RR Donnelley Employee Reviews

nice enviornment
Final Inspection (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 August 2018
was a fun team to work with, was not a big group but extremely efficient, was very helpful, and the experience taught me a lot and i was constantly learning different things
Nice atmosphere for work
Electronic Print Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 August 2018
It is really fun working RR Donnelley for such a long time. Its now time to move on for better opportunity.If I will be given chance to serve other company then I will be greatful
fun workplace
Bindery Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2018
good job learned a lot about bindery good workers enjoyable enviornment have to work quick but can be done good hours clean enviornment easily to get along with others
You pay for your benefits
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Canada11 July 2018
Terrible benefits (they need to come out of your pay check), no bonuses or raises, no vacation carry over, you need to use them or you lose them. No respect in the workplace and no pride for what you do.
Fun workpalce
Projected Coordinator/TD Identity Products (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 April 2018
Excellent work environment. Management was fair. Enjoyed working with my team. At times, job can be stressful but always enjoyed going into work everyday.
You are just a numbered employee
Controller (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON4 April 2018
Benefits keep reducing and pay increases do not keep up with inflation. Long hours are required and work life balance means nothing to them. You are treated like a number not a human being by management.
Decent place to work but cliquesh
Office Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2018
As per most places, there is a lack of people who know the work, people who think they know, and few who want to know. Lack of responsibility from most people.
Pros
Chilled atmosphere
Cons
Too many self important thinking people
Stressful, hard work not appreciated, too much HR involvement.
Product, Food, Home and Off Figure Stylist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2018
Paid salary and spent more time than desired beyond regular hours working to complete tasks. Studio manager was intolerant and did not appreciate extra work done and approving overtime.
Our department was the only one that apparently had no excuse not to complete their work. I thought it was unfair and reported my manager to HR when this topic came up in a regular
staff meeting. As well, other departments could surf on the web and do personal things but unfairly not our department.
Pros
Clean building
Cons
Unfair working conditions and penalizingHR department.
Fair pay and benefits
Employee (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 February 2018
Well fair pay and benefits but man oh man favoritism to the first degree and you have to fight for your rights, as the management will try to pull a fast one on you (lie in your face) to try to save a buck and they will pull a fast on their own management to hide mistakes.
other wise if you can handle being blamed for some thing you didn't do and the shady leader ship style its just the place to work for you
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
leadership and favoritism
Slow place to catch up with world
Senior Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 February 2018
The coworkers are nice. However company is hard to catch up with technique development. There is little growth opportunity. They have taken away anything perks that employees were given such as profit sharing, RRSP matching, Pension Plan, any and all employee functions. There is no Holiday party, no cards, bonus, nothing.
Fun Work place
Claim Procesor (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region3 January 2018
Good people
Excellent Management
Good Environment
Teammate are helpful with each other.
Very Generous management when it comes to commission and bonuses.
Bureaucratic management
Senior Administrative Executive (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region30 October 2017
Organization lacks experienced and competent leaders to manage the company and its employees. This is the same old fashioned BPO style that requires their employees to just work and work.
Many good fellow workers
Director Business Development (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 October 2017
RRD acquired my large format printing company but never really seemed to listen to me when it came to sales strategy for the type of customer list that I had built. Consequently sales were not what they were expecting or hoping for.
Workflow process was highly inefficient and projects were difficult to turn round quickly. Many customers fell be the wayside.
Pros
RRD bought my company giving me an exit strategy
Cons
Impersonal customer service with too many hurdles to get work done
People were pleasant to work with. Trained you well.
Materials Packer (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON17 September 2017
I enjoyed everyone I worked with, we all got along great.
Training was well done, caught on quickly. Always kept busy.
If I had any questions I wasn't afraid to ask. Enjoyed all the time I had until I moved to the city.
Pros
Friendly people. Good pay.
Cons
Night shift.
My experience
Digital Print Operator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 July 2017
Depending on seasons, you can have a lot of work or very little.
Usually vacations hours are used to take days off when there is little work.

The current management seems unfocused and unsure of what direction the company should take. This is natural as the industry is in an ongoing state of change.

Friendly co-workers make the working environment less dry

One of the worst parts of the job is when details don't match, (job to docket) not everyone is notified and when it is discovered, jobs are put on hold.

If you like working without being bothered much on the production floor, its here. You work with very little supervision which is nice. Occasionally, things will be communicated over through in person meetings.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, flexible hours.
Cons
Little advancement opportunity, Seasonal troughs.
Horrible Management....very poor moral. People are over worked and under appreciated.
EHSQ Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ON21 July 2017
A typical day involves no direction but the expectation is that you just automatically know what needs to be done, where to find the forms or what ever you need at that time.
Sink or swim mentality from the management but all the employees work as a team very well. My theory is because everyone is in the same sinking ship and trying to make it better for each other.

No benefits
No retirement
Pros
Accomodating with family emergencies.
Cons
No future
Financial printing company
Marketing and Sales Administrator (contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 June 2017
RR Donnelley prints the financial public information for large companies such as IPO; Initial Public Offering. They also print marketing material for health care offices such as dentists and optometrists.

It is a small office, only nine people so that can be an advantage to work culture; you're not a number.

The hardest part about the job was having all your resources being in Toronto and the two hour time difference.
Pros
Annual corporate events you get to plan
Cons
Paper is dying out
production enviorment and deadline driven
Mark Andy Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON11 May 2017
very good place to work, good wages, climate controlled, on the decline lately due to new online applications, hopefully things turn around for this company
Administrative Assistant/Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON29 March 2017
Great pay

with the decline in forms and paper in society it always feels like a deteriorating business and not a growing business

Always worried about downsizing and plant closures
Pros
Good pay and hours
Cons
job security
Good experience
Clerical Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON15 March 2017
As a summer student for 3 years this was a great place to work. I worked in the factory days, afternoons and nights. My last summer I worked in the office as a general assistant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RR Donnelley. Our community is ready to answer.