good on paper, or who were at least willing to move for them, but who had no previous experience so there's that.

Extremely Poor Management

The location I worked in was extremely unorganized and poorly managed. The two managers constantly fought. One manager was very clearly sexist and although many employees reached out to HR regarding how staff were treated, nothing ever come from it. DO NOT APPLY HERE. The turnover rate is ridiculous and the compensation is not worth your mental health.

Unorganised comoany

They hire you with promises then leave you, never fullfil thier responsibilities try always to give selly reason to not giving you your signed benefits in the contarct

Poor managment

The pharmacy I worked at in Saskatoon had very poor managment, including nepotism and the HR department didn't do anything to fix the problem. This caused most of the best employees to find employment elsewhere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rubicon Pharmacies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement