Royal Roads University

Royal Roads University Employee Reviews

Canada26 reviews
Royal Roads University
Great place to work, supervisors are wonderful. Relaxed pace, unionized. Everybody is kind and helpful. Highly recommended. Will start you at part time. Night shifts only.
Engaging and productive place to work
Facilitated learning through lectures, seminars and workshops. This entailed lots of legal research and regular evaluation of students' performances through assignments and examinations.

Overall, a great place to teach. Also good to interact and learn from students while engaging them in intellectual discourse and research.
Productive and fun work place
It is a collaborative environment where staff support each other and promote further development. They are many opportunities available for training and support.
Safe environment and warm people
I love the fact that they don't believe in micromanaging and give the person a chance to explore and really shine. Every department works in collaboration towards making events successful!
Great Student job
A great place to work while attending on campus programs. My role in student engagement allowed me to network on campus and build intercultural communication skills outside the classroom.
Work as an associate or adjunct part-time
Great campus and interesting work space.
2 year masters program

no benefits as associate and adjunct

enjoy the students and program

opportunities can be found
Tour Guide
good experience to work there, very beautiful work experience and good people to work with. The salary is also good. People who visited there was very attracted to the views.
Excellence in matching Strategist to student, both needs and goodness of fit.
My experience with Royal Roads University, as a contracted Academic Strategist was excellent. The manager of the Accessibility programs was excellent in supporting myself and students. She made efforts to choose best fits for students and to support contractors in having enough work to be able to stay long term with Royal Roads.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Royal Roads University?
people are friendly
Everyone is friendly and the classes are fun! Jobs are not heavy and I enjoyed the time along with professors and students. It is a good memory for my working.
Excellent Campus and great faculty
I m a student here since 2017 and a full timer since 2018. Being a part of RRU's cohort based learning community has introduced me to the challenges of working in peer groups with diverse caliber and professional backgrounds while improving my networking skills.
The classroom environment and course delivery is structured to mimic real work place situations. Working under such circumstances has helped me to complete projects within tight deadlines, develop positive work attitude and enhance my soft skills along with the completion of a rewarding program.
Pros
Beautiful scenic location, amazing professors and friendly teaching and non teaching faculty, pro diversity.
High pace multi-tasking role
The role was excellent, but the leadership was not. I loved working with the students and the professors. It was a challenge to work for the manager. The University was a fantastic place to work, however, which made up for it.
Pros
Many on campus perks for staff
Cons
Long hours and huge work load
Great organization
I have worked at RRU since January 2016 and am consistently blown away with the quality of students and the amazing people who work there. I am also a graduate of the university and proud to now work for them.
Pros
Great work
Cons
No cons
Rru
Royal Roads University has a great working atmosphere with really nice and smart people. They encourage healthy work environment and there to help if needed. Positive people and interesting projects.
Pros
People, location
Cons
Career movement
Exceptional, collaborative learning environment
Excellent environment for adult learning and continuing education. AN ICF accredited program, Royal Roads University Executive Leadership Coaching Program one of Canada's leading programs.
good people
good place to work .the people make the job . work load is high but you know you have done something by the end of the day that you can fell good abought. some managers are over bearing but thats there job to some point . but over all it the staff that make it a fun place to work
Depending on the day and the people
As many institutions are, RRU is a bit backwards in the processes due to the number of people involved in the decision-making process. The salaries are fair-to-high for the work required and depending on the area you work in, some of the people are amazing and really dedicated to higher education and supporting students. Others, however, are completely nonsensical and plain rude. It wouldn't fly in a private sector company, but for some reason it's okay because they are faculty (although not all are). There is little incentive to do well and, if you do excel, no reward for doing so.
Pros
Lovely campus, good benefits
Cons
Crazy people, politics, silos
Some serious organizational concerns but a beautiful campus
Lack of organizational planning and policy implementation seem systemic. Some lovely people in the RRU community, but overall lack of accountability in managers and directors.
Interesting enviroment
RRU is attempting to put into place a Project Management Office. Most of the staff is inexperience at running real projects. The environment is overly sensitive and quick to criticize.
Pros
Dedicated people
Cons
Some resistance to change and overlysensitive environment.
productive
I learned how the books process done in library from when we receive it from the publisher.
Organized task every time I work.

Friendly co-workers and comfortable environment

I didn't find anything hard in my job.

My enjoyable part of my job are:

Reporting the daily sales

Helping students and staff

How to process the books in the system
Pros
meeting new people, great colleagues
Cons
On call not a part time job
An exciting and beautiful place to work
I learned a lot making the transition from Journalism to Communications. I was given great and increasing responsibility over my years there, but advancement was the biggest challenge, as I was only two levels down from the Vice President and advancement meant the continuing role of Director, which was eliminated when my direct report was let go suddenly. A new structure meant I reported to an Associate Vice President and it became clear to me after nearly a year that advancement was not in the cards. So I left to pursue my own consulting practice. This went well until I was hired at Northwest Community College a year later. I found nothing difficult at this position, the location was amazing, and the people were largely great. Upper management was challenging, but mostly because there were challenges at the very top. Those challenges continue to plaque this great little university. I'm happy to have moved on. I was also encouraged to teach, which was a significant complement to my professional experience.
Pros
The most beautiful university in Canada - Robert Bateman on CBC Television
Cons
Constant change in strategic direction, year to year, despite a clear planning cycle
Wonderfully committed staff and fabulous HR team
Wonderfully committed staff and fabulous HR team. Great programs with a can-do vision.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Roads University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2