Royal LePage Employee Reviews

$15/hr doesn't cut it.
Front Desk Administrator/Receptionsit/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2018
I worked briefly as a Front Desk Admin Assistant and it was A LOT of work for such little pay. Royal LePage is a company where you set your own salary -- and as good as that sounds, its really not true, as they decide your pay for you at the end of the day. Other Front Desk Admin Assistants were getting paid ~$18/hr. This made me feel severely underpaid, especially as I was going above and beyond and outperforming the others. There are NO benefits. And yes, you're expected to work on Federal Holidays like Canada Day. Not all RLP firms have the same schedule, so be weary of which one you get hired at -- whether it is Signature Club, Terrequity, etc.

The staff were nice, and generally a bit older. Which makes it a little harder to relate to them, but no complaints on the friendly and relaxed environment.
Pros
People were nice.
Cons
No parking, no benefits, low pay, lack of recognition, they can move you around to different branches -- even if its far.
Fun workplace
Office Manager / Assistant to 4 Real Estate Agents (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 May 2018
Enjoyed working with the people and the Branch Manager was great and understanding. Agents are great and hard working but always have time to stop and say hello and welcoming.
Pros
Great prople
Realtor
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB18 May 2018
It is a great job where you learn life experience in many different fields. Psychology, contract law, self discipline

It is an emotional rollercoaster working for yourself but the rewards are there if you are willing to work hard and stay focused
Pros
you can be your own boss
Cons
all commission based
Excellent experience
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 May 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Royal Lepage. Staff were wonderful, helping me when needed and the work environment was amicable and pleasant. They made my summer awesome.
Typical Day
Real Estate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 May 2018
Most real estate agents begin their day by looking at the previous day's market activity. It is usually on a downloaded or online "hot sheet" report. It tells them what sold, new listings, price changes and other activity in their market.

Your time is well-spent in doing this every day, as you may find the perfect new listing for a buyer you've been working with. Or, you may see a property that buyer had an interest in with a price reduction.
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB30 April 2018
Friendly staff, great work environment. Greeted clients, created feature sheets, worked on the sales meeting as well as Realtors guide space. Everyone works as a team.
Wonderful place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC22 April 2018
Royal LePage Nanaimo Realty bought out Coast Realty in 2015. Coast Realty was a local firm that did quite well but the time had come for the owners to sell. Royal LePage is a national real estate company that may be one of the most diverse and pro-active companies across Canada. The management model is second to none; their training of employees and agents is super and they are well respected. It was an absolute pleasure to part of their team.

I was a self starter so selling homes became easy for me. My model was to devote my attention to my job by doing open houses, following up with clients and putting in lots of hours at my job. I feel I was one of the hardest working agents and it paid off with sales as well as very satisfied clients. I purposely gave up my other career which was in the golf business. I love golf but to have be good at what you do and to find success in the real estate business, you must focus your energy and not get distracted with another career. Having a golf background helped however as I was involved in the sale of a golf course in BC and sold a few homes on or near golf courses.
Pros
Helping clients with the biggest purchase or sale of their lives
Cons
Hours are long and are not consistent.
Receptionist and Administration (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON19 April 2018
Fast pace and had to deal with a lot of administration work as well as tend to agents needs. There were good people to work with staff wise and are very understanding.
Fun and Productive
REALTOR (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 April 2018
Working as a Real Estate Agent with Royal Lepage Alliance was very helpful for me. Everyone at the office is very helpful. Got training for first 4 months which was very helpful.
Pros
Set up your own working hour.
Awesome Company to Work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON1 April 2018
Awesome group of people to work with fun atmosphere and great team .
Admin, management and support staff are amazing, always felt like part of the RLP family .
Awesome
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 March 2018
All good. It is a job that you get out what you put in. Excellent management and support team. Offices are clean large bright and open.Great location on Henderson Hwy.The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and helping new people. Being a part of their lives for a long time.I have learned to listen before you speak. Listen to what people want then act accordingly. The hardest part of the job is being taken away from something your doing to represent your client. I.E.. Being at the lake and have to leave to close a deal on a long weekend.I have learned there are many correct ways to do the same thing.
Great Company to Start your Real Estate Career
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 March 2018
As a rookie into a new industry, they do take the time to show you the way. Help is available along at every corner from Branch Manager to the Broker of Record.
Very Welcoming!
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2018
Every agent was very welcoming and was willing to help you when in need. Management was approachable and understanding! The full-time receptionist was always helpful and easily accessible if you had any questions or concerns. Overall, 8.5/10!
Cons
Fixed hours (4pm-9pm)
real estate
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Falls, ON14 March 2018
Love to work with all team member. Great community spirit and many event with different club and other business. Learned many rules and culture in the real estates business. Management was very helpful and explain many of the rules. It was a very very confidential place to work.
Pros
friends place to work
Cons
work alone
They have table tennis at lunch room
Finance Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2018
I have learned how to handle the large number of sales people's BER and related expenses, bonus, and associated benefits. The working environment was friendly and fair.
Working Mon -Fri
Real Estate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 February 2018
It is a nice company to work. All sales persons and staff are very nice and co- operative. The management is nice and the manager is the best. Great team work.
good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2018
Friendly and positive place to work. Was able to do a lot of work from home. Work was not repetitive with having to set up for open houses and measuring for the listings.
A professional real estate company
Courtier immobilier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 February 2018
Royal Lepage is an established corporation in canada and worldwide. sells more houses than any other company. Their website os full of learning materials.
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 January 2018
A basic day at work was 90 % of our time was on the telephone. It was a very busy work place, you had to multi task all day long. Most of the people were amazing to work with. Rare to have down time, but when you did it was always enjoyable.
Pros
lots of good people around
Cons
poor pay
Property manager responsible for third party management
Manager, Lease Administration (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2018
Responsible for all day to day operations, etc. for third party owners including budgeting, rental collections, project management, etc. Portfolio included commercial, medical, industrial properties with various owners.
Pros
Good "on the job" training
Cons
24/7 job