Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre

Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre Employee Reviews

Iv learned how to communicate better with sick people. And be in a environment like this. I've created good relationships with my employees. I've got trained I'm every area.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
I love working at RVH it’s an amazing place and such great colleagues to work with. I feel very respected and see how the values of the organization really impact the care we provide.
Pros
Everthing
Cons
Wage could be better
I was a co-op student at RVH as well as an ER volunteer. Overall I can say that the establishment was very organized, and the staff members treated the volunteers and students with respect. I would recommend to a student interested in healthcare.
Was so happy to start working there, but then....you're told to CARE. MY CARE values are so different then what they want to you to care about. Because they dont actually want you to care. They thrive on intimidation.you can't stand up for yourself.
Very hard to make a living as most positions are part time and older staff refuse to retire. The kitchen has a serious bullying problem with a handful of the regular staff bullying the part time staff. When brought to supervisor and manager’s attention nothing has improved. Before being hired was told I would be working in the kitchen but actually spend half of my shifts working in the dish room I have been passed over to be trained in kitchen opportunities for less senior staff
RVas easy been the worst place that I have worked at in over a decade. I put many years into this place and sonority really wasn't taken into account for new positions. They accept externals instead making nurses feel trapped, unsatisfied, resentful and disloyal. They also will hire family members with no experience over those who do have experience. I brought this up both to management and HR and it got me nowhere. I have been MUCH happier since quitting.
They care nothing about employees , especially if you are an injured worker. Patient to nurse ratio is inherently unsafe placing both at risk. Staff turnover in some departments is excessively high, reflective of the poor moral.
Very fast paced work environment. Learning new skills daily. Staff and management are amazing, hours are good, competitive pay, great HOOP benefits, lots of room for further career development.
Great work environment, flexible office hours, great staff, very accommodating with needs, great pay. A little bit of turn around within staff, but overall great experience.
-24/7 facility -variety of shifts; 8/12 hours -diverse staff -numerous opportunities for advancement -excellent salary and benefits offered -high volumes of patients seen
RVH was a fantastic placement to utilize spiritually-integrated psychotherapy. Fantastic supervisor, great team to work with (and to consult on tough cases), I really could not have asked for more. The hardest part for me was having to leave due to my partner being posted.
Pay is ok for what we do, but getting time off is almost impossible Employees are great management is not so great Having a pension at the end is why most people work here
Pros
pension and pay
Cons
cant get time off
Unacceptably long waits and staff to do not seem to care about their paitients. Understandably so, it’s a hospital serving many people, BUT there is no reason as to why patient's should be treated without respect, courtesy, etc. I've seen many negative online reviews about this hospital, and from personal experience I just didn't enjoy my time I spent doing my clinicals here
Amazing staff, atmosphere and patient care. It is a privilege to work with dedicated professionals. I look forward to coming to work each day and helping my team grow.
I work as a Phlebotomist at RVH. It's an amazing place to work. Management is very supportive of staff. Workload is getting heavier though and sometimes it's understaffed. Coworkers are lovely to work with and always willing to help out when they can. RVH just needs to hire more Phlebotomists for the laboratory and it'll be 5 stars.
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
Workload to employee ratio is too high at times
Excellent place to work and learn with structure for management. Lots of levels of meetings and there is a process for every detail. Excellent procurement structure
Pros
growing workplace
Cons
I work with an excellent team of professionals. Many opportunities to move around within the organization. Everchanging and advancement in technology and pratices.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . understaffed, lacking positive staff morale between poor leadership and staff cliques bullying,
I'm an Anesthesia Assistant at RVH and I love it. Our role within the OR is well developed and allows us to use a variety of skills within our scope of practice every day. Not only is the role great, but our entire Anesthesia department is wonderful to work with daily. They appreciate our help and utilize us frequently in a variety of areas in the OR and out.
Many of the jobs that once paid a wage have been shifted to volunteer work. RVH takes on ~800 volunteers and they expect you to do a lot. Great to enhance communication skills and initiative however often student volunteers would not be acknowledged (they would plan barbecues and events for the volunteers on the first day of school instead of a weekend).
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
unpaid work
hard to advance career here fun, busy atmosphere good options at cafeteria great co-workers wonderful patients hardest part is seeing other people advance when they kiss up