Royal LePage Employee Reviews

Narcissistic Real Estate Leader
Real Estate Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON2 November 2018
The team leader does whatever he needs to make a sale, even if that means preventing you from developing your career. He uses himself as an example when trying to inspire others. He does not care about you unless you are actively putting him on a pedestal and do not expect any praise. If you are someone who needs positive reinforcement, this job is not for you.
$15/hr doesn't cut it.
Front Desk Administrator/Receptionsit/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2018
I worked briefly as a Front Desk Admin Assistant and it was A LOT of work for such little pay. Royal LePage is a company where you set your own salary -- and as good as that sounds, its really not true, as they decide your pay for you at the end of the day. Other Front Desk Admin Assistants were getting paid ~$18/hr. This made me feel severely underpaid, especially as I was going above and beyond and outperforming the others. There are NO benefits. And yes, you're expected to work on Federal Holidays like Canada Day. Not all RLP firms have the same schedule, so be weary of which one you get hired at -- whether it is Signature Club, Terrequity, etc.

The staff were nice, and generally a bit older. Which makes it a little harder to relate to them, but no complaints on the friendly and relaxed environment.
Pros
People were nice.
Cons
No parking, no benefits, low pay, lack of recognition, they can move you around to different branches -- even if its far.
Busy family orientated Real estate office
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB11 January 2019
Typical day at work would be looking over paper work, putting deals through to Edmonton Real Estate Board, Answering incoming calls and forwarding to appropriate agents. Make monthly calls schedules. Prepare for month end. Organize and pay monthly bills then send to head office. Assist and answer to office manager (Brokerage Manger). Assist head agent. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see my coworkers succeed. The hardest part of my job was our busy season and there only being one of me, most of our busy season I would come early, stay late and work through lunch.
Pros
Pizza parties
Cons
long hours during busy season
Energetic and Supportive workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON8 July 2018
Set up and clean up are both reasonable work. I've learned so much about Real Estate and the behind the scenes of listing or buying a property. The management here is nice and supportive, they encourage you to push harder, learn more and they're always looking for ways to help you (i.e. giving you extra hours wherever they can. keeping an eye out for advancement opportunities). The agents in the office are like a huge family, and seeing as our office does so many charity events it's often very energetic and goofy around the office. Training isn't the greatest, but the staff are super helpful and friendly you'll have no problem getting the hang of things. Overall, amazing work place.
Pros
Entertaining Job, Consistent Hours
Cons
Weekend Commitment as Part Time
Good office
Real Estate Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2019
Great office to start your real estate career with. Very competitive office fees, good administration, good office reception, friendly realtors who are willing to help.
Part Time Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC7 February 2019
While I worked at Royal Lepage Sussex, I was the part time receptionist. I floated between three locations before becoming the set Saturday receptionist at Royal Lepage. I was taught how to process contracts for realtors, transferring calls, filing, maintaining the office : stocking paper, refilling the coffee, putting mail in mail slots. I also was responsible for keys to listings, and making sure they were recorded to who had them.
Self motivated
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC30 January 2019
I worked as a Realtor, my hours were flexible, I worked open houses on weekends to find clients. I am still currently a Realtor but looking for something with a steady paycheck,
I was responsible for meeting clients, determining clients needs, showing homes, negotiating offers and writing offers. I had to make sure closings went smoothly. I currently do my own bookkeeping,
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
not a steady income
Fun but a lot of work
Licensed Realtor®/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 September 2018
Crazy schedule if you like that. Lots of new people to meet and help. Can work around other activities. Hardest part of job is getting new clients.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Can be long hours
great place to work just would like more secure and stable
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 January 2019
great place to work just would like more secure and stable
Amazing training program
Management is very accessable and knowledgable
Always trying to help
High turn over
Agent Support Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 November 2018
High turn over rate and it’s not managements fault. Under paid position but from the higher ups in the company. On site managers are great and will fight for you.
Pros
Lots of perks
Cons
Under paid

Want to know more about Royal LePage?

Ask a question
A great brokerage
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 January 2019
A fantastic and cutting edge real estate brokerage. New technology and helping people reach personal milestones becomes very rewarding. You have the ability to work on many different tasks and learn many new technologies.
They have table tennis at lunch room
Finance Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2018
I have learned how to handle the large number of sales people's BER and related expenses, bonus, and associated benefits. The working environment was friendly and fair.
Amazing place to work
Digital Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON27 August 2018
great place to work. Lots of agents at Royal LePage, professional. Lots of opportunity to grow within the company. recommended for anyone look for a career.
Creative and fun work experience
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 February 2019
I assisted an agent of Royal LePage. She was a warm, honest and talented realtor. I assisted her in setting up social media, MLS software and marketing campaigns.
Pros
Creative process
Cons
ever changing software systems
good place to work
Real Estate Agent (Sales & Rentals) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2019
Nice office environment and friendly co-workers..little bit longer drive from my place is only concern..excellent office staff..great place to work and learn
Pros
experienced staff
Cons
commute
Wonderful place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC22 April 2018
Royal LePage Nanaimo Realty bought out Coast Realty in 2015. Coast Realty was a local firm that did quite well but the time had come for the owners to sell. Royal LePage is a national real estate company that may be one of the most diverse and pro-active companies across Canada. The management model is second to none; their training of employees and agents is super and they are well respected. It was an absolute pleasure to part of their team.

I was a self starter so selling homes became easy for me. My model was to devote my attention to my job by doing open houses, following up with clients and putting in lots of hours at my job. I feel I was one of the hardest working agents and it paid off with sales as well as very satisfied clients. I purposely gave up my other career which was in the golf business. I love golf but to have be good at what you do and to find success in the real estate business, you must focus your energy and not get distracted with another career. Having a golf background helped however as I was involved in the sale of a golf course in BC and sold a few homes on or near golf courses.
Pros
Helping clients with the biggest purchase or sale of their lives
Cons
Hours are long and are not consistent.
Great Place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 February 2019
A great place to work and the staff and managers are awesome. Sales Representatives are kind and appreciate the work you do for them. All in all a great company to work for.
Great entry level experience
Part Time Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 July 2018
Very flexible with hours and will work around your schedule. I worked here during my college studies and it was a perfect fit for my school schedule. This position taught me a lot about the real estate industry and it provided me with good skills to carry into other industries. You will definitely learn how to multi-task. This company provide good training and great communication with helpful, well trained coworkers.
Pros
Free coffee&tea, treats, great co workers, good training
Cons
Weekend Shifts, Not much room to grow.
nice place to work with
Real Estate Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2018
nice place to work with, many friendly agents and staff are helpful, the place is located in a good area and all the tools you need are within rich ,always nice and clean
Exciting and motivating environment
REALTOR (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB29 August 2018
Realtors in general are eager to assist and educate new members and this was not an exception with Royal LePage. My experience with management and team members was overall, positive and educational.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal LePage. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2