RPI Consulting Group Inc logo
RPI Consulting Group Inc

RPI Consulting Group Inc Employee Reviews

A tough start, but ultimately a very rewarding workplace

I admittedly came to work at RPI with next to no experience in staffing services, or even in sales - to say I was nervous was an understatement. Luckily, RPI offers a pretty rigorous training program when you first come on board, and while it can be tough to adapt to the work setting and ultimately achieve success, it's possible if you stick with it. The pay (including benefits and commissions) is fantastic, and I'm really glad that I stuck it out.

Pros

Amazing compensation, supportive management, great training

Cons

Difficult to adapt to at first

A place to grow and take the next step in your career

I was initially skeptical about working at RPI, as I didn't have a lot of experience in staffing services (healthcare or otherwise), but having been out of work for several months due to COVID-19, I decided to give it a try. I needn't have worried - the team at RPI is fantastic at making sure you get comfortable with the job, and in the event that you're having difficulty, they'll work with you to help. And that's great, because once the job 'clicks', there's really no limit to how well you can do. If you're looking for a steady job that could become your career, this is a great place for it.

Pros

A close team, great pay and benefits, steady work

Cons

Occasional Saturday work, can be hard to get adjusted to the job

A challenging and rewarding workplace

Prior to working for RPI, I didn't have a lot of experience with recruiting, and even less so with healthcare. I've always prided myself on being a quick learner, though, and with the help of RPI's management team, and my co-workers, it didn't take me long to fall into the groove. It's a difficult job at first, especially if you're like me and didn't know what to really expect. But I'd urge anyone to stick with it, because in the end you really feel like you're making a difference (especially during covid) and the money you can make is frankly pretty awesome. You do need to achieve results in order to see it, though.

Pros

A close team, good management, pay is great

Cons

Steep learning curve, can be stressful at times, very occasional weekend work

A difficult and rewarding job that creates strong bonds amongst co-workers

For starters, there's no point in sugar-coating it - this can be a tough job, especially if you haven't worked in staffing services before, and you definitely have to possess a certain degree of mental toughness in order to succeed.With that being said - the staff is so friendly and helpful that even if you're having trouble adjusting to the environment, you'll always have someone willing to lend a hand. It's rare to see that in this industry, and it's the main reason why RPI stands out.

Pros

Great co-workers, excellent compensation

Cons

Difficult to adjust to, occasional weekend hours

A good, secure place to work during the pandemic

I was lucky enough to be hired by RPI at the tail end of 2019, so just a couple of months before the COVID-19 pandemic hit. When the office shut down and we were forced to work from home, management was very understanding and patient with the team as we all transitioned to the new environment. And since then, we've all been able to perform our jobs with essentially zero issues - and it's an important job during a difficult time, to boot.

Pros

Making a difference in healthcare, understanding management team, great commission and pay

Cons

Occasional work on weekends, can be tough to find applicable candidates from time to time

Hire you for the lowest pay as possible

They are honest.All they look for is to find somebody to do the job for the minimum charge do they are commissioned better off.Cheques might take 1-2 weeks to be in hand.

Pros

Job opportunities

Cons

Low rank pay

Helped me find work when I was in desperate need

Like many people, the COVID-19 pandemic hit my family particularly hard, and I found myself pushed out of work at the nursing home I'd been employed in for 7 years. After learning about RPI and the services they offer, I contacted with little expectations of success - but I should have been more optimistic because the had me working in another nursing home within days. It's fantastic to know that there's a resource out there for nurses and other healthcare workers who are in need of employment

Pros

Account managers are friendly, very communicative, great results from the start

Cons

None to speak of

Fast-paced work with a tight-knit team

I've worked in similar environments to that of RPI, and one thing I can say that sets this place apart from the rest is the sense of teamwork that you have. At its core, this is a staffing business, and so there is a certain degree of competitiveness - but the team here is so close that in general, you won't find yourself competing, but helping your fellow employees. It's a great change of pace from other similar companies.

Pros

Teamwork, great pay + benefits

Cons

Weekend hours from time to time

Real camaraderie and a sense of teamwork

The main thing that has stuck out to me over my 2+ years at RPI is the sense of camaraderie that exists within the office - and not just between the regular staff (Account Managers, etc.), but also between the managers. There is a real sense that we're making a difference in the healthcare industry, especially in 2020 with the COVID-19 pandemic, and it causes everyone to want to work together and be helpful in an environment that can also be very competitive. It can be overwhelming at first, but stick with it - there's a real sense of accomplishment and togetherness that comes from working here.

Pros

Great teamwork, awesome amenities in the office, random gourmet lunches

Cons

Occasional weekend hours (though minimal), and often very loud in the office

A solid place to start your career

Based on my headline alone, you might think that there's no room for growth or longevity at RPI. Nothing could be further from the truth - but my point is that if you're looking for a place that can potentially jump-start your career in healthcare staffing, or just recruiting in general, this is a great place for it. The team is tight-knit, management truly cares, and you'll develop skills that can help you in all walks of life.

Pros

Outstanding holiday parties, camaraderie amongst your co-workers, great pay and benefits

Cons

Work can be tough at first, occasional hours on weekends

Jobs at RPI Consulting Group Inc

See more jobs

Making a difference during COVID-19

Since being hired at RPI 2 years ago, I've had some ups and downs, but on the whole have enjoyed the job. In 2020, with the COVID-19 pandemic happening, the work we do here has become even more important - we're helping ensure that long-term care facilities, pharmacies, and hospitals are fully-staffed, which is obviously a key thing during this difficult time. Even on days that are tough, I can take comfort in the fact that we're making a difference here.

Pros

Keeping healthcare facilities staffed, great pay and benefits

Cons

The occasional weekend hours, but this is rare

Stay away. Do not contact them

They are initially pleasant when they contact you. However it’s quite evident they are untrained entry level workers following a script. They are not prioritizing you. They don’t call you back they’re focused on their finders fee and that means the employer is their client. Which means undercutting YOU to make their clients happy. Don’t expect much. Do not even expect basic human decency as a position through them did not work out and the RPI rep called back and essentially was rude I simply hung up

Pros

Easy. Low barrier access

Cons

Undercut your pay. Rude. Might as well ask and then apply directly.

Worst Communication

Very Unprofessional. They are very rude not licensing even not understanding. They need they improve their offers and their communication skills I advise against working with this company

Pros

answer calls

Cons

rude

RPI helped me make a difference during COVID-19

The COVID-19 pandemic created a lot of uncertainty in my job situation, and I was forced to leave my RPN role due to unsafe work environments caused by the virus. I came across a job posting by RPI that was calling for COVID-19 screeners, and it said that RPNs were the ideal candidates for such a job. Now I feel like I'm making a difference and ensuring that various workplaces are safe and secure - I quickly test anyone entering various businesses and determine whether they show and symptoms of COVID-19. It's hard work, but meaningful, and I enjoy it greatly.

Pros

Make a difference, flexible hours, good pay

Cons

On your feet for hours, not everyone is willing to be tested, etc.

I made lifelong friends in this job

I've never been in a workplace before where I made such long-standing connections with my co-workers and management. I fit right in and had the time of my life closing deals for our clients. In the end, the only reason I moved on was because I was going back to school full-time.

On the Front Lines of Public Health Projects

Our efforts were directed towards treatment of patients in long-term care and public health emergencies and I'm proud at how positive of an impact we made in communities across the country. Management was always very clear in their communications with me, supporting my professional development and educating me on the nursing sector of healthcare.

An evolving workplace

No day is the same at RPI. There was always something new to work on. Good pay. Pretty convenient to get to by TTC. A reasonable kind of place to work.

Great boss and competitive work life

I really admire everyone who I had the chance to work with here. There was a convivial atmosphere and they all had the right priorities when it came to getting the job done. The boss is very fair and reasonable, which made work much easier.

Excellent opportunities to advance and grow professionally

The pay is what initially drew me into working at RPI. I've earned well in my role as a recruiter and been able to work in the exciting, fast-paced world of healthcare recruiting. If you work here, you will set yourself up for career-long success! It can be a challenge to get used to the pace at first, but within a few weeks I felt like I had really grown as a person.

Good Company

i liked RPI team so much as they are professional and highly motivated call center are amazing and has a lot of opportunities for new graduate pharmacist that gave me a lot of good experiences

A workplace that values clients and candidates

I think the thing I enjoy most about this job is that you can spend time and effort nurturing your accounts and see the long-term benefit to the client and yourself. In other account management positions, it would be much harder to earn what I'm making, but ultimately the recruiting team's work and the reputation of our company make it a really great work opportunity. Sometimes it can be challenging to find candidates for jobs, but if you persevere it pays off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RPI Consulting Group Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2