Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre Employee Reviews

Very top down, dictatorship-style management culture.
Leadership (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 April 2018
Managers are not valued but put under enormous pressure to meet upper management sometimes unrealistic expectations. RVH and CEO look great on paper, but at what cost to middle management to produce such outcomes. Toxic culture in leadership. Front line staff and care are great.
Pros
Wages, benefits
Cons
Terrible culture
Management does not support their staff
Clinical Registered Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 April 2018
Management does not support their staff and stand-by, as staff are bullied by their colleagues. Felt micromanaged. Can be a very unproductive place to work -not much room for advancement.
Fun work Environment
Practical Nursing Student Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 March 2018
I spent multiple placements at the Royal Victoria hospital throughout my schooling. They offered a variety of learning opportunities with supportive staff members that help deliver the best care to their patients. management treated me with respect even though i was only a student and all resources available to staff were also made available for myself.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Long Hours
Some areas have really great staff members to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 June 2017
Typical schedule is 7-7 either day or night. They offer many educational opportunities,some even paid for by the organization. The hardest part is dealing with management or staffing, sometimes they just don't get it.
Pros
Free Gym at work site
Cons
poor vacation scheduling
Great co workers
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 June 2017
Proud to be working there. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. My day consists of being assigned to a clinic (gyne, plastics, ent, cysto or gen surg) and running my day like a clinic.m along side the MD. We typically see about 20 patients per 8 hour day
Pros
Ability to pick up extra shifts
Cons
Full time hard to get
very helpfull employee and the best team leader ever
Medical lab assistant technician (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 November 2016
excellent atmosphere to work and very helpful team leader of course too much patient but vary from day to day but all in general excellent place to work .
Great Place
Rotary Lodge Clerk (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 June 2016
Overall it has been a great place to work and I enjoy the clients that I see on a daily basis. It has been a great place to grown and develop as a person.
Pros
Clients
emergency
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 August 2015
I enjoy working under pressure and getting the job done been compassionate and getting the best treatment to patients.
providing extra mile to make them feel comfortable and and ease also the responsabilities when you are drawing blood from a patient after surgery or quimiotherapy
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not hiring