Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre logo

Canada38 reviews

Clear
4.1Pay & benefits

Productive Workplace

Opportunity for advancement, fair working conditions. Co-workers are friendly, grounds are kept up well, worker safety is important. Overall, a good place to work.

Friendly co-workers and clean environment.

I worked over-night shifts on a casual basis. The over-night hours were very hard on my body. I very much liked working with my co-workers. The work could be stressful at times.

Pros

Great pay.

Cons

Unreliable work. On-Call work. Stressful around patients.

great place to work

its a very demanding job. Steam boilers very old and needed many repairs. Many patients walking the hallways. Days went buy fast as always busy.

Love my Job

I enjoy my job at the Royal Ottawa, find the staff and co-workers "for the most part " easy to get along with , it defiantly feels like a team environment. I find our new boss fair and very understanding , although I have heard that many bosses come and go from the Royal and im unsure about the stability of my position. Being part-time means I am only garenteed every second weekend and for this reason I need to find a second job

Pros

extremely good pay

Cons

extremely low hours

Great learning experience, wonderful facility

A typical day at work involved multiple perimeter patrols of both the inside and outside of the facility. Whenever a code was called security was to be one of the first on scene. I learned quickly to prioritize and work as efficiently as possible. The management team worked really effectively with the security team to make sure the facility was secure at all times. My co-workers were great and very easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job was knowing that at any second you could be thrown into a volatile situation. The most enjoyable part was helping people.

Pros

great facility

Jobs at Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre