Royal Oak Village Employee Reviews

Terrible management staff to resident ratio
Hca (Former Employee) –  Lacombe, AB11 September 2018
The management is terrible. The staff to resident ratio is 1 hca to 12 or 14 residents, so you are run off your feet trying to give the residents the best care they deserve. They have a terrible help alert system, so you can't get to the residents when they need you. Management are terrible, like I said already, but you cant talk to them, they are unwilling to take any opinions or answer any questions, the answer to everything is "it just is dont question it." All in all it's a terrible place to work or put your loved ones in.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything else
I love my job
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Lacombe, AB11 September 2018
I love working at royal oak. The residents are amazing, staff is friendly and management is supportive, welcoming and they value they’re employees.
I have never felt so welcome or supported at a job before. I would advise anyone to apply at royal Oak and come join our amazing family.
Pros
Friendly, loving, team work, valued
Cons
I have no cons
Super Job
Recreation Coordinator/Aide (Former Employee) –  Lacombe, AB14 September 2017
Love this place! Great coworkers and friendly residents. The job descriptions and interviewers are not the best, the actual working experience is way better than I thought it would be.
Great residents to work for and take care of
Full-time Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Lacombe, AB8 April 2016
The residents are great at this facility but the management needs great improvement. Staff are friendly and helpful. Management does not show enough support and seems unappreciative of their staff. Very hard job as the work load is heavy and not enough staff.
Pros
great residents
Cons
not enough support from management, talks down to staff
work
Breakfast Cook/ Prep cook/ Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, ON11 February 2014
-Could be more productivity and organization
-Unfortunately the norm is hearing "that's not my job"
-hardest part of the job is that the hours are getting cut but the same amount of work is expected to be done with the same time originally given
-Co-workers are good considering the situation of being over worked and underpaid
-Management team also good considering what they are given to work with from head office
Pros
The residants
Cons
not enough hours
hardworking person and flexible any kind of job i can work even cleaning or cleaning, looking older or children
carer/ caregiver (Current Employee) –  toronto, on3 July 2013
I work any time day or night, flexible time. I learned how to deal with different people. How to managed different attitude and deal with different behaviour. In work, it should have a team work and communication to achieve the goal. The most enjoyable part of job are being part of care of elderly, from care thru end of life.
Pros
break with pay
Cons
n/a