Royal Oak Pub Employee Review

View all Royal Oak Pub reviews

experience with the oak
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  wellington st. ottawa24 April 2018
enjoyed the challenge , would most likely go back and work for the rest of my career. I like working with the organization because they take the time to know their staff.

Other Royal Oak Pub Employee Reviews

Great environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 September 2018
I really enjoyed working for the Royal Oak company. There are so many different locations in Ottawa and it's great getting to know everyone within the company. I started at the brand new location and we had an amazing team.
Awesome company to work for
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  KANATA, ON7 August 2015
Great company. I have learned a lot over my 20 years of employment. Salary has always been fair, as well as perks and benefits. I started as a server/bartender, and was quickly promoted to assistant manager and then general manager.
I arrive at work at 9 am on a typical day. I calculate end of shift cashouts and float checks and balance books. Perform a manager walk to check for operational issues and set up bar. Most managers working for this company work 3-4 serving shifts a week. I get the pleasure of serving people from 11am to 6pm... Essentially get paid for making people feel welcome and "at home".
I have learned inventory and cost control, yearly budget projections and how to handle difficult situations calmly and effectively.
Hardest part of the job.... Covering for people with a poor work ethic. Best part of the job... Making peoples day a little better. A lot of lonely people come to bars/pubs... If I can make them comfortable and bring a smile to their face then I have been successful.