Royal Inland Hospital Employee Reviews

Choose another hospital!
LPN (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC17 May 2018
This hospital has a very toxic work environment. There are too many new grad nurses with poor skill sets to do their jobs even adequately. The managers are more interested in keeping their jobs rather than promoting and fostering good nursing care. Some of the units do not follow Worksafe B.C. protocols for safety. When it is brought to the attention of educators and managers it is dismissed as unimportant. There are constant staffing shortages and nurses are pulled from one unit to another regardless of being orientated to a different unit.
Busy team based environment.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC5 April 2018
Very busy nursing environment. Well run establishment. Death and the shift work was the hardest part of the job. An excellent team approach to the job. Lots of support from administration.
I was a volunteer and loved the experience!
Rehabilitation Youth Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC28 March 2018
I appreciate each and every hour I have spent volunteering because I get to see the differences I am making in people’s lives. Putting smiles on people’s faces and lightening the workload of hospital staff provides me with a sense of accomplishment. I have been able to have meaningful one on one conversations with many patients, and that itself makes all of my efforts worthwhile. Through this program, I attended a Volunteer Conference in Ladysmith, which allowed me to meet volunteers from across the province and attend educational meetings pertaining to the medical field.
fast pace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC21 February 2018
Working in Dietary in Kamloops was a very fast pace job. On a average day you would be serving up meals to over 2500 patients. It was very organized and time sensitive. Things had to be done on time or all deliveries could be jeopardized.
Enjoyed a long career here.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC27 October 2017
Good place to work. A referral hospital that has many options of employment and advancement. Employers offers education subsidies.A variety of career opportunities available at this time.
Working at Royal Inland Hospital
Diet Technician/Food Service Supervisor/Worker (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC30 May 2017
Royal Inland Hospital is a busy, growing hospital in Kamloops. It takes in patients from all over the surrounding area. It's a good place to work and has a lot to offer.
The Hospital is a great place to work.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC21 June 2016
I really enjoyed my job at Royal Inland Hospital. The Manager and Supervisors were the best. They were always fair, considerate and respectful. Workplace Health and safety was every ones #1 priority.
You wont find a better employer.
Pros
You can live in the beautiful city of Kamloops.
Cons
The parking requires some patience sometimes.
Royal Inland Hospital was a hectic place to work, but rewarding.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC29 March 2016
My typical day at Royal Inland Hospital was a crazy, non-stop, interesting, focused, inventive, productive, whirlwind.

I learned how to manage my time effectively. I learned how to communicate with patients,staff,management, and HR Business Partners, on an on going basis. I learned the importance of infection control and how vital it is to a patients survival. I learned how to supervise an amazing team of housekeepers, who would go the extra mile, to ensure that the patient, staff, and visitors would be happy with the cleanliness of their hospital. Most of all, I learned that the people I worked with in all occupations are amazing!
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Leaving