Royal University Hospital logo
Royal University Hospital

Royal University Hospital Culture reviews

Clear

Productive fast paced environment

A typical day at work in the ER was fast paced, The staff on were always supportive and the management I had was fantastic! The hardest part of the job was the shiftwork when my family was starting to expand.

Amazing!

I would work here again! It is a great enviroment and the work place is comfortable and secure. Great stafff and benefits! My favorite hospital in edmonton so far!

Major Hospital in Saskatoon

I enjoyed working in RUH chemistry lab. They have competitive salary and great benefits. I love the fact that the test menu is very wide and the work is very diverse. Over all, as a new graduate, I enjoyed learning and working at RUH.

grear place to work for

the management and the people are nice. I like how helpful the other staff are. There's a union as well, so you feel safe from abuse from other staff or mistreatment.

Cons

Tax deductions is very high

Good patient nurse ratios with good support staff

Very good place to work. Great management and good support staff. Got to self schedule and my leave of absence was granted with no concerns. Break times were planned well

Pros

teaching hospital so great medical staff involvement

Ruh

RUH is a very busy place, but great care is given here! Management is very helpful and work hard to protect the patients and workers. The employees at RUH are all co-workers and work together as a team, making the experience beneficial for clients and patients.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Long Hours

Excellent Teaching Environment, great students

Taught Special Care Aide students for six hours a day. Primarily First Nation students. Also supervised students in Long Term Care settings for eight hours shifts. Learning about First Nation culture and tradition was great. My co-instructor was great to work with, providing support to each other. Hardest part was seeing students struggle with personal issues while trying to keep up with the course. Best part was how proud the students were when they passed the course. My coordinator was very supportive, letting me make most of the decisions but stepping in when necessary.

Pros

working with first nation students

Cons

the course was contract work, year to year

I learned how to be a team player and challenge myself in my work. I had great co-workers and management. I love working with people and the clients were great.

Pros

Great People

Cons

Pay for parking