RPI Consulting Group Inc

RPI Consulting Group Inc Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
4.2Pay & benefits

The gold standard of healthcare staffing in Canada

I've worked at a lot of staffing companies in a number of different industries in Canada, and I can say without hesitation that RPI is widely regarded as the best in healthcare recruitment for a reason. I had a background in staffing so it was pretty easy for me to get used to the recruitment system they use here, but I could see it being tough for someone who's never worked in the field. But if you stick with it and work hard, there's no limit to how well you can do here.

Pros

Tight-knit team, excellent management, great compensation

Cons

Occasional weekend work, can be competitive at times

A tough start, but ultimately a very rewarding workplace

I admittedly came to work at RPI with next to no experience in staffing services, or even in sales - to say I was nervous was an understatement. Luckily, RPI offers a pretty rigorous training program when you first come on board, and while it can be tough to adapt to the work setting and ultimately achieve success, it's possible if you stick with it. The pay (including benefits and commissions) is fantastic, and I'm really glad that I stuck it out.

Pros

Amazing compensation, supportive management, great training

Cons

Difficult to adapt to at first

A place to grow and take the next step in your career

I was initially skeptical about working at RPI, as I didn't have a lot of experience in staffing services (healthcare or otherwise), but having been out of work for several months due to COVID-19, I decided to give it a try. I needn't have worried - the team at RPI is fantastic at making sure you get comfortable with the job, and in the event that you're having difficulty, they'll work with you to help. And that's great, because once the job 'clicks', there's really no limit to how well you can do. If you're looking for a steady job that could become your career, this is a great place for it.

Pros

A close team, great pay and benefits, steady work

Cons

Occasional Saturday work, can be hard to get adjusted to the job

A difficult and rewarding job that creates strong bonds amongst co-workers

For starters, there's no point in sugar-coating it - this can be a tough job, especially if you haven't worked in staffing services before, and you definitely have to possess a certain degree of mental toughness in order to succeed.With that being said - the staff is so friendly and helpful that even if you're having trouble adjusting to the environment, you'll always have someone willing to lend a hand. It's rare to see that in this industry, and it's the main reason why RPI stands out.

Pros

Great co-workers, excellent compensation

Cons

Difficult to adjust to, occasional weekend hours

Hire you for the lowest pay as possible

They are honest.All they look for is to find somebody to do the job for the minimum charge do they are commissioned better off.Cheques might take 1-2 weeks to be in hand.

Pros

Job opportunities

Cons

Low rank pay

Fast-paced work with a tight-knit team

I've worked in similar environments to that of RPI, and one thing I can say that sets this place apart from the rest is the sense of teamwork that you have. At its core, this is a staffing business, and so there is a certain degree of competitiveness - but the team here is so close that in general, you won't find yourself competing, but helping your fellow employees. It's a great change of pace from other similar companies.

Pros

Teamwork, great pay + benefits

Cons

Weekend hours from time to time

A solid place to start your career

Based on my headline alone, you might think that there's no room for growth or longevity at RPI. Nothing could be further from the truth - but my point is that if you're looking for a place that can potentially jump-start your career in healthcare staffing, or just recruiting in general, this is a great place for it. The team is tight-knit, management truly cares, and you'll develop skills that can help you in all walks of life.

Pros

Outstanding holiday parties, camaraderie amongst your co-workers, great pay and benefits

Cons

Work can be tough at first, occasional hours on weekends

Making a difference during COVID-19

Since being hired at RPI 2 years ago, I've had some ups and downs, but on the whole have enjoyed the job. In 2020, with the COVID-19 pandemic happening, the work we do here has become even more important - we're helping ensure that long-term care facilities, pharmacies, and hospitals are fully-staffed, which is obviously a key thing during this difficult time. Even on days that are tough, I can take comfort in the fact that we're making a difference here.

Pros

Keeping healthcare facilities staffed, great pay and benefits

Cons

The occasional weekend hours, but this is rare

An evolving workplace

No day is the same at RPI. There was always something new to work on. Good pay. Pretty convenient to get to by TTC. A reasonable kind of place to work.

Good communication

However the lack of permanent placement and wage increases due to contracts made advancing all but impossible. Most pharmacies using this service pay a higher wage but RPI takes a portion of that for their operating costs, making the assistant's wage subpar.

Pros

Diverse work on a contract basis

Cons

Lack of wage increase or benefits.

Jobs at RPI Consulting Group Inc

See more jobs

A tough, but rewarding, company to work for

Off the top, RPI isn't for the faint of heart. It's the epitome of a sales environment through and through, so be prepared for a fairly aggressive workplace (not directed to you or any other employees, but just in general). The upside, of course, is there's virtually no limit to how much money you can make and how high you can climb the ladder if you're willing to put in the work and not be lazy. It also helps that you're essentially working in the healthcare/pharmaceutical sector, so your role is an important one.

Pros

Great team, good salary + commission, feel like you're making a difference

Cons

Aggressive/loud environment, occasional weekend work, tough to deal with if you're not mentally prepared

Good connections

Give lots of shifts Good pay after you prove yourself Good communication skills Good electronic system Sensitive personal Bringing good offers from different employers

RPI group should be RIP group

Like used car salesmen they promise every thing is great and then when you receive your over priced lemon they claim you should have known better. They lock their pharmacists into convoluted unfair contracts they don't understand themselves. They accomplish this by making all kinds of verbal commitments that they don't fulfill and hide behind the cheap excuse that it's not in the written contract after work is completed and compensation deserved never comes. There most common excuse is the age old classic "the cheques in the mail" when in fact no cheqeu has been written. Furthermore they pretend that their corporate policies supersede common and statute law and use every devious tactic they can conceive to coerce the pharmacists. Unless you plan on spending more on lawyers then you'll ever see from them don't get involved with these...whats the right word...Leeches of the medical world. Don't trust their smile they have vampire teeth right behind them.

Pros

Big Promises

Cons

They urinate in your face and tell you it's raining

Stopped answering their calls long time ago

After 3 shifts with them I decided not to accept any offers from them again. Rates are extremely low. Staff were not friendly and not telling the truth.

Pros

New graduates and IPGs can gain some experience by working with them for short period.

Cons

EXTREMELY low rates

Fast-paced, challenging, and ultimately rewarding

Let me state this right from the start: working at RPI isn't always going to be a picnic. It's a sales environment through and through, so you can expect a lot of aggression and pressure to make phone calls and close deals. But at the end of the day, if you've done sales jobs before and you know what to expect, RPI is an absolutely fantastic place to work. The base salary is decent, but the commission is out of this world - you'll make more money here than you ever thought possible. On top of that, management is amazing, and your co-workers will always help you out in a time of need. It's a very, VERY tight-knit place to work, and that's very important.

Pros

Great money, awesome management

Cons

Some work on evenings/weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RPI Consulting Group Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2