Rubicon Pharmacies

Less onsite visits

Very predictive

Casual works

Remote/ rural locations

Pharmacy managers are the weakest in their judgments
I have been with Rubicon since graduation and have been very rewarded by the opportunities in this company. They value innovation and invest in manager development, as well as provide opportunities for engagement with fellow colleagues. The company is open to feedback and positive change. It has been a very positive experience and I am continually motivated to grow in my leadership, as well as work with others in various specialty areas: LTC, clinical work, culture, leadership growth. There is a lot of focus on optimization, technology, patient care and special focus group work. Complete clinical encouragement and positive freedom to operate in the method that you see fit for your patients and community. Care before commerce is the mantra of the company and I couldn't be happier in a job! This company invests in their leaders and offers all to take Leadership Circle training, as well have pharmacists and managers participate in ambassador group projects.
I have worked for a Rubicon pharmacy for about 4 years now. They have been great to work for. Although head office gives their pharmacists tools to succeed, they tend to stay out of the day to day operation of the pharmacy. Pharmacy tends to be a high paced profession and our store is no different. If there are issues at the store level, the company will try to find ways to help. No pharmacy company is perfect, but Rubicon tries to keep improving.
Community pharmacy in small towns is a unique opportunity unto its self. Fast paced, stressful, demanding. This is the nature of the beast. Rubicon Pharmacies is supportive and allows for the best of everything. I have worked in the business for 18 years for multiple different corporate and private owners. No owner or company is perfect, however, when I reflect on other groups Rubicon is far superior in support, benefits and overall culture.
While other companies are cutting hours and wages, Rubicon continues to invest in its employees. The company truly embraces the attitude of care before commerce. I have worked for other big chain pharmacies, and I would never go back. I always have the support I need to be successful. There are lots of opportunities to collaborate and advance.
Rubicon Pharmacies has a great benefits program and is a great company to grow and learn with. Employees that I have worked with are friendly and hardworking.
Corporate has an open door policy and is always available to all employees.
Great culture where I work with the most amazing professionals and pharmacy teams who are passionate about their patients and customers. Supportive and collaborative team environment and amazing co-workers. Benefits are new and greatly improved, and training available when needed.
Working for Rubicon Pharmacies is a Fast Paced Retail business in the Pharmacy and Front Store - It is always changing with the different Customers you meet on a daily basis - Working as a Team whether if you are in a Store or if you are in Management, everyone works together and supports each other - Rubicon has an excellent Benefits Program and is comparable in wages with other Companies.
Over the last 10 years I have had the pleasure of working for this company. They have provided great support to me when needed and have shown me that there is opportunity for advancement as well.

Being that there are many stores in this company you get to meet and network with lots of great people across western Canada.
Rubicon is a great place to work. I am not just a number here, my manager and co-workers about me as a person. New benefits plan is awesome. The culture is very family-oriented. I would definitely recommend working here.
The shop I was at was very poorly run and it wasn't even from the management on-site, even though that was a joke as well. The corporate offices don't care. They acquired a bunch of pharmacy locations and some have their focus while other, older ones, don't. They hired people who looked good on paper, or who were at least willing to move for them, but who had no previous experience so there's that.
The location I worked in was extremely unorganized and poorly managed. The two managers constantly fought. One manager was very clearly sexist and although many employees reached out to HR regarding how staff were treated, nothing ever come from it. DO NOT APPLY HERE. The turnover rate is ridiculous and the compensation is not worth your mental health.
They hire you with promises then leave you, never fullfil thier responsibilities try always to give selly reason to not giving you your signed benefits in the contarct
The pharmacy I worked at in Saskatoon had very poor managment, including nepotism and the HR department didn't do anything to fix the problem. This caused most of the best employees to find employment elsewhere.
My typical day of work included opening the post office or front store cashier and ensuring that the cash count was correct in which ever position I was scheduled for for the day. Or end of the day cash out and closing.

My work environment consisted of a pharmacy, post office, gift shop and front store confectionery, and best part of job was to greet, meet and serve a diverse community of clients.

I have learned that treating everyone with Respect and dignity always brought positive and effective results. Win Win outcomes.

The hardest part of my position would be that I had to stand the entire 8 hour shift.
Pros
Access to staff discounts on all store merchandise
Cons
standing the entire 8 hour shift
Everyone that I worked with are very nice. The most enjoyable part of my job was the vast amount of things that I learnt and will be able to take with me to any place that I work at in the future.
I was dismissed due to corporate changes following a merger. Otherwise had a great time working there. Very challenging and interesting place to work .