Royal Columbian Hospital

Canada33 reviews

Clear

goodmanagementworkplaceworkingjobgreatpeople

Great Employer

Great staff very supportive. It can be stressful at times but coworkers are very respectful and helpful. The managment is also very supporitve of any work place issue you may have.

Three stars for front line staff, 0 for management.

The work itself is what you would expect. Fun sometimes. Most of the frontline staff are great to work with and culture can vary. The higher you go up in the management ladder, the more incompetent leadership becomes. People who have obviously never worked bedside and are only there to keep the numbers will make bizarre and sometimes dangerous decisions without actually consulting with bedside staff. I would never send friends or family here as patients or staff

Insights into Royal Columbian Hospital

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction

Disorganized, overworked, poorly compensated for this city

Not used appropriately for our training, uncooperative and aggressive team members, poor support from management and the union. Working in different areas is a plus, however, mostly as an equipment lackey. Very prevalent blame culture for an inadequate clinical structure. very little in terms of progress. Race and gender, and not merit determine how you progress.

very good

great place to work. good teamwork. good management. It is under Fraser Health so it offers great benefits. I would recommend it to all people looking for nursing jobs.

awesome

Fellow co-workers were very welcoming and helpful at RCH. I learned very efficiently and effectively. I would love to be a part of Royal Columbian again.

Pros

Great management

Cons

Respectful and safe work place

I love working at RCH. It is a great hospital work at. I am happy there from the manager to my colleagues. I believe it is a good place to work at.

Pros

safe

Cons

fun working place , you learn a lot if you want ,fast pace Truma setting always on your feet

Alot of politics too many bosses and the best advice I can give is do your job and don't get involved. I've been there for 20 years did my job and others if you have a strong personality u can servive,when u work in that environment .

Pros

you get to work with alot of good people

Cons

alot of bosses

It is a great learning environment.

I enjoy working at RCH. The staff are very friendly and willing to help out with any learning needs that may arise during work.

Productive and fun workplace

Great place to work. Co-workers were friendly and easy to work with. My manager was amazing and great to work for.

Fun environment

This hospital has a diverse culture among staff. Very multicultural and patient care is excellent.

Pros

team work

Cons

understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Columbian Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement