Royal York Property Management Employee Reviews

Pay is a Joke
Property specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2019
Their property specialist position states 40-60 annual salary- what they don't tell you on the job description is that the salary stated is inclusive of base and commission whereas your actual base salary is close to 20k per year, yes you read that right... 20k
My role is so easy
Junior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2019
If you are in accounting, you definitely should work here. The pay grade is awesome and the amount of work you do as a Junior Accountant is very minimal in comparison to the big 4 accounting firms
Pros
The company culture is fantastic
Great company operating procedures
Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2019
I have worked at over 7 different companies, and the amount of SOPs at RYPM stand above all. They literally have EVERY process in the company documented for future reference. Love the managers desire to help.
Training is outstanding!!!!
Property Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2019
The ongoing training helps me stay ahead of the curve. Overall rewarding work. Management is willing to assist you with any problem. Great working experience.
Pros
High quality onboarding program
Cons
Targets need to achieve
Managers are there to help
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2019
Great office atmosphere. You never feel alone or lost, the managers are there. The biggest piece of advice I can give future employees is never be afraid to ask questions. You will never learn if you don't ask.
Great experience so far
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2019
It’s been an amazing experience so far and I feel lucky to have landed an opportunity. The people I work with are top notch and they truly understand property management. I love how hands-on I can be for our clients and really feel like this is a career at this point and not just work. I can see that there is a lot of growth and so it becomes very chaotic at times, However, more business is good all around
Pros
I’m excited about going into work every day.
Cons
It becomes very chaotic at times
Best place to nurture your experience
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2019
I am glad to be a part of this company, where honesty gets first priority. The seniors are always ready to discuss your ideas and visions.Quick career growth
Pros
Attractive incentives.
Cons
You are expected to take responsibility for several simultaneous projects
Robust career growth
Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2019
It is a place of ample opportunities, particularly for real estate. It is a young company which really helps when it comes to teamwork. Strong work ethics.
Pros
The pay is good.
Cons
A fast-paced work environment.
Busy Office
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2019
As a receptionist on a typical day I couldnt even count the amount of calls and appointments that are being made. From the time I step in at 9 am until I leave at 6 pm you always have something to do. I love learning new things and Royal York always has opportunities for that.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Parking
Challenging Work Place
Junior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2019
If you are looking for a job that will offer you consistent work and sometimes give you a good challenge this is the place. In the same day of trying to put tenants into new units, sometimes you get 2 people wanting the same place so you need to find something comparable for both!
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Parking downtown isnt easy
Productive and fun work atmoshphere
Relocation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2019
A typical day for me never lets me be bored. I get to see different areas of Toronto showing different units and meeting lots of new people. Being a relocation specialist with Royal York lets me learn about the property management industry. I look forward to the growth opportunities afforded to me.
Pros
Meeting new people and steady work
Cons
Parking at the office
lead generator
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2019
great leader and co-workers, everyone were helpful and willing to provide help. Daily work was not hard and repeating. Need focus and efficient type of working spirit.
Start-up environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2019
Work here if you like to be in a start-up like environment. They are growing quickly and they take on a number of properties each week. You need to be willing to be focused and get things done. It is not a laid-back workplace.
Productive Work Environment
Junior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2019
Great place to learn about property management. Great work environment, open and inviting. Management is always available for questions and happy to teach. Training is great bootcamp to get up to speed of who they are and what they offer. Work life balance is perfect!
Pros
Great Training
Cons
No Parking
Great Work Place
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2019
Always kept busy there is never a day you just sit there twiddling your thumbs. I get to see all different areas of Toronto and have seen some nice condos. The initial training is the best. The management is always available for questions and fellow employees are always friendly and helpful
Pros
Great training, attentive managers, new learning experiences every day
Cons
no free parking
Great Work Place
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 December 2018
I received all incoming calls and greeted guests coming in to meet with property consultants or relocation specialists. I also assisted with any necessary clerical duties. I learned to be more professional in demeanor. Management was most understanding and courteous. The co-workers were all pleasant and a joy to be around.
Pros
Great training, attentive managers, new learning experiences every day
Cons
no free parking
Leasing Specialist
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2018
Good company to gain experience and great training. Great career growth started in the call center and was promoted in only 3 months. The work to life atmosphere was perfect and co-workers were always freindly.
Pros
Good company to gain experience and great training.
Cons
Parking was hard
Best company to work for
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2018
They are the industry leader in property management. RYPM is a tried and true, solid company with an employee centric workforce. If you are looking to be with the best this is the place for you.
Pros
Training is very thorough, colleagues are friendly and great to work with, management is ready to help if you need
Rewarding job!
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2018
I learnt a lot from this company, I am always busy and challenged. Coworkers are very friendly and the company was always fair and willing to work with you. The best part of the job was helping the tenants fix there problems. Anything from plugged dishwasher to electrical wiring.
Pros
Always something to do, exceptional training, great co workers.
Great Work Environment
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2018
This company has a steady stream of career growth. I started out working in the call center and as I got more comfortable within the company I was moved over to marketing department. The training is the best I ever had, the material provided was clearly thought out. The work and life balance is clearly there.
Pros
Great office atmosphere, great training, great location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal York Property Management. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7