RSA Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
Great corporate environment. Great learning experience. Created digital training content. Learned corporate software. Awesome downtown experience. Loved working there.
Compared to other places in the city of St. John's, the pay and benefits are second to none. It's just that getting there means you have to pass a very strict test. If you have a full-time job, maybe take some time off if you're applying for a claims adjuster position. Failing the test means you hit the streets without a back-up if you leave a job you're already at. Make sure you prepare accordingly.
Pros
Pay, benefits, office building
Cons
Tough barrier to entry
I was mistreated and should have taken legal action.
This is the worst place that I have worked and for anyone thinking about this place should think again.

Keep away
Having worked in both the Western Region (Calgary) and when the Mississauga Commerical Dept was in Hamilton, I can say that there are amazing people that work at RSA all across Canada. I had to leave to raise my family, but RSA was the best place I have worked and I wish I had continued my career there. Way ahead of their time with inclusion and diversity and the "team" mentality, as well as the home/ family/ work life balance (I think they originated "flex time") needed to make a company successful. Anyone who has the opportunity to work for RSA grab it and don't ever let go:)
Typical Downtown Culture. More talk less action. More documentation no implementation. big talk and no money. similar to all the downtown corporations.
Older reviews are true, RSA Canada used to be a great place to work for... Not any more!
Company keeps cutting heads, loading work onto existing, already overwhelmed employees. There is absolutely no direction. Transformation has been going for years and they must have lost a track of where the company should be headed. Executive management works in their favor only; not providing any honest communication to the rest of the organization. True talent leaves, because org culture is so poor. Benefits aren't that great either.
Pros
people
Cons
management
roomy work station
no one over you watching

good break time

nice group chats

good work hours

lots of tea n coffee stations

clean bathrooms

very diverse company
Management is decisive and supportive.

Technology is a little behind the curve, but we are adapting several new tools. Salesforce, MicroStrategy, JCL/FOCUS/Cobol/AS400 and Guidewire are all used internally.

BWOW (Better way of working) is strongly pushing for remote work.
Pros
Free coffee and parking in Mississauga
Workplace culture really team oriented.
Friendly co-workers all willing to help each other out.

Hardest part of the job dealing with stressed out clients and upset brokers.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
No windows
Worked in a Project based Environment creating new policies, amending and renewing old policies. Created daily reports that reviewed our productivity and analyzed system setbacks that our team encountered. Recorded team meetings, updates in system procedures and other projects our team worked on. Dealt with multiple policy conversions and policy reviews where our team notified other departments, finance and underwriting on policies that did not meet system protocols or needed to be reinstated.
Pros
create your own hours
Cons
Training provided is sub-standard with focus on 'lying' (withholding) important information from clients. Management not helpful in finding solutions only in pointing out problems. The 'Blame Game' is played on a daily basis and there is ZERO feeling of job security or possible chance of advancement.
Pros
Free coffee; The view
Cons
Management in position because of WHO they know
learned lots, great place to start working. management was ok. organization wasn't at it best when it came which to claims you were suppose to take and which calls would come throw on the q
The opportunity to work with a large global company on their corporate rebranding was exciting, and allowed me to gain experience and insights from offices around the world.
The company is a great place to work. Work on a daily basis was fast paced and exciting and gave opportunity to learn and progress in your career.
The company needs to give more information to their employees on changes coming into the industry in order to help tem improve on their skills and efficiencies within the business.
Pros
Great benefits, Great employee engagement, Great people!
Cons
Poor communication.
This was an excellent company to work for. The management team empowered their employees.
I had a lot of fun working for this company. They invested a lot into their employees and the team and management were always willing to help.
Lack of decision making of management. Very poor handling of situations arising. No integration whatsoever of new companies and very bad system (decision assist) which is excel based, unclear to say the least.
Too many managers, doing too little. Conservative risk selection. No team spirit as manager destroyed the original team spirit.

Unrealistic targets.
Pros
The view from the office
Cons
Poor and bad management
learn how to manage papers, how to claim Tax Return, how to do bank reconciliation, being social with co-worker and Customers
then most enjoyable part of the job is everyday keep learning new things and can help customers faster then i used to do at the starting.
too many politics and procedures
freindly staff

lots of different shifts
J'aime beaucoup le travail physique. Je suis bien chez RSA mais je préfèrerais un travail physique.
.A typical day at work consisted of: setting up claims over the phone, dealing with customers as well as different insurance company.

.I've learned a lot about the insurance industry.

.The management was great.

.Nice co workers, eager to learn.

.There wasn't really anything too hard to deal with at work.

.Learning and helping out customers were the most enjoyable part of the day.
benefits
Cons
sens of instability