RR Donnelley Employee Reviews

You are just a numbered employee
Controller (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON4 April 2018
Benefits keep reducing and pay increases do not keep up with inflation. Long hours are required and work life balance means nothing to them. You are treated like a number not a human being by management.
Decent place to work but cliquesh
Office Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2018
As per most places, there is a lack of people who know the work, people who think they know, and few who want to know. Lack of responsibility from most people.
Pros
Chilled atmosphere
Cons
Too many self important thinking people
Stressful, hard work not appreciated, too much HR involvement.
Product, Food, Home and Off Figure Stylist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2018
Paid salary and spent more time than desired beyond regular hours working to complete tasks. Studio manager was intolerant and did not appreciate extra work done and approving overtime.
Our department was the only one that apparently had no excuse not to complete their work. I thought it was unfair and reported my manager to HR when this topic came up in a regular
staff meeting. As well, other departments could surf on the web and do personal things but unfairly not our department.
Pros
Clean building
Cons
Unfair working conditions and penalizingHR department.
Fair pay and benefits
Employee (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 February 2018
Well fair pay and benefits but man oh man favoritism to the first degree and you have to fight for your rights, as the management will try to pull a fast one on you (lie in your face) to try to save a buck and they will pull a fast on their own management to hide mistakes.
other wise if you can handle being blamed for some thing you didn't do and the shady leader ship style its just the place to work for you
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
leadership and favoritism
Slow place to catch up with world
Senior Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 February 2018
The coworkers are nice. However company is hard to catch up with technique development. There is little growth opportunity. They have taken away anything perks that employees were given such as profit sharing, RRSP matching, Pension Plan, any and all employee functions. There is no Holiday party, no cards, bonus, nothing.
Fun Work place
Claim Procesor (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region3 January 2018
Good people
Excellent Management
Good Environment
Teammate are helpful with each other.
Very Generous management when it comes to commission and bonuses.
Bureaucratic management
Senior Administrative Executive (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region30 October 2017
Organization lacks experienced and competent leaders to manage the company and its employees. This is the same old fashioned BPO style that requires their employees to just work and work.
Many good fellow workers
Director Business Development (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 October 2017
RRD acquired my large format printing company but never really seemed to listen to me when it came to sales strategy for the type of customer list that I had built. Consequently sales were not what they were expecting or hoping for.
Workflow process was highly inefficient and projects were difficult to turn round quickly. Many customers fell be the wayside.
Pros
RRD bought my company giving me an exit strategy
Cons
Impersonal customer service with too many hurdles to get work done
People were pleasant to work with. Trained you well.
Materials Packer (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON17 September 2017
I enjoyed everyone I worked with, we all got along great.
Training was well done, caught on quickly. Always kept busy.
If I had any questions I wasn't afraid to ask. Enjoyed all the time I had until I moved to the city.
Pros
Friendly people. Good pay.
Cons
Night shift.
My experience
Digital Print Operator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 July 2017
Depending on seasons, you can have a lot of work or very little.
Usually vacations hours are used to take days off when there is little work.

The current management seems unfocused and unsure of what direction the company should take. This is natural as the industry is in an ongoing state of change.

Friendly co-workers make the working environment less dry

One of the worst parts of the job is when details don't match, (job to docket) not everyone is notified and when it is discovered, jobs are put on hold.

If you like working without being bothered much on the production floor, its here. You work with very little supervision which is nice. Occasionally, things will be communicated over through in person meetings.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, flexible hours.
Cons
Little advancement opportunity, Seasonal troughs.

Want to know more about RR Donnelley?

Ask a question
Horrible Management....very poor moral. People are over worked and under appreciated.
EHSQ Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ON21 July 2017
A typical day involves no direction but the expectation is that you just automatically know what needs to be done, where to find the forms or what ever you need at that time.
Sink or swim mentality from the management but all the employees work as a team very well. My theory is because everyone is in the same sinking ship and trying to make it better for each other.

No benefits
No retirement
Pros
Accomodating with family emergencies.
Cons
No future
Financial printing company
Marketing and Sales Administrator (contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 June 2017
RR Donnelley prints the financial public information for large companies such as IPO; Initial Public Offering. They also print marketing material for health care offices such as dentists and optometrists.

It is a small office, only nine people so that can be an advantage to work culture; you're not a number.

The hardest part about the job was having all your resources being in Toronto and the two hour time difference.
Pros
Annual corporate events you get to plan
Cons
Paper is dying out
production enviorment and deadline driven
Mark Andy Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON11 May 2017
very good place to work, good wages, climate controlled, on the decline lately due to new online applications, hopefully things turn around for this company
Administrative Assistant/Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON29 March 2017
Great pay

with the decline in forms and paper in society it always feels like a deteriorating business and not a growing business

Always worried about downsizing and plant closures
Pros
Good pay and hours
Cons
job security
Good experience
Clerical Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON15 March 2017
As a summer student for 3 years this was a great place to work. I worked in the factory days, afternoons and nights. My last summer I worked in the office as a general assistant
A great place to learn
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 March 2017
I learned a lot about managing a fast paced environment here. It was a great place to enhance my Project Management skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was visiting my client's store locations and seeing the work I'd done placed around the store. I really enjoyed having a visible effect on the world.
Copy Editor
Senior Copy Editor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2017
My job was odd in that it was all off-site. Some of the RRD people were fantastic and really dynamic fun people. But the corporate structure was, well, very corporate. Still, the salary was quite good and we had a lot of autonomy while the job lasted.
Ordinary work environment
Financial Analyst, Payroll Accounting (Current Employee) –  Vipond Drive, Mississauga, ON11 January 2017
The management needs to value each of its employees. Not much scope for upward movement. Low compensation compared to the reputation of the company. Management needs to look after the interest of all employees, not just the top level.
Pros
Not much of interference by management on day to day basis
Cons
Compensation low
A port in a storm
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NY3 October 2016
This was just a temp job through a temp agency, multiple times staff informed me I was only going to be there for a little bit. Im not a fan of sales but luckily all I had to do was correct orders. Typically I would come in, sit in a cubicle, put on a headset, and take phone calls from people who never got the checkbooks they ordered in the mail. I learned that if someone complains enough they get free things. My co-workers were ok, although I only had about 5 other co-workers so it was just the same small group every single day. The hardest part of the job was that I didnt really know how to work their computer systems that well and I had a lot of order problems that I didn't know how to solve by myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to sit all day long in a chair.
Pros
No physical activity
Cons
Zero Job Security
Easy work
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON24 September 2016
Work each day presented a standard set of required tasks that did vary in intensity and expedience depending on the requirements of the customers. Knowing how to optimize your time and apply the relevant skills to meet those requirements was a critical component of the job. I enjoyed organizing and coordinating the orders efficiently to clients' continued satisfaction.
Pros
Variety of tasks from simplistic to comprehensive
Cons
Weak management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RR Donnelley. Our community is ready to answer.