Royal Machine Solutions Inc. logo
Royal Machine Solutions Inc.

Royal Machine Solutions Inc. Employee Reviews

Small shop environment, with lots of variety of work

A small shop environment where you know everyone you work with, and can learn something new everyday. If your willing to put in the time and effort to learn new things and prove your worth there is lots of room for advancement. Day to day tasks vary from running a Cnc machine to going to a job site and everything in between, You are rarely doing the same thing 2 days in a row.

Great place to learn new skills in a variety of work environments

I enjoyed the variety of work across several industries including food, recycling, paper and manufacturing. It was interesting to have access to a lot of different equipment in the shop that I wouldn't otherwise have exposure to. I also had the opportunity to work with some great people both within RMS and customers outside the company. I learned a lot in my time at RMS. Completed work was held to a very high standard, which was a good opportunity to build a detailed oriented skill-set and be able to provide very high quality products and services. In return, this meant the work was challenging and stressful at times.

Pros

Wide variety of work; something new every day

Cons

Demanding work, stressful at times

Great Place to Learn and Grow!

I worked at RMS for the last 2.5 years of my apprenticeship, and I loved my time there. I can honestly say I had a very fulfilling and educational experience in the short time that I was employed there. The opportunities that presented themselves to me were apparent as soon as you look around the shop. RMS is a very well equipped shop. I wouldn't consider the people that too advantages of the equipment here to be your average Millwright. During my time here, I was able to learn how to use and run the following machinery: shears, brake press, finger brakes, CNC waterjet and plasma cutters, CNC router table, CNC milling machines,CNC lathe, Tig Welding AC/DC for multiple materials and Fusion 360 modelling and programming software. While I may not have been an expert in all of these areas, I got to be very well versed in a very short amount of time. All of these machines were offered by the owner to be used on personal time, which benefited both the owner as I got better at things, and my self included as I completed many personal projects using the equipment provided. Because of this personal ambition that I had, the jobs that I was able to be sent to and my responsibility increased in the shop and in the field, which also in turn increased my pay level. RMS provided the freedom to learn as much or as little as you personally wanted to, but thats not what working here was all about either. RMS's wide variety of clientele basically guaranteed that you were going to be doing something different every week, which made the days go by fast, and provided a sense of accomplishment -

Pros

Wide variety of work, and very well versed set of equipment available to you.

Cons

Some long days, physically demanding work at times

Good place to learn

Contracting is challenging and physically hard work. I enjoy the challenge and the variety. There has never been layoffs because we can do so much. That being said it’s a challenge some days because of the new tasks assigned. There are definitely easier places to work but if you like variety of work and want to keep learning new things that’s what keeps me interested. This is a newer company so expect some growing pains time to time.

Pros

Variety and interesting work

Cons

Challenging and fast paced

Not recommended

Management is a joke and run like a dictatorship. Nothing is ever done right without being criticized. If you enjoy being treated like you're an idiot regularly this is the place for you.

Disorganized and unstructured place to work

Disclaimer: By no means is this review an attack at the company or any of its employees. This review is meant only to aid in the decision of young professionals considering working for RMS. Poor working conditions and environment: The office is poorly organized, the air quality is extremely poor due to lack of ventilation and air circulation, heating and AC was presented in the form of a crummy AC unit and a dinky radiant heater which proved to be insufficient even for a single room. Little to no company structure: There are no managers or superiors at RMS, only the owner. Everybody reports to the owner and is assigned tasks by the owner in a dictatorial fashion. Due to this, expect little to no personal growth or advancement in the company. Suggestions and concerns go unheard: Providing suggestions or concerns prove to be futile as they will either be ignored or shrugged away and not taken seriously. Yet the owner likes to ask new hires about how he should treat other employees when they make mistakes. Provide false promises: Upon being hired or during an interview you may be promised certain things or given hope that if you prove yourself they will be "shoveling money into your car". This is simply not true, any arrangements made with RMS should be taken with a grain of salt as they do not honor their arrangements made with employees. Inadequate work equipment: The computers that are in the office are not taken care of well and lack the performance required to carry out daily tasks as assigned. The mention of computers being replaced was heard -

Worst place ever

The owner is just a bad person to work for. He has personal issues he takes out on his employees . He likes to use rhetorical questions to insult you. Its basically work place harassment , dont work here

Great work life balace

I highly recommend this company, the work was always interesting, and the days went quickly. The straight day shifts they provide made it easy to maintain a work life balance unlike the shift work I was performing before hand.

Pros

Good work - life balance

Cons

demanding work

A good place to learn

I enjoyed my time here the work was interesting and the crew was a good crew to work with. It provided me a good opportunity to learn and great instruction.

Pros

lots of variety of work, and a great opportunity to learn on the job. Good co-workers.

Cons

Fast pace work and challenging jobs.

Jobs at Royal Machine Solutions Inc.