Royal Columbian Hospital

Royal Columbian Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews
Acute and Fast Pace Environment
RCH Perinatal is an acute and fast pace environment. Requires critical thinking and skills to implement a plan of care for mom and baby. It is a safe and joyful environment. Staff and management are exceptional when it comes to support and guidance
Lots of opportunity
Easy going, great group of people.
If you are a hard worker and enjoy working in a specialized environment with a good work live balance this is a good fit.
Disorganized, overworked, poorly compensated for this city
Not used appropriately for our training, uncooperative and aggressive team members, poor support from management and the union.

Working in different areas is a plus, however, mostly as an equipment lackey. Very prevalent blame culture for an inadequate clinical structure.

very little in terms of progress. Race and gender, and not merit determine how you progress.
Safe environment to work
All good and safe to be in the company teem, most of the staffs are nice to work with, management always support their staffs, it is multicultural environment.
very good place to work
-employees are friendly and helpful. A very good place to work.
-a good learning hospital as well.

-very up to date and has alot of good hours and employment opportunity.
Good staff and management
The various health care staff were all very personable and pleasant to work with. Due to the nature of my job, it was often very stressful on the unit. I sometimes found it to be understaffed.
Busy and unfriendly staff
this hospital is the a very busy hospital, that's why staff put their responsibility on top of other shoulders. there is neither education nor information updating. Promotion in this hospital is based on your connection not on your knowledge.The connection should be someone from high level of management.
most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside amazing health care professionals
Fraser Health's trauma center. I am proud to work here due to the team work among my colleagues. Everyone works together for the benefit of the patient.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Royal Columbian Hospital?
Great Employer
Great staff very supportive. It can be stressful at times but coworkers are very respectful and helpful. The managment is also very supporitve of any work place issue you may have.
very good
great place to work. good teamwork. good management. It is under Fraser Health so it offers great benefits. I would recommend it to all people looking for nursing jobs.
respectable workplace
diverse respectable workplace.
can be stressful at times but coworkers are very helpful with each other.

Managers and supervisors listen to their peers
Pros
free lunch from the doctor sometimes
Maintain and update patient records, which include medical histories, treatments and examinations. They are also responsible for filing and storing records as well as the process for releasing patient medical records.
Good for travel assignments
It's a pretty good place to get some travel work. The way they assign the work is a bit subjective, and you never really know how much work you are going to get. But still not bad.
awesome
Fellow co-workers were very welcoming and helpful at RCH. I learned very efficiently and effectively. I would love to be a part of Royal Columbian again.
Pros
Great management
Excellent job
Always changing environment with a lot of exciting situations happening every day. Something new to learn every day. Helping people was so rewarding.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Shift work
Respectful and safe work place
I love working at RCH. It is a great hospital work at. I am happy there from the manager to my colleagues. I believe it is a good place to work at.
Pros
safe
Cons
fun working place , you learn a lot if you want ,fast pace Truma setting always on your feet
Alot of politics too many bosses and the best advice I can give is do your job and don't get involved. I've been there for 20 years did my job and others if you have a strong personality u can servive,when u work in that environment .
Pros
you get to work with alot of good people
Cons
alot of bosses
It is a great learning environment.
I enjoy working at RCH. The staff are very friendly and willing to help out with any learning needs that may arise during work.
Excellent client care
A very fast paced hospital (acute) in which staff members of various interdisciplinary teams are able to keep up with the demand and provide excellent client/patient care.
hospitality is the job, i like doing it.
I learned new products and new ways to clean, and use those products in hospital environment. Learned different steps and procedures working in hosital.
Pros
staff helps to learn new things.
Cons
they were giving less hours.
good
like any other place, you have your good and bad.
I have experience good managers, bad managers.

good working conditions/resources and bad ones.

good supportive staff and the not so supportive staff.

I left because I moved to ON, not b/c RCH was a bad place to work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Columbian Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
Royal Columbian Hospital Reviews by Location