RPS Group Employee Reviews

Assignment Associate Brookfield (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2018
The management team is great, the employees are fantastic
good opportunity for changes and advancement
great environment to work in very team oriented
Cons
shift work
Good money for field workers
Geological Consultant / Wellsite Geologist (Former Employee) –  Alberta6 May 2018
Good when they have work, slow when they don't. Geological consultants are well paid but only if they have work for you. On the job training provided for jr employees and good working conditions depending on the hiring company.
I enjoyed working in different place of the world
Well-site Geological Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alberta, BC, USA and Kurdistan1 February 2018
Very productive and fun in working in different place in the world. I learned to enjoy with multinational environment.

Some time working on-land, sometimes working at off-shore rigs, sometimes in the polar cold and sometimes hot desert location and often in hot humid tropical environment and I enjoyed working.
Pros
All travel expenses reimbursed
Cons
Some time away from family for extended period.
producitve and fun work boat with games to play after work hours, great people and great work
Marine Mammal Observer August (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 October 2017
I loved the people i worked with they were amazing and interesting and helpful, the job was a dream job I would love in the future. Hours were great and benefits were great.
Pros
free food
Cons
Not a good company to work for in Alberta
N/a (Former Employee) –  Cagary Ab8 January 2016
Horrible company to work for. The HR person is a tyrant that only works for the upper management and let the employee's be dammed. Run, Run far away
A very dynamic work environment
Wellsite consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 October 2015
Working in the oil patch involves driving to location, setting up for the job (tools, devices and computer) and coordinate with the team of specialists involved in the drilling process.
There are 12hrs shifts for a variable number of days (anywhere from 3 days to 10 days of being in remote location) and every day brings something new to the table.
I've learned to perform well under pressure, to communicate with supervisors/clients from town and other team members on location, to keep track of every single aspect of the drilling operation that is involved or can influence my job.
Hardest part of the job is the amount of responsibility the key moments during the drilling when the million dollar decision has to be made. But that same challenge is the main reason i love the job.
Pros
competitive paychecks, constant challenges, meeting wonderful people
Cons
long commuting, remote locations
Private corp
Lead Marine Mammal and Seabird Observer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 August 2014
This company has provided me with opportunities both domestically and abroad. Worth looking into.
It was a great place to work with a great boss
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 September 2013
It was a good Atmosphere I liked the peolpe I worked with .
the pay was good
Pros
Awesome boss
Cons
job was only temporary
Accounting Analyst for Consulting Division
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 July 2013
I was an Accounting Analyst for the Canadian Consulting Division.
I dealt with over 25 Engineers and did the accoutning for over 150 ongoing projects.
The day involved a number of different tasks from entering accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciling hours for all consulting staff for billing purposes, reconciling accounts receivable and payable, opening new acounts, closing completed projects as well photocopying, organizing and filing all documentation.
The hardest part of the job was learning all of the aspects of the job with a minimum of support and training. The most enjoyable part of the job was that each day was a new challenge and opportunity to learn new tasks and be a meaningful part of the accounting team.
During my time with RPS I fell I truly added value to the position and made a major contribution to improving the documentation provided by the position.
Pros
I enjoyed the breakfast they profided for us each Thursday morning, the monthly birthday parties etc.
Cons
I was put into the position with very little training or support