Royal LePage Employee Reviews

Fun company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 September 2018
They try hard to help you succeed, they have multiple training sessions throughout the month, one on one coaching. They hold sales meetings and bring good information to each.
Great company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 September 2018
Phenomenal company to work for. Great people to work with and always ready to lend a hand.
Pros
amazing training
Cons
very competitive
Fun but a lot of work
Licensed Realtor®/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 September 2018
Crazy schedule if you like that. Lots of new people to meet and help. Can work around other activities. Hardest part of job is getting new clients.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Can be long hours
Exciting and motivating environment
REALTOR (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB29 August 2018
Realtors in general are eager to assist and educate new members and this was not an exception with Royal LePage. My experience with management and team members was overall, positive and educational.
Amazing place to work
Digital Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON27 August 2018
great place to work. Lots of agents at Royal LePage, professional. Lots of opportunity to grow within the company. recommended for anyone look for a career.
Realtor
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 August 2018
Working as a realtor was a very rewarding position. The team I worked with was very supportive. The hardest part was the market was changing from a sellers market to a buyers market.
Admin
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON30 July 2018
Royal Lepage is a great family friendly work environment, they offer position which expose you to the real estate profession. The employees are friendly
Poor review
agent support coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON29 July 2018
People are not properly trained, employees are under-paid, and there is no room for advancement within the company. The agents are held on a high horse while their jobs would not be possible without the support coordinators.
Pros
none.
Cons
everything.
Well run office with ethical standards.
Real Estate Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON27 July 2018
Well run office with ethical standards. Good branding and solid support system and staff. Knowledgeable mangers who are willing to support agents. Fees are higher than some offices, but justified in my opinion to have impartial managers that aren't in competition with agents.
Great entry level experience
Part Time Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 July 2018
Very flexible with hours and will work around your schedule. I worked here during my college studies and it was a perfect fit for my school schedule. This position taught me a lot about the real estate industry and it provided me with good skills to carry into other industries. You will definitely learn how to multi-task. This company provide good training and great communication with helpful, well trained coworkers.
Pros
Free coffee&tea, treats, great co workers, good training
Cons
Weekend Shifts, Not much room to grow.
Energetic and Supportive workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON8 July 2018
Set up and clean up are both reasonable work. I've learned so much about Real Estate and the behind the scenes of listing or buying a property. The management here is nice and supportive, they encourage you to push harder, learn more and they're always looking for ways to help you (i.e. giving you extra hours wherever they can. keeping an eye out for advancement opportunities). The agents in the office are like a huge family, and seeing as our office does so many charity events it's often very energetic and goofy around the office. Training isn't the greatest, but the staff are super helpful and friendly you'll have no problem getting the hang of things. Overall, amazing work place.
Pros
Entertaining Job, Consistent Hours
Cons
Weekend Commitment as Part Time
Great leadership and culture
REALTOR (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 July 2018
Very supportive and encouraging management and support team. Great training and development resources available. Onboarding process can be confusing at times and requires a lot of self discipline.
$15/hr doesn't cut it.
Front Desk Administrator/Receptionsit/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2018
I worked briefly as a Front Desk Admin Assistant and it was A LOT of work for such little pay. Royal LePage is a company where you set your own salary -- and as good as that sounds, its really not true, as they decide your pay for you at the end of the day. Other Front Desk Admin Assistants were getting paid ~$18/hr. This made me feel severely underpaid, especially as I was going above and beyond and outperforming the others. There are NO benefits. And yes, you're expected to work on Federal Holidays like Canada Day. Not all RLP firms have the same schedule, so be weary of which one you get hired at -- whether it is Signature Club, Terrequity, etc.

The staff were nice, and generally a bit older. Which makes it a little harder to relate to them, but no complaints on the friendly and relaxed environment.
Pros
People were nice.
Cons
No parking, no benefits, low pay, lack of recognition, they can move you around to different branches -- even if its far.
Productive and friendly workplace
Scanner (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC5 June 2018
The employees are all very friendly and the atmosphere is very inviting. The job is not stressful and the office is close to a public transit exchange so it is very accessible for those without a vehicle.
Fun workplace
Office Manager / Assistant to 4 Real Estate Agents (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 May 2018
Enjoyed working with the people and the Branch Manager was great and understanding. Agents are great and hard working but always have time to stop and say hello and welcoming.
Pros
Great prople
Realtor
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB18 May 2018
It is a great job where you learn life experience in many different fields. Psychology, contract law, self discipline

It is an emotional rollercoaster working for yourself but the rewards are there if you are willing to work hard and stay focused
Pros
you can be your own boss
Cons
all commission based
Excellent experience
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 May 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Royal Lepage. Staff were wonderful, helping me when needed and the work environment was amicable and pleasant. They made my summer awesome.
Typical Day
Real Estate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 May 2018
Most real estate agents begin their day by looking at the previous day's market activity. It is usually on a downloaded or online "hot sheet" report. It tells them what sold, new listings, price changes and other activity in their market.

Your time is well-spent in doing this every day, as you may find the perfect new listing for a buyer you've been working with. Or, you may see a property that buyer had an interest in with a price reduction.
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB30 April 2018
Friendly staff, great work environment. Greeted clients, created feature sheets, worked on the sales meeting as well as Realtors guide space. Everyone works as a team.
Wonderful place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC22 April 2018
Royal LePage Nanaimo Realty bought out Coast Realty in 2015. Coast Realty was a local firm that did quite well but the time had come for the owners to sell. Royal LePage is a national real estate company that may be one of the most diverse and pro-active companies across Canada. The management model is second to none; their training of employees and agents is super and they are well respected. It was an absolute pleasure to part of their team.

I was a self starter so selling homes became easy for me. My model was to devote my attention to my job by doing open houses, following up with clients and putting in lots of hours at my job. I feel I was one of the hardest working agents and it paid off with sales as well as very satisfied clients. I purposely gave up my other career which was in the golf business. I love golf but to have be good at what you do and to find success in the real estate business, you must focus your energy and not get distracted with another career. Having a golf background helped however as I was involved in the sale of a golf course in BC and sold a few homes on or near golf courses.
Pros
Helping clients with the biggest purchase or sale of their lives
Cons
Hours are long and are not consistent.