Royal University Hospital logo
Royal University Hospital

Royal University Hospital Employee Reviews in Saskatoon, SK

Nursing Stdent

As a nursing student it was very educational and the nurses were very helpful. The hospital was always clean and tidy in the hallways, and equipment was always stocked.

Good workplace

It is a pleasant workplace. Offers a good benefit for you and your family and dependents. Parking is a challenge.

good atmosphere for work

Royal University hospital is an acute care hospital with 450 beaded hospital, facility includes modern equipment, adult and pediatric treatments, obstructive gynecology etc.

Productive fast paced environment

A typical day at work in the ER was fast paced, The staff on were always supportive and the management I had was fantastic! The hardest part of the job was the shiftwork when my family was starting to expand.

Good benefits. Very good people to work with.

They offer good benefits. Managers are easy to deal with. Though other employees feel superior especially if you are still a trainee. Parking is a problem as you need to pay for it everyday.

Amazing!

I would work here again! It is a great enviroment and the work place is comfortable and secure. Great stafff and benefits! My favorite hospital in edmonton so far!

Present Provincial Government is unkind to Healthcare workers

Understaffing makes for a stressful work day. Healthcare workers have been asked to take a cut in pay. Staff are generally unhappy and this leads to conflict at the workplace.

Great Place to work

Where I worked, it was a very busy environment. I worked 12 hr shifts. The department was a 365/7 days a week. My managers were great! They trusted in our abilities and were confident in our decision making. The job required problem solving, liasons with charge nurses, ward clerks, patients, doctors, clinical coordinator, all departments. It was a small department (about 40 staff). We all had to work as a team. It is a great department, awesome co-workers that all have become like family. I would say the hardest part of the job was walking away for a break, knowing your co-worker was being inundated with phone calls. We rarely took breaks, just because of that.

Pros

Great Place to work

Cons

Parking!

Nice co-workers.

I worked at this place for a very short time before my husband was transferred back to Winnipeg. I worked in their small outpatient pharmacy, with a couple of really helpful pharmacists, I learned a lot about compounding from one of them!

Pros

Nice facility

grear place to work for

the management and the people are nice. I like how helpful the other staff are. There's a union as well, so you feel safe from abuse from other staff or mistreatment.

Cons

Tax deductions is very high

Good patient nurse ratios with good support staff

Very good place to work. Great management and good support staff. Got to self schedule and my leave of absence was granted with no concerns. Break times were planned well

Pros

teaching hospital so great medical staff involvement

Ruh

RUH is a very busy place, but great care is given here! Management is very helpful and work hard to protect the patients and workers. The employees at RUH are all co-workers and work together as a team, making the experience beneficial for clients and patients.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Long Hours

Many updates and upgrades are still needed in this hospital

Upgrades are ongoing but many more are needed to get this hospital to the levels of other big, tertiary, metropolitan hospitals. Overall, a great place to work at because of the enthusiasm of the staff.

Pros

doctors are great

Cons

no free parking for staff

Working at an extremely busy job.

My work was the same as at St Paul's Hospital. I am a people person and enjoyed working with the public. It was a very stressful position as we were the front line in Emergency. I did Clerk work along with doing the floor work. Such as stocking, ordering supplies, and portering patients to the wards and for tests. I learned to relax in chaotic circumstances and how to laugh with the staff. The management was fairly good as running an ER is a very hard trying to keep the staff and patients happy.

Pros

The income and Meeting people

Cons

Long 12 hour shifts

Excellent Teaching Environment, great students

Taught Special Care Aide students for six hours a day. Primarily First Nation students. Also supervised students in Long Term Care settings for eight hours shifts. Learning about First Nation culture and tradition was great. My co-instructor was great to work with, providing support to each other. Hardest part was seeing students struggle with personal issues while trying to keep up with the course. Best part was how proud the students were when they passed the course. My coordinator was very supportive, letting me make most of the decisions but stepping in when necessary.

Pros

working with first nation students

Cons

the course was contract work, year to year

I learned how to be a team player and challenge myself in my work. I had great co-workers and management. I love working with people and the clients were great.

Pros

Great People

Cons

Pay for parking

Productive and fun workplace.

I enjoy working in the hospital. This job is very important to me and gave me an opportunity to continue my education because of flexible working hours.

Pros

good benefits and good working environment

Cons

no parking

Good

Enjoyed.Good place for placement.Would reccomend without hesitation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal University Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2