Royal LePage Employee Reviews

Admin
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON30 July 2018
Royal Lepage is a great family friendly work environment, they offer position which expose you to the real estate profession. The employees are friendly
Poor review
agent support coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON29 July 2018
People are not properly trained, employees are under-paid, and there is no room for advancement within the company. The agents are held on a high horse while their jobs would not be possible without the support coordinators.
Pros
none.
Cons
everything.
Great entry level experience
Part Time Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 July 2018
Very flexible with hours and will work around your schedule. I worked here during my college studies and it was a perfect fit for my school schedule. This position taught me a lot about the real estate industry and it provided me with good skills to carry into other industries. You will definitely learn how to multi-task. This company provide good training and great communication with helpful, well trained coworkers.
Pros
Free coffee&tea, treats, great co workers, good training
Cons
Weekend Shifts, Not much room to grow.
Energetic and Supportive workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON8 July 2018
Set up and clean up are both reasonable work. I've learned so much about Real Estate and the behind the scenes of listing or buying a property. The management here is nice and supportive, they encourage you to push harder, learn more and they're always looking for ways to help you (i.e. giving you extra hours wherever they can. keeping an eye out for advancement opportunities). The agents in the office are like a huge family, and seeing as our office does so many charity events it's often very energetic and goofy around the office. Training isn't the greatest, but the staff are super helpful and friendly you'll have no problem getting the hang of things. Overall, amazing work place.
Pros
Entertaining Job, Consistent Hours
Cons
Weekend Commitment as Part Time
Great leadership and culture
REALTOR (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 July 2018
Very supportive and encouraging management and support team. Great training and development resources available. Onboarding process can be confusing at times and requires a lot of self discipline.
$15/hr doesn't cut it.
Front Desk Administrator/Receptionsit/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2018
I worked briefly as a Front Desk Admin Assistant and it was A LOT of work for such little pay. Royal LePage is a company where you set your own salary -- and as good as that sounds, its really not true, as they decide your pay for you at the end of the day. Other Front Desk Admin Assistants were getting paid ~$18/hr. This made me feel severely underpaid, especially as I was going above and beyond and outperforming the others. There are NO benefits. And yes, you're expected to work on Federal Holidays like Canada Day. Not all RLP firms have the same schedule, so be weary of which one you get hired at -- whether it is Signature Club, Terrequity, etc.

The staff were nice, and generally a bit older. Which makes it a little harder to relate to them, but no complaints on the friendly and relaxed environment.
Pros
People were nice.
Cons
No parking, no benefits, low pay, lack of recognition, they can move you around to different branches -- even if its far.
Productive and friendly workplace
Scanner (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC5 June 2018
The employees are all very friendly and the atmosphere is very inviting. The job is not stressful and the office is close to a public transit exchange so it is very accessible for those without a vehicle.
Fun workplace
Office Manager / Assistant to 4 Real Estate Agents (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 May 2018
Enjoyed working with the people and the Branch Manager was great and understanding. Agents are great and hard working but always have time to stop and say hello and welcoming.
Pros
Great prople
Realtor
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB18 May 2018
It is a great job where you learn life experience in many different fields. Psychology, contract law, self discipline

It is an emotional rollercoaster working for yourself but the rewards are there if you are willing to work hard and stay focused
Pros
you can be your own boss
Cons
all commission based
Excellent experience
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 May 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Royal Lepage. Staff were wonderful, helping me when needed and the work environment was amicable and pleasant. They made my summer awesome.
Typical Day
Real Estate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 May 2018
Most real estate agents begin their day by looking at the previous day's market activity. It is usually on a downloaded or online "hot sheet" report. It tells them what sold, new listings, price changes and other activity in their market.

Your time is well-spent in doing this every day, as you may find the perfect new listing for a buyer you've been working with. Or, you may see a property that buyer had an interest in with a price reduction.
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB30 April 2018
Friendly staff, great work environment. Greeted clients, created feature sheets, worked on the sales meeting as well as Realtors guide space. Everyone works as a team.
Wonderful place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC22 April 2018
Royal LePage Nanaimo Realty bought out Coast Realty in 2015. Coast Realty was a local firm that did quite well but the time had come for the owners to sell. Royal LePage is a national real estate company that may be one of the most diverse and pro-active companies across Canada. The management model is second to none; their training of employees and agents is super and they are well respected. It was an absolute pleasure to part of their team.

I was a self starter so selling homes became easy for me. My model was to devote my attention to my job by doing open houses, following up with clients and putting in lots of hours at my job. I feel I was one of the hardest working agents and it paid off with sales as well as very satisfied clients. I purposely gave up my other career which was in the golf business. I love golf but to have be good at what you do and to find success in the real estate business, you must focus your energy and not get distracted with another career. Having a golf background helped however as I was involved in the sale of a golf course in BC and sold a few homes on or near golf courses.
Pros
Helping clients with the biggest purchase or sale of their lives
Cons
Hours are long and are not consistent.
Receptionist and Administration (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON19 April 2018
Fast pace and had to deal with a lot of administration work as well as tend to agents needs. There were good people to work with staff wise and are very understanding.
Fun and Productive
REALTOR (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 April 2018
Working as a Real Estate Agent with Royal Lepage Alliance was very helpful for me. Everyone at the office is very helpful. Got training for first 4 months which was very helpful.
Pros
Set up your own working hour.
Awesome Company to Work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON1 April 2018
Awesome group of people to work with fun atmosphere and great team .
Admin, management and support staff are amazing, always felt like part of the RLP family .
Awesome
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 March 2018
All good. It is a job that you get out what you put in. Excellent management and support team. Offices are clean large bright and open.Great location on Henderson Hwy.The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and helping new people. Being a part of their lives for a long time.I have learned to listen before you speak. Listen to what people want then act accordingly. The hardest part of the job is being taken away from something your doing to represent your client. I.E.. Being at the lake and have to leave to close a deal on a long weekend.I have learned there are many correct ways to do the same thing.
Great Company to Start your Real Estate Career
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 March 2018
As a rookie into a new industry, they do take the time to show you the way. Help is available along at every corner from Branch Manager to the Broker of Record.
Very Welcoming!
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2018
Every agent was very welcoming and was willing to help you when in need. Management was approachable and understanding! The full-time receptionist was always helpful and easily accessible if you had any questions or concerns. Overall, 8.5/10!
Cons
Fixed hours (4pm-9pm)
real estate
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Falls, ON14 March 2018
Love to work with all team member. Great community spirit and many event with different club and other business. Learned many rules and culture in the real estates business. Management was very helpful and explain many of the rules. It was a very very confidential place to work.
Pros
friends place to work
Cons
work alone