Royal Pizza Employee Reviews

Fun environment, Great people
Server/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 May 2017
Shifts are usually 3-6 hours.
Learned how insane people are about pizza, equally so, met some cool people.
Hardest part, is working evenings and weekends. Hard on the schedule.
Pros
staff meal, tips
Cons
evening and weekend shifts
Fast pace environment
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta29 May 2017
One of the best places I had experienced working. They were really busy, the quality was excellent, and the staff was amazing. I was able to best utilize my skills and learn more daily.
Pros
lunches
Felt like a second home
Waitress/Hostess/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2017
Great place to work if you want something easy going, can get busy on weekends and lots of big resevervations.
Staff all got along for the most part and management was always there when you needed.
Schedules were made to everyone's liking
Always enjoyed working there even on slow days
Pros
Good staff, good food and overall nice working environment
Cons
The uniforms
fun
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB28 April 2017
it was a great place to work till it shut down, the manager was really nice and the pizza was really good, definitely worth eating at. i loved how easy going everyone was
Great People
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 April 2017
I loved working there. Meet cool people and had fun working. First job i had where i actually wanted to go. The only problem was I got sick and had troubles contacting the Owner or a manager. Then the owner got mad at me for not calling in after i left many messages with other staff thinking they would let him know. To be honest i think they were over staffed and i was last hired so they were waiting for me to mess up to fire me. But overall a great place to work. just dont get sick.
Pros
free meal, great people
Cons
owner not right in head
Fun workplace
Kitchen/Frond End Manager (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2017
Working here is like a second home everyone is like family, we all get along. We are always there for one another through all the tough times, do not get me wrong their are some difficult days in this occupation but when we all stick together it makes it go by a lot easier.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing customers expressions with our friendly customer service. One thing I always remember is treat other the way you want to be treated.
Pros
Good pay, Good Management
Cons
Stressful enviornment when busy
productive fun good pay
great staff
good co workers
nothing was hard
good managment
from morning too night work was good
Terrible Management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 July 2016
Most co workers were very nice and friendly people. Made friends very easily, supervisor of the front of house was lazy and treated other employees badly. I was not able to take time off when my mom was hospitalized, this led to me quitting due to the disrespect. Got half off most of the cheaper food but still had to pay full price on more expensive meals and if you came in off duty. Recently installed security cameras after a break in, but employers used the cameras to spy and stalk employees at work. 10/10 do not recommend working here!
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Cannot take any time off
Wonderful bosses, very flexible in scheduling
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2016
i learned how to consistently kept a clean and safe environment by adhering to all federal, provincial and local sanitation and safety requirements. Ensured smooth kitchen operation by overseeing daily product inventory, purchasing and receiving. Followed proper food handling methods and maintained correct temperature of all food products. Established and maintained open, collaborative relationships with the kitchen team. Set up and performed initial prep work for food items such as soups, sauces and salads. Prepared for each shift by placing a clean cutting board and utensil bath at workstation. Displayed a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members. Correctly and safely operated all kitchen equipment in accordance with set guidelines. Built and fostered a team environment.

Co-workers were all very kind, and productive workers that helped foster a team-based environment

The hardest part of the job itself is dealing with the stress that relates to the food industry itself. For example, if you haven't had a break for 4 or 5 hours and you need one, only that you can't because there is still large rush of orders that you have to make. Mind you, this rarely happens because the managers will always try and give you a break when you need it.
Pros
Free Meals, bosses are fantastic/understanding, scheduling is flexible
Cons
very few times you cant have a break, but it almost never happens.
fun place to be in
Cashier/Cooker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 August 2015
I learned time management ,I also learned how to effectively communicate with customers in a proper way
the most enjoyable part was making the pizza and taking orders
Pros
fun place
very good job
cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 July 2015
was a very good job because he always had work to ANYONE starting from the preparation post was the customer service and END CLEAN What made me go was that I was not PERMANENT RESIDENT Canada you can get information from the manager at email: wcalvert @ royalpizza.ca
fun work place with effective hard work but freedom with owener
Sales representative and customer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 June 2015
sales representative and janitor. i learned to communicate good with customers and keep the place clean and general aspects of the job. my co workers are also hard workers and students which makes it easier for us all. the good part of the job is being free with everybody.
fun
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB18 December 2014
great people and food
good work environment
good managing staff
good fair hours and salary
It is an amazing workplace full of great workers and they really make it worth while
Pizza Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB21 May 2013
Personally I learned a lot. I know Sherwood Park like the back of my hand. The management is amazing. Really nice people. The co-workers are the same. There really isn't a hard part of this job. But the most enjoyable part of this job is definitely the driving :)
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No Cons
Great Work Experience
Waitress/hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2012
Worked evening shifts about 5-7 hours a day and 4-5 times per week.
Started out as a hostess and then began as a server.
Enjoyed working with fellow employees and working with customers.