Royal LePage Pay & Benefits reviews

Narcissistic Real Estate Leader
Real Estate Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON2 November 2018
The team leader does whatever he needs to make a sale, even if that means preventing you from developing your career. He uses himself as an example when trying to inspire others. He does not care about you unless you are actively putting him on a pedestal and do not expect any praise. If you are someone who needs positive reinforcement, this job is not for you.
$15/hr doesn't cut it.
Front Desk Administrator/Receptionsit/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2018
I worked briefly as a Front Desk Admin Assistant and it was A LOT of work for such little pay. Royal LePage is a company where you set your own salary -- and as good as that sounds, its really not true, as they decide your pay for you at the end of the day. Other Front Desk Admin Assistants were getting paid ~$18/hr. This made me feel severely underpaid, especially as I was going above and beyond and outperforming the others. There are NO benefits. And yes, you're expected to work on Federal Holidays like Canada Day. Not all RLP firms have the same schedule, so be weary of which one you get hired at -- whether it is Signature Club, Terrequity, etc.

The staff were nice, and generally a bit older. Which makes it a little harder to relate to them, but no complaints on the friendly and relaxed environment.
Pros
People were nice.
Cons
No parking, no benefits, low pay, lack of recognition, they can move you around to different branches -- even if its far.
They have table tennis at lunch room
Finance Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2018
I have learned how to handle the large number of sales people's BER and related expenses, bonus, and associated benefits. The working environment was friendly and fair.
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 January 2018
A basic day at work was 90 % of our time was on the telephone. It was a very busy work place, you had to multi task all day long. Most of the people were amazing to work with. Rare to have down time, but when you did it was always enjoyable.
Pros
lots of good people around
Cons
poor pay
It is what you make of it
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2018
Like any other job as a realtor. Purely commission based. Flexibility with your time and schedule. High income potential. Low income risk if you're not self motivated.
Pros
High income potential
Cons
No base pay or benefits
Progressive Company
Broker (Current Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON28 September 2017
Progressive company with several locations. You are classified as an independent contractor. Majority of focus is lead generation and follow-up. Lots of fees applicable in the Real estate industry making this an expensive venture.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Long Hours
Great group of people to work with
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC31 July 2017
Greet realtors
Answer messages left from the night before
Turn on computers to warm up
Greet costumers and realtors as they enter
Review work that was done the day before
Friendly environment
Hardest part- knowing who has done what
Most enjoyable part- how friendly and helpful everyone is there
Pros
wage
Cons
benefits are so so
Productive and fun workplace
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2017
I enjoy working in the company there are nice people there and a lot of experience people there it's fun there they enjoyed me there because am good in laundry work the company is nice
Pros
Free launch
Cons
Long hour
Good Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 April 2017
Great place to work, great coworkers and management is fair and helpful. Worked there for 8 years and always treated well, pay was good, always willing to listen.
Pros
Training
Cons
Next to my first job, this was my favourite
Senior Agent Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
I made and still have good friends at this location. The agents are amazing to work with. My ex co-workers were a great people to work with. Every Christmas party we would get dressed up and have fun and laughter. During the Christmas break, the Agents would get together and give the staff a Xmas Bonus.
Pros
Free lunches would be given from Agents
Fun and Exciting
Real Estate Sales (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON21 February 2017
Made great relationships along the way, the harder you work the more money you can make, there is no limit to the income, learned alot about people, its a job where you can make as much money as your went.
Pros
The most enjoyable part of the job was my clients faces when they bought a home, They were so Thankful for my help and guidance.
Cons
The hard part of the job was lack of benefits, commission only and the slower parts of the year.
Unpredictable Income
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC16 January 2017
Great profession and Company, but you never know when your next pay check will be. Good place to work if you are financially sound already and as far as Real Estate goes, this is good.
Pros
You make your own hours
Cons
Not knowing when you will get paid
Excellent, well organized company with a lot of support for employees.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 January 2017
My experience with Royal LePage Your Community Realty has been excellent. The management is very good and they genuinely seem to care about the success and happiness of their employees. They provide many opportunities and support wherever it is needed.
Pros
Flexibility and opportunity for growth
Cons
There are no benefits or base salary for sales people as that is the nature of the business.
Relaxed atmosphere
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wellington, ON30 May 2016
A typical day at work is answering the phone and greeting any customers that may walk in off the street. I spend most of my time folding flyers and stamping envelopes for marketing purposes. It's generally a pretty laid back office.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No health benefits
great place to learn and grow as a professional
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 January 2016
Helped clients in analyzing and advising on the perfect home or Real Estate investments projects. Learned to proactively identify business and Investment opportunities for the clients. Management was great help and professional at all times, helped meet deadlines as a team with other Real Estate professionals in the industry. was difficult at time when showing homes in the harsh winters but learned to be productive at all times. The best reward was at times of success in helping meet client financial and investment goals.
Pros
Helping families and great compensation
Cons
cold winters
The place is for a self starter in a very competitive industry.
Real Estate Broker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2015
This is entirely a commission based opportunity and all costs are on me. But the infrastructure, training and consulting infrastructure is superb.
Self employed working for the company, only paid when something sells.
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Sussex, NB5 November 2015
You need a lot of money to get started in this. You have alot of expenses with company office fees insurance, mls fees,It does take alittle while to get your frist commision check also. So if you do not have $10,000 or more saved up do not bother. 90 per cent of the money in real estate is made by 10 per cent of the agents.
Pros
you work your own hours, helping people buy and sell real estate.
Cons
you pay to work there, office fees over $500.00 a month.then they take half of your commision when you make a sale.
Lots to learn. Constant change.
Real Estate Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, Ontario20 August 2015
Overall it's a tough business. Strictly on a commission basis. No salary and no benefits. Always on call and makes it difficult on family and social life. There is no job security or advancement.

There is the potential to make a lot of money but at the same token many agents leave the business within the first year.

Office staff offers a lot of support, advice and assistance. As well as seminars and education classes on a regular basis.
Pros
Excellent training, support and education.
Cons
Independant contractor. Very competitive market. Long hours.
Love to work and assist all the brokers
Secretary/Receptionist/ Administration (Current Employee) –  Montreal11 August 2015
Atmosphere is pleasant I enjoy helping out all the brokers and assist them either it's computer problems, Comm. Checks to be sent by mail or to pay their Commissons and assist the Accounting Dep't everyone is self-employed and they can travel at any time, I 'm the only Secretary that is on the Pay roll.

My pay check is too low and I need a higher paying salary, I'm mostly alone in the Morning but when there's work it's even more pleasant,
great group of people
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON29 June 2015
it was a great group of people, very helpful. Would recommend using them.
If it was not so expensive to be a realtor, would most likely still be there
Pros
easy work
Cons
expensive dues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal LePage. Our community is ready to answer.