Royal Inland Hospital

Royal Inland Hospital Employee Reviews

Management sets the tone

And it’s not positive Royal inland is a have not facility in interior health so most of the resources go to kelowna Leadership in kelowna is our of touch with front line nursing

Toxic

Very toxic place to work. If you got into nursing to care for people search elsewhere. The nursing shortage and poor management has created an uncaring toxic culture that feels unsafe to work in at times. There are many great healthcare staff on the floor; however, there are also many who are too task orientated. Undoubtedly a product of the nursing shortage. The shift coordinators are a large part of why I left tho. Walked away from nursing for good after an unpleasant discussion with a shift coordinator there. Life is too short to spend it unhappy, overworked, stressed, under paid, broken, and unappreciated.

Pros

Some great nurses and healthcare staff

Cons

Poor parking, unsafe working conditions, underpaid for how fast paced and unsafe the job is, toxic culture, poor management, understaffed.

No support, no compassion, no f$&ks given by management and directors

First i will say, its the frontline staff that carry this hospital on their shoulders, they are all strong and caring people who only want to do the job properly and safely and they suffer in terrible working conditions and shortages daily while they do the carrying. There is no morale or energy left among the nursing staff in particular. There is not even parking for staff on the premises, and you will be towed and or ticketed by impark if you park here including on nights when the parkade is empty.Unfortunately management is coerced on the directorial level and those with compassion and willingness to advocate for staff and patient care are long gone and we are left with thugs who do the bidding of their superiors no questions asked, happily at frontline staff’s expense. Until the rotten eggs have been walked out of their jobs, avoid this place.

Pros

The frontline staff

Cons

Everything else

The worst

Worst management , not supportive of staff, just a toxic and horrible place to work. Most employees cry before and after shifts. Unsafe for patients breeds burn out and drains the life out of you

Pros

Cons

To many to list

Great people to work with

This job and the people took me in and sharpened my skills. I learned everyday and was given the opportunity to obtain CEU credits. I would go back to work here any day.

I would tell anyone to work here. The team is great, its high paced bit the training is great. Wouldn't leave if i wasn't planning on relocating to victoria bc

I enjoy working here

RIH is a great place to work. My coworkers are great and the hospital has great staff in other departments as well. I would recommend working here if you get the opportunity.

Choose another hospital!

This hospital has a very toxic work environment. There are too many new grad nurses with poor skill sets to do their jobs even adequately. The managers are more interested in keeping their jobs rather than promoting and fostering good nursing care. Some of the units do not follow Worksafe B.C. protocols for safety. When it is brought to the attention of educators and managers it is dismissed as unimportant. There are constant staffing shortages and nurses are pulled from one unit to another regardless of being orientated to a different unit.

Busy team based environment.

Very busy nursing environment. Well run establishment. Death and the shift work was the hardest part of the job. An excellent team approach to the job. Lots of support from administration.

I was a volunteer and loved the experience!

I appreciate each and every hour I have spent volunteering because I get to see the differences I am making in people’s lives. Putting smiles on people’s faces and lightening the workload of hospital staff provides me with a sense of accomplishment. I have been able to have meaningful one on one conversations with many patients, and that itself makes all of my efforts worthwhile. Through this program, I attended a Volunteer Conference in Ladysmith, which allowed me to meet volunteers from across the province and attend educational meetings pertaining to the medical field.

fast pace

Working in Dietary in Kamloops was a very fast pace job. On a average day you would be serving up meals to over 2500 patients. It was very organized and time sensitive. Things had to be done on time or all deliveries could be jeopardized.

Enjoyed a long career here.

Good place to work. A referral hospital that has many options of employment and advancement. Employers offers education subsidies.A variety of career opportunities available at this time.

Working at Royal Inland Hospital

Royal Inland Hospital is a busy, growing hospital in Kamloops. It takes in patients from all over the surrounding area. It's a good place to work and has a lot to offer.

The Hospital is a great place to work.

I really enjoyed my job at Royal Inland Hospital. The Manager and Supervisors were the best. They were always fair, considerate and respectful. Workplace Health and safety was every ones #1 priority. You wont find a better employer.

Pros

You can live in the beautiful city of Kamloops.

Cons

The parking requires some patience sometimes.

Royal Inland Hospital was a hectic place to work, but rewarding.

My typical day at Royal Inland Hospital was a crazy, non-stop, interesting, focused, inventive, productive, whirlwind. I learned how to manage my time effectively. I learned how to communicate with patients,staff,management, and HR Business Partners, on an on going basis. I learned the importance of infection control and how vital it is to a patients survival. I learned how to supervise an amazing team of housekeepers, who would go the extra mile, to ensure that the patient, staff, and visitors would be happy with the cleanliness of their hospital. Most of all, I learned that the people I worked with in all occupations are amazing!

Pros

Excellent staff

Cons

Leaving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Inland Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement